Tigers v Falcons

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Falcons

Post by kpj tiger »

Eastmond limped off but I think it was precautionary as he had been playing on, BOC limped off too although he seemed to be in more pain
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Defensively poor; Ford and Spencer very good; good half from Guy Thompson. Sione Kalamafoni confirmed to me that BO'C was hamstring but didn't know how serious.

Never in doubt!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Both injuries sound like could be doubtful for next week.

Thompson in for O’Connor will certainly lessen that blow and from the clubs instagram feed looks like Gareth Owen is back training
Redstripeman

Post by Redstripeman »

....I find Steve Johnson to be very informative, says what he thinks and would love him to be part of the dressing room in some capacity. He says what needs to be said and if more people were as honest, we would have addressed a lot of our current issues a long time ago.
Good performance today in the first 20 minutes. Defence was non existent and the constant miss-tackles has been an issue for sometime and surprisingly has not been sorted. Surely it is not solely down to a defence strategy and players need to take on responsibility in tackling or holding up their man, they cannot just sit back and make it someone else's problem.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

I heard O’Connor is out from between 10 days to 6 weeks. Eastmond hoping his removal was precautionary.

Hoping for the same team as this week against Wasps with Thompson in for O’Connor. Wasps seemed to have some injuries themselves today so all to play for.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Redstripeman wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:36 pm ....I find Steve Johnson to be very informative, says what he thinks and would love him to be part of the dressing room in some capacity. He says what needs to be said and if more people were as honest, we would have addressed a lot of our current issues a long time ago.
Good performance today in the first 20 minutes. Defence was non existent and the constant miss-tackles has been an issue for sometime and surprisingly has not been sorted. Surely it is not solely down to a defence strategy and players need to take on responsibility in tackling or holding up their man, they cannot just sit back and make it someone else's problem.
Steve Johnson typical of that generation of players and ex copper. In my day this and my day that. He has no idea about the modern game and I would imagine the majority of the current squad have no idea who he is.
If he was any good as a summariser he wouldn’t be working on a local BBC station
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:39 pm I heard O’Connor is out from between 10 days to 6 weeks. Eastmond hoping his removal was precautionary.

Hoping for the same team as this week against Wasps with Thompson in for O’Connor. Wasps seemed to have some injuries themselves today so all to play for.
That’s a pretty all encompassing time frame for O’Connor
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Just hoped today was going to be better. Haven't seen anything due to looking after a few family injury issues of my own but followed via the mobile. It seemed attack was better but defence and fitness still rankle.

The wife suggested I have a look on the "Dolly Parton" forum to see what happened today.

As I'm loaded up with painkillers the celebratory Remy will have to wait. Perhaps to ease the nerves before we play the noisy neighbors.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
moorsman1
Tiger Cub

Post by moorsman1 »

I don't mind the second half - just sooo happy to see Tigers go out and play. Best game we've seen from Ford since he arrived from Bath. good to see Benny going off looking knackered rather than petulant - showed what a good shift he'd put in, Denton impressed with his industry and go forward. Guy Thompson looks a serious contender if he can stay fit - reminded me of a youngish John Wells in stature and attitude. Cole was immense, Hardwick looked good - only one game but this could lead to something
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

I think the 'lap of honour' at the end was very much the team honouring the fans. It was a nice touch.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

I'll have to watch the recording tomorrow but my impression was that players were not out of position in defence they simply missed straight-forward tackles. I'm not sure that would be the responsibility of the defence coach it should be a basic skill any professional rugby play should have.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

The defence was a shambles some said worse than last week? When you have 73pts in the A col after 2 games it should be the focus from now on.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

It was a great entertaining day today, very enjoyable but a mixed game. Our attack was great, no early silly box kicks, all kicks were long and chased down. First 20/25 mins were great, but then we started to kick it away and they started to come back at us.
Is there anything in the Laws that a player/team can do to stop a rolling maul/5yd line out, because Tigers cannot stop it?

Denton, Spencer, Kalamafoni, Ford all stood out for me, but all players had their moments, Hardwick fitted in well and Olewefola got 7 mins, but I have to close my eyes to some of the defending, better teams could have beaten us.

Having said that Falcons did not give up, they came back at us and old boys Flood, Mcguigan, Goneva were very good and who is this new fit slim long haired prop they have got. When was Muli ever that fit for us, he lasted 65 mins?

Really enjoyed it, I just hope they can improve the tackling and please stop Ben reverting to his old box kicking, no more of that please.
Could be a very enjoyable season! :smt038
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

LE18 wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:25 pm It was a great entertaining day today, very enjoyable but a mixed game. Our attack was great, no early silly box kicks, all kicks were long and chased down. First 20/25 mins were great, but then we started to kick it away and they started to come back at us.
Is there anything in the Laws that a player/team can do to stop a rolling maul/5yd line out, because Tigers cannot stop it?

Denton, Spencer, Kalamafoni, Ford all stood out for me, but all players had their moments, Hardwick fitted in well and Olewefola got 7 mins, but I have to close my eyes to some of the defending, better teams could have beaten us.

Having said that Falcons did not give up, they came back at us and old boys Flood, Mcguigan, Goneva were very good and who is this new fit slim long haired prop they have got. When was Muli ever that fit for us, he lasted 65 mins?

Really enjoyed it, I just hope they can improve the tackling and please stop Ben reverting to his old box kicking, no more of that please.
Could be a very enjoyable season! :smt038
Agree 100%, especially BY giving ball away. Got tutted at by some fans for yelling 'stop kicking possession away'
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

I thought Ben was excellent in keeping the tempo high in our attack. Far more fizz from our 9-13 today. Like a completely different set of players. Unshackled. Must keep it up.