Ulster v Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Ulster v Tigers

Post by sapajo »

kpj tiger wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:26 pm That last 30 seconds was insane, Olowofela with an epic catch, Kalamafoni with a decent enough kick for an 8 and then another crossfield nearly gathered, overall 2nd half woeful but not the end of the world

Must have been watching a different match.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Grumpy of Crumbie wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:27 pm What a fantastic game of rugby, two really professional well drilled sides putting it all on the line for the shirt. A display of absolute quality by both sides in very difficult conditions. Players able to think on their feet and adapt to the conditions and the opposition.

Yep, great game a Sandy Park! How far are we behind that standard of rugby???
I was just about to enter rant mode. Then I saw your last line......thanks for the laugh.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Keep Stanko as Scrummaging Coach

The rest.... P45

What the heck is Allen doing as attack Coach ???? Defence Coach possibly
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

I didn’t think we played that badly in general, just the stupid penalties and awful lineout killed us whenever we got into good attacking positions and were getting up some momentum.

Great to see the likes of Reffell, Olowofela and Heyes getting solid gametime. Going to be great players in the future for us. I think looking at it, considering how many players we had missing from the starting XV, I thought we did alright.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:38 pm I didn’t think we played that badly in general, just the stupid penalties and awful lineout killed us whenever we got into good attacking positions and were getting up some momentum.

Great to see the likes of Reffell, Olowofela and Heyes getting solid gametime. Going to be great players in the future for us. I think looking at it, considering how many players we had missing from the starting XV, I thought we did alright.
+1 :smt023
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

As BOD said “line out fell apart”. How atypical.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

sapajo wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:33 pm
kpj tiger wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:26 pm That last 30 seconds was insane, Olowofela with an epic catch, Kalamafoni with a decent enough kick for an 8 and then another crossfield nearly gathered, overall 2nd half woeful but not the end of the world

No! right match, just that the Tigers only created something for 30 seconds!! Thats Europe over then for another year?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Europe was always a step to far for this Tigers squad.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

TigerCam wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:42 pm

No! right match, just that the Tigers only created something for 30 seconds!! Thats Europe over then for another year?
Have you seen the Scarlets result
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

sapajo wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:49 pm Europe was always a step to far for this Tigers squad.
True, but at least the line out should be functioning above 60% and we should not miss 24 tackles, these are just basic things that ought to be ingrained.
clarkey80
Tiger Cub

Post by clarkey80 »

Same old - worrying that we can't learn from our mistakes.
Line out - fell apart again
Tackling - way too many missed again

Feao too - both this week and last week - makes a couple of metres but holds the ball in one hand and loses it in collision. School boy stuff - he's not good enough.

Need to give GM some time but at the very least I want to see some improvement in the blatant areas we are so poor in.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

TigerCam wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:42 pm

In Europe you need results at home then one result away.

Manu looked excellent and the midfield combo looks the most settled since Ant Allen still graced the 12 shirt. Forwards were good in the first half but looked tired in the second and our bench was too raw, Ulster had more impact. All three young forwards have the potential and with the experience of tonight will continue to grow. Hopefully they'll be an experienced player or two coming back for next week to support the young lads efforts (can't fault the commitment).

Back three were a mess positionally, the wingers are far too flat to the line leaving the 15 with acres to cover. When we had a player gathering deep under pressure he was on his own faced with a rushed kick or desperate attempt to buy time for support to arrive. No passing option to move the ball and open the potential of a counter attack or decent clearance.
newport tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by newport tiger »

We are seriously lacking a leader, i wonder if Spencer or Wells would be better candidates for captaincy. On a more positive note Denton was a big miss today, May and Vianu should be back soon and obviously Genge will make a huge difference when he finally returns. Keep the Faith!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

drc_007 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:51 pm
sapajo wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:49 pm Europe was always a step to far for this Tigers squad.
True, but at least the line out should be functioning above 60% and we should not miss 24 tackles, these are just basic things that ought to be ingrained.
Agreed Tigers are a team in name only and frankly its shocking that the players and coaches are getting paid for the utter dross I pay my season ticket to watch. Guess I am a mug I love Tigers and will continue to support them through thick and thin. But over the last 4 seasons its been wafer thin gruel on the pitch and Tigers are surviving solely on past glories. :smt009
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

It's my town, it's my team. Please, someone, get us back to where we once were. I don't mean winning everything in sight. Just competing with a team playing as a team.

I know it shouldn't matter. It's only a game. But there's a proud heritage that goes with putting that shirt on and a Tigers performance means so much to me.

Let's at least look competent. Do the basics right?

Go on. Make an old man happy.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"