Saints v Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Smudger67S
Top Cat
Top Cat

Saints v Tigers

Post by Smudger67S »

Based on form, based on Saints scoring 6 tries away from home, based on Tigers managing 1 try at home vs Sale scoring 3.
Realistically what could Tigers get from this emotional match vs Saints?
If at first you don't succeed .............. then skydiving isnt for you!!!!
Smudger67S
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: Saints v Tigers

Post by Smudger67S »

Even a losing bonus point is beyond Tigers. Am I wrong or am I realistic?
Emotions and history put to one side, can anyone on this forum hope or expect a Tigers win?? Let’s be realistic here folks.
If at first you don't succeed .............. then skydiving isnt for you!!!!
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

just had a little look at the tables and based on form over five games we are 3 points better that Saints. I am aware that we are not actually doing well but neither are Saints so no need to be too pessimistic over next weeks result. The table does not lie, both teams will hope that their season gets better and hopefully that will start next week with a cracking game. If that is not possible I will settle for a poor game with Tigers winning, I saw a few of those even in the Deano days.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I think the fact we lost twice to them last season hurts deeply, we’ll definitely want and go for the win, well at least we should do anyway.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Form never counts for the East Midlands Derby.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

JP14 wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:37 am Form never counts for the East Midlands Derby.
Let's hope not for obvious reasons...
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

Its looking like a painful afternoon ahead - really pleased I booked those tickets !
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

I think Saints give the opportunity to play, it'll be fast and it'll be loose on a large pitch, every opportunity including the kids to show what they have got.
You couldn't ask for more time and space than the Twickenham pitch offers.
I'm not sure how much resistance to phase play that the Leicester backs will be able to offer with injuries, the forwards who have their own issues will have to work their socks off.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

If we play like we did against Chiefs, Sale and the first half of Worcester we'll lose.

If we play like we did against Falcons, Wasps and the second half against Worcester we'll win.

Saints are at least playing with some consistency.

Not sure Twickenham will suit either team at the minute.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Smudger67S wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:45 pm Even a losing bonus point is beyond Tigers. Am I wrong or am I realistic?
Emotions and history put to one side, can anyone on this forum hope or expect a Tigers win?? Let’s be realistic here folks.
I agree, as I said on another topic, it could be embarrassing plus we don't even seem to have 2 fit centres now that Owen went off injured yesterday
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Be a lot tighter than people think one score either way. Hopefully we’ll have a decent ref maybe Wayne as he can walk from his house.
Defence was a lot better yesterday, line out fell apart once our 4th choice hooker came on and we lost some of the muscle out of the pack.

With regards to the starting 15 same pack dependent on injuries. If BOC is fit I would consider starting with him and Thompson at 8 with Khalamafoni on the bench, to give him a bit of a rest as much as anything.
Backs again dependent on fitness, hopefully Veianu is fit, I don’t know what injury Owen sustained, but Manu was supposedly rested for a week. If neither is fit than Matt Smith will do a job, and if Veianu isn’t ready then maybe bring Holmes in .
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Mark62 wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:43 pm Be a lot tighter than people think one score either way. Hopefully we’ll have a decent ref maybe Wayne as he can walk from his house.
Defence was a lot better yesterday, line out fell apart once our 4th choice hooker came on and we lost some of the muscle out of the pack.

With regards to the starting 15 same pack dependent on injuries. If BOC is fit I would consider starting with him and Thompson at 8 with Khalamafoni on the bench, to give him a bit of a rest as much as anything.
Backs again dependent on fitness, hopefully Veianu is fit, I don’t know what injury Owen sustained, but Manu was supposedly rested for a week. If neither is fit than Matt Smith will do a job, and if Veianu isn’t ready then maybe bring Holmes in .
That 4th choice hooker may just turn out to be the starter on Saturday. due to injuries and international duty
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Chobbsy wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:56 pm
Mark62 wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:43 pm Be a lot tighter than people think one score either way. Hopefully we’ll have a decent ref maybe Wayne as he can walk from his house.

That 4th choice hooker may just turn out to be the starter on Saturday. due to injuries and international duty
Maybe so and the rest of his game wasn’t too bad. Just hope he gets to train with the line out with this week as it looked yesterday like they were all introduced in the changing room.
Tom Youngs didn’t look bad after he came off yesterday and I saw that TPN hadn’t played for the Aussies because of a tight hamstring.
Maybe Cheicha will be nice and let him come back a week early
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

It's derby day and it's at HQ, going to be a grand old day out! I suspect my optimism will need frequent liquid re-enforcement (and i'm not even sure we have 23 fit players on the books) but i'll be cheering regardless. Also everybody remember to bring cash for Rob Horne's bucket.
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

I believe Tigers will be wearing their newly modified shirts on Saturday at Twickenham.
These have the extra width back pouch for the "Dongle" and will incorporate a high decibel alarm clock activated by a lack of movement proximity detector linked to the Satnav sensor within the match balls.
This sensor will of course be controlled by the TMO the real arbitrator of the game. :smt002
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!