Ulster v Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

HantsTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Ulster v Tigers

Post by HantsTiger »

3-0 HT. We look good in attack but are lack the accuracy with the last pass. Manu appears to be using their 10s as a doormat.

Holmes looks class at the back, more assured than their 15 under the bomb.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Holmes looks class, always buying time for the team at the back and looks strong ball in hand for a guy his size.

Also been impressed by Williams and Wells in the engine room, both have been dominant in defence. Thompson and O’Connor in tandem a nuisance at the breakdown, something maybe to go forwards with into the premiership.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Sick note (Tuilagi) 1 decent tackle, 1 knock on, and 3 carries for, what, six yards? How many thousand pounds is that a yard
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
HantsTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by HantsTiger »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:24 pm.

Also been impressed by Williams and Wells in the engine room, both have been dominant in defence. Thompson and O’Connor in tandem a nuisance at the breakdown, something maybe to go forwards with into the premiership.
I hope so, and with the foil of Denton it does make for some cracking options.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Old Hob wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:24 pm Sick note (Tuilagi) 1 decent tackle, 1 knock on, and 3 carries for, what, six yards? How many thousand pounds is that a yard
That's the price you pay for a player who can make the hard yards, I really don't understand what else you want him to do ?
HantsTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by HantsTiger »

Old Hob wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:24 pm Sick note (Tuilagi) 1 decent tackle, 1 knock on, and 3 carries for, what, six yards? How many thousand pounds is that a yard
And 2 of those tacklers are off for HIAs. Game of attrition so far. To be fair, we've run the same move 3 times, a bit of variety might put him into a gap
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

HantsTiger wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:26 pm
Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:24 pm.

I hope so, and with the foil of Denton it does make for some cracking options.
True, for as much as I like Kalamafoni, I feel Denton would compliment them two better at 8. Bigger ball carrier and also very important for the lineout to function at its best.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Lots of effort from Tigers, two pretty even sides feels like a game were an individual error could cost the game.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

kpj tiger wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:27 pm
That's the price you pay for a player who can make the hard yards, I really don't understand what else you want him to do ?
Find a gap, use his feet, break a tackle, get more than three yards, stop missing tackles, concentrate
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Old Hob wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:33 pm
kpj tiger wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:27 pm
Find a gap, use his feet, break a tackle, get more than three yards, stop missing tackles, concentrate
I think its been the conditions that have been causing him to go to ground more than the Ulster Players, its also obviously part of the gameplan for him to simply truck the ball up the middle
HantsTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by HantsTiger »

Try for Ulster but I'm sure that the pen should have been ours. Best wasn't bound and ran into the back of the maul
DaveRave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveRave »

All that hard work in the first half utterly wasted in 60 seconds of rubbish.
HantsTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by HantsTiger »

And another straight from the KO, in tatters at the back.....
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

A couple questionable decisions result in an Ulster try
DaveRave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveRave »

Phew. 2nd try disallowed.