Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

No Dan Cole in the England training squad

Post by Chobbsy »

England training squad

Forwards: Tom Curry (Sale Sharks), Jamie George (Saracens), Dylan Hartley (Northampton Saints), Nathan Hughes (Wasps), Nick Isiekwe (Saracens), Maro Itoje (Saracens), George Kruis (Saracens), Joe Launchbury (Wasps), Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints), Joe Marler (Harlequins), Zach Mercer (Bath Rugby), Michael Rhodes (Saracens), Chris Robshaw (Harlequins), Nick Schonert (Worcester Warriors), Brad Shields (Wasps), Kyle Sinckler (Harlequins), Billy Vunipola (Saracens), Mako Vunipola (Saracens), Harry Williams (Exeter Chiefs), Mark Wilson (Newcastle Falcons).

Backs: Chris Ashton (Sale Sharks), Mike Brown (Harlequins), Danny Care (Harlequins), Joe Cokanasiga (Bath Rugby), Elliot Daly (Wasps), Nathan Earle (Harlequins), Owen Farrell (Saracens), George Ford (Leicester Tigers), Alex Lozowski (Saracens), Jonny May (Leicester Tigers), Jack Nowell (Exeter Chiefs), Dan Robson (Wasps), Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs), Ben Te'o (Worcester Warriors), Manu Tuilagi (Leicester Tigers), Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers).
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
rdracup
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: No Dan Cole in the England training squad

Post by rdracup »

And all the headlines are written around Cipriani and Manu. Will COLE announce international retirement or fight for his place. I hope the latter.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

rdracup wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:17 am And all the headlines are written around Cipriani and Manu. Will COLE announce international retirement or fight for his place. I hope the latter.
Yes strange as the article said the squad will be meeting up with new defence coach John Mitchell so you would think Eddie would want all his fit team for the Autumns internationals there, so does not look good for Danny boy

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/45586345
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

Bit odd given that the other England TH are so bad Eddie has to play Dan for 80 minutes every match....
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

daktari wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:58 am Bit odd given that the other England TH are so bad Eddie has to play Dan for 80 minutes every match....
Quite. Sinckler? Ho ho ho.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Maybe that's why. He knows what Cole can do. The ohers are the ones that need eperiencecat the top level especially Williams. He can always bring Cole back for 6 nations or WC.
Meanwhile Tigers keep clear which is just as well bearing in mind our other props!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

mightymouse wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:14 pm Maybe that's why. He knows what Cole can do. The ohers are the ones that need eperiencecat the top level especially Williams. He can always bring Cole back for 6 nations or WC.
Meanwhile Tigers keep clear which is just as well bearing in mind our other props!
I think Mighty Mouse has hit the nail on the head although it’s a little surprising given it’s their first session with Mitchell.
At the end of the day he is England’ Most capped tight head, Leonard played both sides, so I hope that Jones has dealt with the situation correctly, and if it is the end of his international career he could be given a fitting send off against the Japanese for instance.
It may of course be Dan’s decision and that after his first summer off and with a young family, he has decided that club rugby is enough moving forward
Flash

Post by Flash »

I can't believe this doesn't seem to be mentioned in any reports of the squad, that's the big news not the third choice fly half not making it.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Dan Cole - honest professional rugby player.
Dan Cipriani - professional off field wally

Who makes more interest in media??
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

It’s a training squad , not the squad for the AIs.
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

[quote=Grimlish post_id=697396 time=1537448056 user_id=4920]
It’s a training squad , not the squad for the AIs.
[/quote]

That's true! However, an important one with Mitchell introducing his defence plans etc.
I think that EJ has been trying to find a Dan Cole replacement for a while now, and it will be interesting to see where this leaves him.Williams seems to be favoured. I 've forgotten which side he props, but interesting to see Schonert in the group too.

I just hope that no-one comes back from the camp broken - especially Manu.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

I know it's only the training squad butbased on the players picked I'm hoping we get to see a backline in the Autumn Internationals of:

Youngs
Ford
Slade
Tuilagi
May
Ashton
Daly
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

MurphysLaw wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:20 pm
Grimlish wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:54 pm It’s a training squad , not the squad for the AIs.
That's true! However, an important one with Mitchell introducing his defence plans etc.
I think that EJ has been trying to find a Dan Cole replacement for a while now, and it will be interesting to see where this leaves him.Williams seems to be favoured. I 've forgotten which side he props, but interesting to see Schonert in the group too.

I thought he’d have taken Ruskin, before he plays for Georgia to make the world up.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Stephen18 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:34 pm
Grimlish wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:54 pm It’s a training squad , not the squad for the AIs.

I thought he’d have taken Ruskin, before he plays for Georgia to make the world up.
Which would be a shame. Sadly Ruskin could probably make more £££ with one England cap than playing for Georgia. He’s easily 5th (tops) in the LH pecking order and IF the RFU were to make a policy of blocking players pathways to other, particularly Tier 2, nations then it would be a sad day. This of course is just after one of the form English forwards he been capped for the Azzuri.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Stephen18 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:34 pm

Ruskin is a loose head isn't he, ten a penny.
I haven't seen a tight head with the potential to lock out under pressure like Cole.
They are all pretty good when the momentum is immediately with them.
Williams and Schonert aren't bad choices.
I suppose nothing lasts forever and given how young they try and bring them through they'll not all go on as long as in the past.
Cole is always there to come in but other club supporters seem to think that defence has been a problem more recently.
Last edited by BFG on Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.