Tigers vs Saracens

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers vs Saracens

Post by sam16111986 »

Yorkietiger wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:22 pm Stanko excepted, the coaching team all need to go.

- Murphy, great player but no proven ability to coach at this level

- Deacon, average squad player in his day but utterly out of his depth if our defence in anything to go by

- Bakewell, early impact when he got here, but sweet :censored: adams since then

Utterly fed up of watching this :censored:, no season ticket renewal for next season. The only language our BoD will understand is when the till stops ringing. Maybe then they will collectively grow a pair and do what is so clearly necessary.
Bakewell has done nothing but we suddenly have a working lineout, a rolling maul (two tries) and solid lineout defence. That's the best we've done in that department in a while.

Deacon has had to build from nothing. Tackling wasn't great today but Sarries scored from three individual mistakes instead of cutting us apart. Generally we contained them quite well though we certainly had a wobble after conceding the tries. Losing Worth hurt our aerial ability at the back. Plenty of work still to do but compared to early season it's improved a bit.

We lost because we lacked invention. When we get back our international back line back next week hopefully we'll see some further improvement.

This is the coaching setup and squad until the end of the season. Time to back Murphy.

Great to see Kerr coming on and looking strong when we lost Youngs. The next Tigers 2 right there for me.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Not many were expecting anything from this game. Positives are that we got a LBP and prevented Saracens from getting a Try bonus point....small margins and it could have gone our way.....Only one other team has prevented Saracens from getting a TBP this season......next week is a huge game and a win will keep Tigers in sight of fourth place......top two looks like they are there to stay unless they have an almighty crash.
Forwards were good and generally the defence was good......tries conceded from our own errors and switching off.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

WiggoTiger wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:46 pm Generally played better than I've seen for weeks but sadly weren't clinical enough. Too many kicks to nothing especially late on cost us glory. Sadly will be in a relegation scrap if we lose to brizz next week. Am worried.
Tigers will be able to field a first choice team and should have too much for Bristol.
Or is that the kiss of death?!!
Semper in excretia
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:54 pm Not many were expecting anything from this game. Positives are that we got a LBP and prevented Saracens from getting a Try bonus point....small margins and it could have gone our way.....Only one other team has prevented Saracens from getting a TBP this season......next week is a huge game and a win will keep Tigers in sight of fourth place......top two looks like they are there to stay unless they have an almighty crash.
Forwards were good and generally the defence was good......tries conceded from our own errors and switching off.
I admire the optimism but the forwards were playing against Sarries 2nds and I have never seen defending like that and so many missed tackles described as generally good!
Scrum

Post by Scrum »

I thought we played quite well against 13
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

BFG wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:20 pm
Tigerbeat wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:54 pm Not many were expecting anything from this game. Positives are that we got a LBP and prevented Saracens from getting a Try bonus point....small margins and it could have gone our way.....Only one other team has prevented Saracens from getting a TBP this season......next week is a huge game and a win will keep Tigers in sight of fourth place......top two looks like they are there to stay unless they have an almighty crash.
I admire the optimism but the forwards were playing against Sarries 2nds and I have never seen defending like that and so many missed tackles described as generally good!
Forwards were largely tackling themselves into the ground but the backs are where the line breaks and missed tackles hurt us.

I appreciate we are arguing about whose contribution to 25 missed tackles was least problematic but most games forwards from all teams miss one or two just through the nature of the tight encounters.

Today wasn’t about the forwards failing, they did what they were asked to do.

You can argue the collective failings of whether what they are being asked to do is going to win us games against the best teams but they worked manfully and did pretty well IMO.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

:smt007 :smt007
Scrum wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:26 pm I thought we played quite well against 13
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

The forwards were brilliant.
They must be REALLY :censored: OFF at four of the backs....
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Is it me or do we just kick the ball away and hope a miracle happens to help us. Only useful kick created smudges try.
Defence up so quick use a grubber now and again to turn the opposition. Try not to hit it against a player though :smt048 :smt048
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

fortysix wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:48 pm The forwards were brilliant.
They must be REALLY :censored: OFF at four of the backs....
Which four?? Ford, Owen,...
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
parvacat

Post by parvacat »

Robespierre wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:57 pm
WiggoTiger wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:46 pm Generally played better than I've seen for weeks but sadly weren't clinical enough. Too many kicks to nothing especially late on cost us glory. Sadly will be in a relegation scrap if we lose to brizz next week. Am worried.
Tigers will be able to field a first choice team and should have too much for Bristol.
Are all the Internationals available for Brizzle or is there any compulsory rest period?
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

DeadlyDunc wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:29 pm
BFG wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:20 pm
Forwards were largely tackling themselves into the ground but the backs are where the line breaks and missed tackles hurt us.

I appreciate we are arguing about whose contribution to 25 missed tackles was least problematic but most games forwards from all teams miss one or two just through the nature of the tight encounters.

Today wasn’t about the forwards failing, they did what they were asked to do.

You can argue the collective failings of whether what they are being asked to do is going to win us games against the best teams but they worked manfully and did pretty well IMO.
I don't doubt that they worked but I didn't think they did well.
Didn't do much pick an go around the fringes for me and were lined up pretty easily by that Sarries defence, I was a little confused at that constant tactic to be honest.
Not much has changed for me, we were fifth before the internationals and will be relying on Manu again to get in behind those defenders, which he probably will do to be fair!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Who voted for Sam Harrison for man of the match? I mean, he wasn't poor but I don't think he was man of the match!

O'Connor or Dan Cole would have been better winners surely?!
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

TBH who actually believes the MOM vote, a few weeks back they had a sub in top position who hadn't left the bench.
All :censored: IMHO.
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Robespierre wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:57 pm
Really? Best pucker up!!!
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat