Pre Game Player Video

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sapajo
Super User
Super User

Pre Game Player Video

Post by sapajo »

2nd home game in a row and a second cringeworthy player whip up support pre match video.

I hope this is not going to become a regular feature.

For me it reflects just how far our great club has fallen, as frankly its only necessary because there is increasingly meagre rations on the pitch.

So I think we should also now have a regular supporter pre match video each week to be played in the Tigers changing room to whip up the team to perform.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: Pre Game Player Video

Post by JP14 »

In my view, it’ll be good if properly delivered at the moment it’s a bit cringe, but if performances improve most fans won’t mind it.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

sapajo wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:31 pm 2nd home game in a row and a second cringeworthy player whip up support pre match video.

I hope this is not going to become a regular feature.

For me it reflects just how far our great club has fallen, as frankly its only necessary because there is increasingly meagre rations on the pitch.

So I think we should also now have a regular supporter pre match video each week to be played in the Tigers changing room to whip up the team to perform.
It's happened at all 3 home games.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Thanks for the correction.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
jamiewilkinson

Post by jamiewilkinson »

This has to stop.
Supporters turn up week in week out to watch their beloved team, it’s a shame the players don’t.
We don’t need jeeing up for the game, we’re in full voice.
Attendances show how attractive the team are to watch right now, they way the team are playing is contributing massively to our attendances.
Agree with Sap. Perhaps they should show the players messages from the supporters to get them up for the game, it would be using resources to better effect!
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

Two weeks running the attendance has been 18,000. Thought it was a lot lower yesterday than the previous week.

The spare seats were really noticeable.
MJB

Post by MJB »

The 18000+ figures announced after the last 2 matches have been "number of tickets sold". This includes season tickets and clearly not all ST holders have turned up, hence the empty seats.
GeoffNeil

Post by GeoffNeil »

It is cringeworthy and to me shows where the club is at the moment, team cannot produce excitement on the pitch so trying to do it before they come on.

Sunday for me, with the very loud tannoy which made it difficult to talk to the person next to you, the dreadful yodelling and then the cack performance by the team made it a day with little enjoyment.
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

Don’t mind the video myself.

As for lower attendances, think is more to do with playing on Sunday - really messes up the weekend. Even this diehard ST holder thought about skipping the Sale game. In hindsight.....
Lutontiger

Post by Lutontiger »

Totally agree that this should go. I love Tigers and will support them whatever, as will most true fans, but find it patronising to fans and demeaning to players to put them and us through this. Does it show how out of touch those running the club have become?
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Nothing as demotivating as a motivational speech.
I'm not cynical just experienced
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

aslongaswebeatsaints wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:31 pm Don’t mind the video myself.

As for lower attendances, think is more to do with playing on Sunday - really messes up the weekend. Even this diehard ST holder thought about skipping the Sale game. In hindsight.....
I think you have a point re Sundays as those coming from further afield who are reliant on public transport find it difficult to get there. Also, no disrespect to Sale or Worcester, but I think if it had been Saints, Wasps, Sarries or Bath we would get more of those people who choose to go to specific games rather than those of us who attend every game.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

I was going to post something similar. Couldn't agree more - it is so bad it is beyond naff. It has to stop.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

They'll be playing sounds of bees buzzing next.
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

mol2 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:12 pm They'll be playing sounds of bees buzzing next.
Don't give them ideas!
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere