Tigers v Warriors

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

jamiewilkinson

Re: Tigers v Warriors

Post by jamiewilkinson »

ellis9 wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:11 pm For those of you who don't rate Ben Youngs and says he offers slow service, you will have seen today what slow service really looks like when Ben White came on.
Your right, it showed how slow youngs is, I thought white was quicker!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

jamiewilkinson wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:48 pm
ellis9 wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:11 pm For those of you who don't rate Ben Youngs and says he offers slow service, you will have seen today what slow service really looks like when Ben White came on.
You should book yourself a trip to Specsavers. If you think White was quicker then we may as well end our conversation. Quite clearly, you were either not watching the match, not watching it properly or have no idea what you're talking about.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:46 pm
LE18 wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:37 pm Did our team selection show enough respect to Warriors, or are we plagued with injuries and suspensions? Our bench selection was so weak today, it didn't look like anyone could be called a "finisher", (but White and Eastmond did provide some spark).
I thought Eastmond should have started, even if he got injured then we would have had Owen to complete the match, as it was the sub got crocked and we couldn't replace him, oh yes we could have, we replaced Manu with Joe Ford, what a farce! no wonder we could not hold onto the draw! Smithy would have made a far better sub, why bench Ford and not Smith? I think we are getting desperate, where are players individual skills, catching etc, tackling, line speed included, the current coaches seem incapable of coaching the obvious basics.
Oh dear oh dear where are we going? :smt017 (How did a prop sub get crocked in half time warm up?) Looks like we will be struggling next week to field 23 fit players.
Smith injured.
Smith was involved in the warm up before the kick off. I've never been a great fan, but I have in the past acknowledged his commitment and his tackling ability, as for Joe Ford, well anyone is better.
jamiewilkinson

Post by jamiewilkinson »

ellis9 wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:52 pm
jamiewilkinson wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:48 pm
You should book yourself a trip to Specsavers. If you think White was quicker then we may as well end our conversation. Quite clearly, you were either not watching the match, not watching it properly or have no idea what you're talking about.
Perhaps all three, perhaps I have a vendetta against youngs (you missed that one out) or maybe I watch without the rose tinted spectacles. We all have our opinions, not everybody agrees.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

LE18 wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:37 pm Did our team selection show enough respect to Warriors, or are we plagued with injuries and suspensions? Our bench selection was so weak today, it didn't look like anyone could be called a "finisher", (but White and Eastmond did provide some spark).
I thought Eastmond should have started, even if he got injured then we would have had Owen to complete the match, as it was the sub got crocked and we couldn't replace him, oh yes we could have, we replaced Manu with Joe Ford, what a farce! no wonder we could not hold onto the draw! Smithy would have made a far better sub, why bench Ford and not Smith? I think we are getting desperate, where are players individual skills, catching etc, tackling, line speed included, the current coaches seem incapable of coaching the obvious basics.
Who'd be covering 10 on your bench?
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:59 pm
I didn't have one, he's just a desperate pick, like I asked do we have such a plague of injuries, our only option is to pick him?
jamiewilkinson

Post by jamiewilkinson »

LE18 wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:12 pm
I didn't have one, he's just a desperate pick, like I asked do we have such a plague of injuries, our only option is to pick him?
Have we given up on Hardwick? the lad needs game time
VernonAtrium

Post by VernonAtrium »

I'm not a fan of shooting the messenger, usually, but I will make an exception, in the case of the OP.
HantsTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by HantsTiger »

Just watched the post match with Johnny May, he’s frank and accurate in what he says! If he gets it, why can’t the rest?

Telling line for me is “the things that don’t require talent are letting us down”
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

jamiewilkinson wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:14 pm

Can't verify but it was mentioned today that he picked up a knock (unknown) against Wasps last week when he....errr... got game time.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
jamiewilkinson

Post by jamiewilkinson »

HantsTiger wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:21 pm Just watched the post match with Johnny May, he’s frank and accurate in what he says! If he gets it, why can’t the rest?

Telling line for me is “the things that don’t require talent are letting us down”
Isn’t he just, looks furious!
His try felt a bit like , I’ll show you how to get through this lot! A bit frustration released I feel
jamiewilkinson

Post by jamiewilkinson »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:24 pm

Can't verify but it was mentioned today that he picked up a knock (unknown) against Wasps last week when he....errr... got game time.
Ah, he was involved in pre match, was messing around somewhat though
VernonAtrium

Post by VernonAtrium »

Telling, indeed. What it tells me is that the rugby is not the priority- marketing is.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

jamiewilkinson wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:26 pm
WhitecapTiger wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:24 pm

Ah, he was involved in pre match, was messing around somewhat though
Saw him out there too, who knows then?! It was just a passing comment on the terrace, may / may not be any semblance of truth to it.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

VernonAtrium wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:30 pm Telling, indeed. What it tells me is that the rugby is not the priority- marketing is.
Yes Marketing??? The CAT/H&B, Nottingham & A&L or what stands? were very empty and the hospitality in the H&B sparse too. I do not know the official audience but the reality was a very low attendance.
So much for Sundays and Club Marketing priority.
There is very clearly a severe problem with Tom Youngs and Referees particularly Pearce if TY is telling him "he is bias & does not like Tom & Tigers" on ref link. So bench Tom if Pearce is officiating.
We missed Telusa as Jordan looked out of place again and when he got the ball did not show his speed.
The catch & mark was ridiculous & lost us ground. Too many dropped balls, no yellows for their neck rolls or high tackles despite the Crumbie shouts.
I worry that Sale are going to copy Worcs's tactics on Sunday with Yarde's breaking through the natural gaps. Ugh!!!! :smt013