Tigers v Warriors

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

parkerd1968
Tiger Cub

Re: Tigers v Warriors

Post by parkerd1968 »

Please enlighten me if I've missed something, but when the last try was given, I looked at the clock, which said there was 1.30 left. When Thompson was being treated, Weir looked like he was waiting for the treatment to finish, yet the clock continued to run down and then of course he kicked and it was all over. I thought they had a minute to take the kick.

Also, I'm guessing they weren't forward passes, but as far as I could tell there were in the build up to 2 of their tries. Close enough to be checked, yet they weren't. I found that mystifying.

Youngs brothers not good enough I'm afraid IMO. I know he's gone through some carp, but on field decision making and all round leadership has seemed to be lacking since he got the role, which has coincided with the downturn in our "success".

All IMO of course.
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

Too depressing to concentrate on the negatives. Though I think Worcester are a far better side than others give them credit. And I’m not convinced Luke Pearce will ever let us win.

But on a positive note I thought:

1. The new boys were good again today: Denton was excellent; the only one that can hold his head high in every game played so far this season. The same for Eastmond - hope he can stay fit.

2. I also think we’d be in a much worse place if we didn’t have Kalamafoni.

3. I don’t know what Murphy has said, but GF is on fire at the moment - his tactical kicking and positional play in particular was excellent. And his try was world class. Even with BY having an off game (did anyone else think BY was limping before the game!?)

Finally, I look forward to the return of TPN and Toomua (though it’s disappointing as a Tiger Fan that Australia we need them.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

YBY was certainly limping when he came off.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

Sure a defence system would be an idea, but no coach expects their players to wave through the opposition and point the way though to the try line, while barely making a show of 'tackling'.

We only seemed to start playing after Tom's apparent misthrow at the lineout costed us a try. Was that a mistaken call? The jumpers were nowhere to be seen. Seemed to spark an angry reaction - why does it take that to even start playing? Sure we then went on a run, but my oh my the brain-f**ts came back for their winning try, again gifting a turnover. So 4 of their 6 were giveaways - unbelievable.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

aslongaswebeatsaints wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:15 pm Too depressing to concentrate on the negatives. Though I think Worcester are a far better side than others give them credit. And I’m not convinced Luke Pearce will ever let us win.

But on a positive note I thought:

1. The new boys were good again today: Denton was excellent; the only one that can hold his head high in every game played so far this season. The same for Eastmond - hope he can stay fit.

2. I also think we’d be in a much worse place if we didn’t have Kalamafoni.

3. I don’t know what Murphy has said, but GF is on fire at the moment - his tactical kicking and positional play in particular was excellent. And his try was world class. Even with BY having an off game (did anyone else think BY was limping before the game!?)

Finally, I look forward to the return of TPN and Toomua (though it’s disappointing as a Tiger Fan that Australia we need them.
Nice thoughts. The way we are playing at the moment your screen name is unfortunate / unwise and will come back to bite us in the Aris in a couple of weeks.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Quite frankly
If we were offered an immediate swop
Teo Simpson Thacker for Tuilagi and both Youngs ---------------would anyone disagree????
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

fortysix wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:52 pm Quite frankly
Teo Simpson Thacker for Tuilagi and both Youngs ---------------would anyone disagree????
Yes. I'd take Manu over T'eo. Te'o is just as injury plagued and as expensive. He's also four years older. Not a good investment.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

fortysix wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:52 pm Quite frankly
Yes I would!
Juan de Jong, Spencer and Singleton!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

At least people were entertained though right?

Isn't that what people have been asking for?

*Was a tongue in cheek comment/question and I am expecting responses to say that we didn't perform well enough today etc etc etc.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

For those of you who don't rate Ben Youngs and says he offers slow service, you will have seen today what slow service really looks like when Ben White came on.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Youngs and Tuilagi out of English training squad Olowefela in
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

ellis9 wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:11 pm For those of you who don't rate Ben Youngs and says he offers slow service, you will have seen today what slow service really looks like when Ben White came on.
I'd have said White's service was faster than BY's today, that said I agree White isn't renowned for the speed of his service
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Did our team selection show enough respect to Warriors, or are we plagued with injuries and suspensions? Our bench selection was so weak today, it didn't look like anyone could be called a "finisher", (but White and Eastmond did provide some spark).
I thought Eastmond should have started, even if he got injured then we would have had Owen to complete the match, as it was the sub got crocked and we couldn't replace him, oh yes we could have, we replaced Manu with Joe Ford, what a farce! no wonder we could not hold onto the draw! Smithy would have made a far better sub, why bench Ford and not Smith? I think we are getting desperate, where are players individual skills, catching etc, tackling, line speed included, the current coaches seem incapable of coaching the obvious basics.
Oh dear oh dear where are we going? :smt017 (How did a prop sub get crocked in half time warm up?) Looks like we will be struggling next week to field 23 fit players.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

kpj tiger wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:24 pm
ellis9 wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:11 pm For those of you who don't rate Ben Youngs and says he offers slow service, you will have seen today what slow service really looks like when Ben White came on.
I'd have said White's service was faster than BY's today, that said I agree White isn't renowned for the speed of his service
Good God! Really? He slowed it right down!

People really do have tinted glasses on regarding Youngs.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

LE18 wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:37 pm Did our team selection show enough respect to Warriors, or are we plagued with injuries and suspensions? Our bench selection was so weak today, it didn't look like anyone could be called a "finisher", (but White and Eastmond did provide some spark).
I thought Eastmond should have started, even if he got injured then we would have had Owen to complete the match, as it was the sub got crocked and we couldn't replace him, oh yes we could have, we replaced Manu with Joe Ford, what a farce! no wonder we could not hold onto the draw! Smithy would have made a far better sub, why bench Ford and not Smith? I think we are getting desperate, where are players individual skills, catching etc, tackling, line speed included, the current coaches seem incapable of coaching the obvious basics.
Oh dear oh dear where are we going? :smt017 (How did a prop sub get crocked in half time warm up?) Looks like we will be struggling next week to field 23 fit players.
Smith injured.