Tigers vs Saracens

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Tigers vs Saracens

Post by JP14 »

Now is the time to really step, show the heart and desire from the Scarlets match.

1 Bateman
2 Kerr
3 Cole
4 Spencer
5 Kitchener
6 Williams
7 Evans
8 Kalamafoni
9 White
10 Hardwick
11 Olowofela
12 Eastmond
13 Owen
14 Thompstone
15 Worth
16 Youngs
17 Gigena
18 Cortes
19 Wells
20 Reffell
21 Harrison
22 Ford
23 Smith
Last edited by JP14 on Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers vs Saracens

Post by westwinds31 »

I’m hopeful (blind faith maybe) that Denton or BoC may make an appearance ? Wonders never cease. I question the desire of the squad after that limp performance at Kingsholm and also the defence, which was woeful. Changes in personnel isn’t an excuse as everyone knows the systems. Head and heart says we lose this one but you never know.
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

I have realised I am actually looking forward to the curry afterwards as much as the match, but will cheer and support as much as ever!
As Good As It Gets
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

JP why no Eastmond in the 23? Is he injured? Also not sure about the bench 6 to 2 forwards to backs ratio. Surely Eastmond should start and Smith go to the bench in place of Fitzgerald.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

our best locks are Wells & Spencer , Harrison and Hardwick for half back , Eastmond and Smith at centre . I'd start Kerr at 2 with Spencer as Captain .
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

JP14 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:03 am Now is the time to really step, show the heart and desire from the Scarlets match.

1 Bateman
2 Kerr
3 Cole
4 Spencer
5 Kitchener
6 Williams
7 Evans
8 Kalamafoni
9 White
10 Hardwick
11 Olowofela
12 Smith
13 Owen
14 Thompstone
15 Worth
16 Youngs
17 Gigena
18 Cortes
19 Wells
20 Fitzgerald
21 Reffell
22 Harrison
23 Ford
No Eastmond???
2 backs?????
Would have Harrison in the starting 15 and the rest is fine but depending on returnees would leave Fitz out, Olowofela on bench if Holmes is released also
Hehehehehehehehe
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

westwinds31 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:01 am I’m hopeful (blind faith maybe) that Denton or BoC may make an appearance ? Wonders never cease. I question the desire of the squad after that limp performance at Kingsholm and also the defence, which was woeful. Changes in personnel isn’t an excuse as everyone knows the systems. Head and heart says we lose this one but you never know.
The defensive woes came down to a lack of pace as much as anything in my opinion. The value of pace in defence is overlooked so often. How strong England's defence was with an in-form Jonathan Joseph at 13 is a good example there.

Worth looks a better fit at centre than 15 to me largely due to this. Thompson going off only exacerbated this in the forwards as well.

Whilst worrying from a personnel perspective it says less about desire in my opinion.

Along with strong recruitment at second row, an injection of pace in the backs is sorely needed - Jones and Cordero please!
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

Assuming Holmes will be returned, I'd go with:

15. Jonah Holmes
14. Adam Thompstone
13. Gareth Owen
12. Kyle Eastmond
11. Jordan Olowofela
10. Tom Hardwick
9. Ben White
1. Greg Bateman
2. Tom Youngs
3. Dan Cole
4. Harry Wells
5. Will Spencer
6. Mike Williams
7. Will Evans
8. Sione Kalamafoni

16. Jake Kerr
17. Facundo Gigena
18. Joe Heyes
19. Graham Kitchener
20. Tommy Reffell
21. Sam Harrison
22. George Worth
23. Matt Smith
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

JP14 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:03 am Now is the time to really step, show the heart and desire from the Scarlets match.

1 Bateman
2 Kerr
3 Cole
4 Spencer
5 Kitchener
6 Williams
7 Evans
8 Kalamafoni
9 White
10 Hardwick
11 Olowofela
12 Smith
13 Owen
14 Thompstone
15 Worth
16 Youngs
17 Gigena
18 Cortes
19 Wells
20 Fitzgerald
21 Reffell
22 Harrison
23 Ford
There's not a chance Kerr will start ahead of Tom Youngs.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

TTRITH wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:36 am Assuming Holmes will be returned, I'd go with:

15. Jonah Holmes
14. Adam Thompstone
13. Gareth Owen
12. Kyle Eastmond
11. Jordan Olowofela
10. Tom Hardwick
9. Ben White
1. Greg Bateman
2. Tom Youngs
3. Dan Cole
4. Harry Wells
5. Will Spencer
6. Mike Williams
7. Will Evans
8. Sione Kalamafoni

16. Jake Kerr
17. Facundo Gigena
18. Joe Heyes
19. Graham Kitchener
20. Tommy Reffell
21. Sam Harrison
22. George Worth
23. Matt Smith
Not been impressed with Thompstone this season, I'd have Worth at 15 and Holmes at 14. Might have Harrison start.
BlindTiger

Post by BlindTiger »

I am genuinely concerned for the team this weekend. After watching last weekend there is obviously huge system flaws in defence and attack. Gloucester were made to look like world beaters in that first half. The issue with 'hiding' your fly half in defence becomes so apparent on a wrap play. Olowafela was hung out to dry by Owen on several occasions. I agree with a few posts in the last thread that there appears to be no foresight in what might happen if there are injuries, international call ups etc. The strength in depth in key positions is poor. This has to improve over the summer. I'd be raiding Edinburgh and Glasgow for their internationals as 50 of them are coming off contract!! (Talk about foresight!).
I dont know about anyone else but if Ford starts this weekend and Hardwick is on the bench what message are the selectors sending to TH?? He is the player that looks like he will open up the opposition. He carries the ball to the line and attracts defenders. The issue is I doubt the club have smart enough players to read this type of play which is astonishing! Starting with Joe Ford is such a backward step for supposedly forward thinking coach! Especially if Lowsowski, Barritt and Bosch are the midfield up against us, those lateral plays that JF only seems capable of will be eaten up!
Every team that has caused Sarries problems have had an intelligent kicking games and have challenged the ten channel on the gainline. Hopefully commonsense prevails and we can see an improved performance with the right selection!
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

drc_007 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:09 pm Not been impressed with Thompstone this season
I remember people saying the same about Goneva... until he left.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Can only see one result for this game but the most unfortunate thing is the inevitable calling for Murphys head afterwards.

Would love to see us perform above and beyond though.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

ourla wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:00 pm Can only see one result for this game but the most unfortunate thing is the inevitable calling for Murphys head afterwards.

Would love to see us perform above and beyond though.
You're quick to call others out for negativity but are not exactly immune yourself.
Leicester are clearly weakened, but what has been most disappointing in recent weeks has been the lack of metal.
We know the leadership is wobbly at times and we know some of the talent is young but if Leicester can't put up a good fight at home against a weakened Sarries then they deserve any criticism that comes.
A full strength Gloucester away is excusable, this one isn't without a proper scrap.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:17 am JP why no Eastmond in the 23? Is he injured? Also not sure about the bench 6 to 2 forwards to backs ratio. Surely Eastmond should start and Smith go to the bench in place of Fitzgerald.
Whoops I knew I was missing somebody 😂.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni