Tigers v Scarlets

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Scarlets

Post by Big Dai »

fleabane wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:41 pm Great work by the forwards. Thompson my MOM.
+1 Enjoyed the game. Will watch again in the morning when the adrenalin and Remy rush has gone. Father and I enjoying a glass..

Nervous at half time. Great last quarter.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
HantsTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by HantsTiger »

sam16111986 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:44 pm
fleabane wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:41 pm Great work by the forwards. Thompson my MOM.
I was happy when we signed him in the summer. More like delighted now. He's a great bloke to have in the squad.
+1, love the bloke. His energy is infectious. Only caught the last 20 mins live, but what a game. Nice to see Kerr come on, throw some nice lineouts and get stuck in around the park, Reffel was impressive too
TigerAwood

Post by TigerAwood »

Why no mention or penaltys for high seat belt tackles also warning for scrum keep going down and another warning at 70mins but no cards???
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

Cos we won, so no need to whinge!!!!!
TigerAwood

Post by TigerAwood »

NOT winging ust asking a question and if we had lost????
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Thompson and Eastmond have both been standout acquisitions for us. Thompson has been our most consistent performer and his passion is brilliant to see from a fans point of view.

We grew in to the game and actually looked like we believed we could defend and close the game out.

Made my weekend already!
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

TigerAwood wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:07 pm NOT winging ust asking a question and if we had lost????
To be fair, after the scrum warning, I don't think there was another scrum pen. I thought he reffed it pretty well
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Eastmond a gem. Thompson and Holmes equally.
Proves the Coaching is the hub of where its being going twits up.... Until today----------- so congratulations to GM and his team...
Let us all hope we are on the upward slope...
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

TigerAwood wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:57 pm Why no mention or penaltys for high seat belt tackles also warning for scrum keep going down and another warning at 70mins but no cards???
The calls on the high tackles were consistently inconsistent as per usual.

The first warning was against the loosehead at the scrum. The second warning was for the team as a while following a collapsed rolling maul.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Best second half I've seen from Tigers in a while.

One of the issues in defence is the front-row forwards clustering together and then getting undone. Need someone to move them and ensure they have support. Bateman in particular is now being targeted by the opposition.

TPN looks unfit and is unable to maintain line speed. Not sure Williams has the pace to play blindside, left Tigers short at the breakdown on occasions. I'd let him focus on second row where he has been playing pretty well.

Manu was marked by 3 players and yet still broke the gain line regularly, he really distorted the Scarlets defence, you could see players looking for him and ignoring the threats elsewhere.

Can someone stop them giving away soft penalties.
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

WWOOOOOOOOOO! :smt026 :smt041 :smt044
Thompson and Manu were immense.
An even game which we came out on top. The second half was much better barring the brain lapse for their last try.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Excellent night all round. Another stuttering performance in the first half but fair play to coaches and players they got it right big time in the second half. Had it no been for Ben Youngs brain fart it would have been a bigger rout.

Highlights: Manu, Thompstone, our scrum, line out aside from one screw up that ended up costing us a try.

As they said on commentary the second half is a blue print for how we want to play. And there is real hope we have turned a corner.

I thought Poite had a really good game.

Warburton was brilliant on commentary.

I wouldn't say Tigers are back but definite hope for the future.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

I always thought that Tigers could win this game (and others) if they were more accurate.
When more play well it looks good.
At times the Tigers did seem to want to gift Scarlets a sniff at a result and the big turning point was at 25-27 with Scarlets not as accurate and the opportunity to put the result to bed was taken.
Tuilagi was MOM for me with Thompson probably deserving of player of the season so far.
I still believe that Harrison should play more, the combination of his quick ball with Ford who played well and an on form Tuilagi is very effective and it was also noticeable how his quick service allowed the other backs to get on the front foot with more direct angles to the point where they looked unplayable and Ford had choices galore.
I think Eastmond is a good foil when Youngs is on, he buys a few yards and some time with his footwork.
Good win albeit against a weakened Scarlets who were still very good, they have some excellent depth!
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Some comments on the Scarlets forum:

Outclassed and out fought

Tonight we got beaten by far better team

It's been a while since anyone said that about us!
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

And throwing all sorts of accusations at Coley.

Which means he played a blinder.