Perspective

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

amazing tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Perspective

Post by amazing tiger »

I understand there is a lot to be negative about at the minute but we aren't the only big team to decline in recent seasons. Toulouse recently were not a great side even dropping down into the challenge cup and not doing well in the top 14 but they have recovered now and they can now compete with teams like leinster. Clermont also recently had a very poor season last year however they are at the top of the top 14 this year. I think we need to accept that the damage that O’Connor did to this club will take a long time to recover from and that Murphy needs time to develop the fringe players so that we get strength in depth. The club isn't in a great position now but if we continue to back everyone at this present time we can become a force once again.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Re: Perspective

Post by Chobbsy »

I spoke to Tiger's player on Saturday who was really frustrated and as he said on Friday night we had 12 first team players out against 1 from Gloucester.
Like he said why do we play internationals during the league season? Plus a couple of players who retired from internationals then deciding to unretire.
Telusa doesn't sound too good though but I also spoke to Ellis Genge who said he will be back in 2 weeks, he said he has been pacing like a caged lion he needs to get back to playing
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Chobbsy wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:47 am I spoke to Tiger's player on Saturday who was really frustrated and as he said on Friday night we had 12 first team players out against 1 from Gloucester.
Like he said why do we play internationals during the league season? Plus a couple of players who retired from internationals then deciding to unretire.
Telusa doesn't sound too good though but I also spoke to Ellis Genge who said he will be back in 2 weeks, he said he has been pacing like a caged lion he needs to get back to playing
This is why I get very narked by the doom-mongers who ignore reality.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

jgriffin wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:05 am
Chobbsy wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:47 am I spoke to Tiger's player on Saturday who was really frustrated and as he said on Friday night we had 12 first team players out against 1 from Gloucester.
Hopefully it will be a cycle and when we have all our players back and fit things will change, I will say when we look for new players from abroad and we go for retired internationals we have a clause that they either stay retired or they are not available during the premier season
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Murphy really hasn't had a great deal of time to try and construct a team of his own, having been thrown in at the deep end.
We've had some very mixed results this season so far but there have been flashes of brilliance when the right players have been on the pitch. We will probably lose this Sunday and maybe even the away game at Briz, but once the returning internationals (and hopefully Genge) get a game back in them for Tigers, i'm sure we will start to see some consistency and hopefully some decent results.
We have to give Murphy and the rest of the coaching team the rest of the season to see if they can start to put there own influence on things, then hopefully next season, after culling a few fringe players, we can start to build and maybe have a decent season, but it's going to take more than a couple of moths to rebuild what has been a very bad few years for Tigers.
If the rest of this season gets worse and worse then the board probably need to look at something else for the future, but at the moment, well, what was it one fella on here used to say....."KEEP THE FAITH"!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

ads wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:28 pm Murphy really hasn't had a great deal of time to try and construct a team of his own, having been thrown in at the deep end.
We've had some very mixed results this season so far but there have been flashes of brilliance when the right players have been on the pitch. We will probably lose this Sunday and maybe even the away game at Briz, but once the returning internationals (and hopefully Genge) get a game back in them for Tigers, i'm sure we will start to see some consistency and hopefully some decent results.
We have to give Murphy and the rest of the coaching team the rest of the season to see if they can start to put there own influence on things, then hopefully next season, after culling a few fringe players, we can start to build and maybe have a decent season, but it's going to take more than a couple of moths to rebuild what has been a very bad few years for Tigers.
If the rest of this season gets worse and worse then the board probably need to look at something else for the future, but at the moment, well, what was it one fella on here used to say....."KEEP THE FAITH"!
These would be 'Tiger Moths' presumably?

Oh come on! Someone had to say it!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

:smt002
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

jgriffin wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:05 am
We all understand that we would probably lose last weekend, but I think most people won’t be happy with the actual performance.

We all know we have a weakened squad during this window. However, we do ask for whoever is wearing the Tigers shirt to play with commitment and a desire to win. These qualities weren’t evident against Gloucester. It’s like we turned up knowing we would never win and also playing without any game plan.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

If we counted the number of errors and tricks missed by Tigers BoD in the last 4 years we'd be well into double figures.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

jgriffin wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:00 pm If we counted the number of errors and tricks missed by Tigers BoD in the last 4 years we'd be well into double figures.
You mean like 36GG!