Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2018-19

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2018-19

Post by JP14 »

Kyle Traynor appearing as a “guest” for Harlequins on the bench in their Prem Rugby shield game tomorrow.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Joe Marler is believed by the Torygraph to be on the verge of announcing his retirement from international rugby.

The 28 year-old withdrew on Sunday from the three-day camp in Bristol citing ‘personal reasons’. and there is now increased speculation that the long-standing international loosehead, who was part of the Lions midweek side on the tour to New Zealand in 2017, is set to call time on his international career.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

strawclearer wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:08 pm Joe Marler is believed by the Torygraph to be on the verge of announcing his retirement from international rugby.

The 28 year-old withdrew on Sunday from the three-day camp in Bristol citing ‘personal reasons’. and there is now increased speculation that the long-standing international loosehead, who was part of the Lions midweek side on the tour to New Zealand in 2017, is set to call time on his international career.
Multiple outlets reporting this now
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

that puts a fit Genge on the bench then you would think?
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:32 pm that puts a fit Genge on the bench then you would think?
At least!
Semper in excretia
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:32 pm that puts a fit Genge on the bench then you would think?
Depends how Rapava-Ruskin takes to international rugby while Genge is still injured. He's an extremely competent scrummager and powerful in the loose, and if he becomes the default back-up to Vunipola while Genge is still recovering then it will be hard to oust him.

Hepburn and Mullan have caps and are also good options, and it could be that Genge simply won't get the opportunities to play himself back into England contention prior to the WC. It really depends how long his comeback takes.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

4071 wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:23 am
Depends how Rapava-Ruskin takes to international rugby while Genge is still injured. He's an extremely competent scrummager and powerful in the loose, and if he becomes the default back-up to Vunipola while Genge is still recovering then it will be hard to oust him.

Hepburn and Mullan have caps and are also good options, and it could be that Genge simply won't get the opportunities to play himself back into England contention prior to the WC. It really depends how long his comeback takes.
Might be wrong but isn't he also injured?
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Remains to be seen what Genge is made of, metal or cheese!
Hardly played much at all more recently.
Genge is very much behind Bateman who hasn't played badly at all in my opinion.
Whilst the team was struggling yesterday he looked quite happy sat on his backside, the man in front and the butt of his joke to the camera though did not find him funny at all, future Leicester Captain material!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

BFG wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:19 am
Whilst the team was struggling yesterday he looked quite happy sat on his backside, the man in front and the butt of his joke to the camera though did not find him funny at all, future Leicester Captain material!
[My embolden]

Thought exactly that myself. There's a training ground 'bust up' waiting to happen there!
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

strawclearer wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:25 am
[My embolden]

Thought exactly that myself. There's a training ground 'bust up' waiting to happen there!
I think you are reading too much into a totally innocous situation. We will be a better team when both of them are back on the park that is for sure.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

ourla wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:01 pm
[My embolden]

I think you are reading too much into a totally innocous situation. We will be a better team when both of them are back on the park that is for sure.
I think we were both being slightly tongue-in-cheek there and, of course, their return is very much looked forward to!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Harlequins flyhalf Tim Swiel has joined Newcastle Falcons with immediate effect.

https://twitter.com/premrugby/status/10 ... 14881?s=21
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/salary-c ... scrumhalf/

This is someone Tigers should be looking at in my opinion. Like a Harrison but more physical. On Gloucester’s radar apparently.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

strawclearer wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:32 pm
ourla wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:01 pm
[My embolden]

I think we were both being slightly tongue-in-cheek there and, of course, their return is very much looked forward to!
Slightly tongue-in-cheek indeed it was, something that seems a little lost on many these days.
It's only a game and much more important things to be bothered about.
I do this just for a laugh as I don't get many since my missus removed all the mirrors from the house!