Gloucester vs Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Gloucester vs Tigers

Post by MikeR »

White slowly gets the ball out to Ford , Ford even more slowly gets it out to Eastmond who by now has 3 Glaws defenders around him - turnover - Glaws try .
Forwards look fine , backs rubbish .
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

MikeR wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:55 pm White slowly gets the ball out to Ford , Ford even more slowly gets it out to Eastmond who by now has 3 Glaws defenders around him - turnover - Glaws try .
Forwards look fine , backs rubbish .
And of course you have been watching them train all week and seen what the coaches have seen and what their game plan is.
Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tomvarndell »

Time for a rain dance me feels :smt002
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Very odd selection all round.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Tomvarndell wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:05 pm Time for a rain dance me feels :smt002
Forecast is dry and relatively mild for the time of year in Gloucester tomorrow evening
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:09 pm Very odd selection all round.
Why is it. Front row and back row are the strongest available given injuries. Spencer hasn’t played for 3 weeks so may not be completely match fit.
I understand the half backs are contentious, but White has been pushing Harrison this season, and Geordan must have his reasons for picking Ford. Rest of the backline is as strong as we can put out given injuries and call ups
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Mark62 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:15 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:09 pm Very odd selection all round.
Why is it. Front row and back row are the strongest available given injuries. Spencer hasn’t played for 3 weeks so may not be completely match fit.
I understand the half backs are contentious, but White has been pushing Harrison this season, and Geordan must have his reasons for picking Ford. Rest of the backline is as strong as we can put out given injuries and call ups
No problem with Ben White - he has to start in games like this if he is to make the grade. Glad to see Geordan giving him the opportunity and building for the future. Something MOC would never have done unless forced into it by injuries and /or call ups.

My initial reaction was Joe Ford to start :smt013 :smt013 :smt013 . Then I considered that at least Hardwick and Harrison will give us some impetus off the bench. The rest of the backline is probably the strongest available given injuries and call ups.

Spencer will again give impetus. Wells is for me the "form" lock this season so far so has to start. Finally Jake Kerr has been playing well so again gives us a more than passable replacement.

With the team we have available it's got to be a case of kick into the corners, chase hard and unleash the backs if we have an opportunity in the opposition 22.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Voice of the crumbie agree totally about Harrison and Hardwick off the bench, Gloucester still have their issues closing out games.

Just to put this selection into context before the season started I think a lot of our supporters would have had the 1st choice back line as , Youngs, Ford, May, Toomua, Tuilagi, Holmes, Veianu. None of those are available tomorrow night.
Add to that a pack missing Genge, TPN, Denton and Oconner
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

This is an important game and yet again we find ourselves devoid of quality and experience.

Cannot see a win, I would be delirious with a LBP, but I fear I shall be dissapointed.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Surprised no Will Evans on the bench, if Guy Thompson gets injured who plays at open side?
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

I’ll try and watch on t’internet with a bottle of Buzet at my side and will only open the cognac if the tension becomes too unbearable !
Last edited by Robespierre on Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Semper in excretia
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

This could be another Worcester with the game over after 25 minutes! I hope I am wrong but I’m not going this year which may mean we turn up and do well.
As for the selection: Geordan is probably going to play Hardwick at home to Sarries to protect him from the shed and just to remind him to take more time with kicks to win games( I was surprised how quickly Tom took the last penalty last week with little time left on the clock).
This will be an excellent work out for the pack before facing Sarries and Bristol.
Realistic target: 2 wins out of 3 with a decent performance v Gloucester.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Whilst not our best team, probably the best we can field given all our current injuries and Toomua being away with Australia.

Very happy that Kerr has been stuck on the bench, great young player who always impresses when given a chance. Also a very accomplished lineout thrower.
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

What gives me hope is that our forwards pack is basically at full strength, where as Gloucester's back row is lacking their usual first team.
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Last week I thought Gloucester were pretty unimpressive against Saints, especially considering they seemed to have a relatively stronger team (more first picks) than Saints had out. The only one who really impressed was Ackerman who isn't playing tomorrow. It is 15 v 15 and if we get it together we have a chance. Who would have predicted a one point difference in the All Black's game?
As Good As It Gets