Re: Supporters forum tonight

Post by Jon »

+1. Thanks Ellis for the commentary.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

No worries! It's all done and dusted for the night.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

So the blame is on Ben Kay and Rory Underwood as I read it. Maybe they should stick to their day jobs, Ben in particular?

PS: Thanks ro Ellis for this (had to unblock you to read them though).
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

G.K wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:29 pm So the blame is on Ben Kay and Rory Underwood as I read it. Maybe they should stick to their day jobs, Ben in particular?

PS: Thanks ro Ellis for this (had to unblock you to read them though).
Oh so you're happy to read what I've said tonight? Are you going to block me again now?! :smt002
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Thanks for the reporting as I wasn’t there.
Does SC watch us or take notice of the results:

A: When he was here first, Matt did fantastically well. The most recent stint saw him do a lot of good things here - there were disappointing performances, yes, but some fantastic ones too last season.

Like losing to Bath at home in the first game, then performing woefully at Saints, not to mention the awful home form last season.
Yes, luckily, my wife and I follow Tigers away, which meant we saw some very good victories, but the home form, the heavy losses by the first team and A team in many game were dire.
Well done Dusty for handing the microphone back on one occasion, politely refusing to answer and get SC and GG off the hook!
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

Now even more certain the board aren't the people suitable to lead the club going forward.

Not acknowledging issues with the way the club is run.
Not entertaining the idea of bringing in extra coaches, despite the fact that the board apparently identified an extra coach, so we'd be 2 short of what.
Happy for Geordan to effectively be managing the senior squad, whilst leading whole squad training, backs training, attacking training, half back training and probably skills training which was his original remit. How can he effectively do that many jobs, he isn't superman!
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

ellis9 wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:16 pm Geordan Murphy, what are three things you wish to address this weekend after last Saturday's game in Exeter?

A: I spoke to the players this morning, which was difficult, and we have a short week ahead of the game.

1. Holding on to the ball will be key.
2. We need to address our attacking principles and how we want to play.
3. When we were 20+ points down, we threw in the towel and that was heartbreaking. I want to see Tigers fighting until the last minute.
He's certainly saying the right things, lets see how things go this Saturday!
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Thanks for the running dialogue.

I posted on another thread that the board needed to have a close look at their own performance, or get someone else to do it.

Unfortunately, their self awareness is such that they see no problem in the way in which they perform. However well Smurf does with the players, the club will not regain its former stature until the board has a grand awakening.
Valhalla I am coming!
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

Many thanks ellis9.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
Andy W

Post by Andy W »

"For the past few seasons we have been lacking in passion and heart" (GM)

I don't disagree, but...Jimminy Crickets what a statement!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Andy W wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:15 pm "For the past few seasons we have been lacking in passion and heart" (GM)

I don't disagree, but...Jimminy Crickets what a statement!
Yes - that struck me too. I'm surprised it didn't lead to a question on the captaincy.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Sherpa2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Sherpa2 »

strawclearer wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:23 pm "For the past few seasons we have been lacking in passion and heart" (GM)

Yes - that struck me too. I'm surprised it didn't lead to a question on the captaincy.
[/quote]

Less you forget, that would be the Captain whose wife has been battling for her life during pretty much his entire Captaincy your throwing stones at; personally I never saw his commitment to the club he has served excellently ever waiver, despite the turmoil, fear, and at times I am sure, despair, he was dealing with off the pitch.

I am sure he would not ask to be cut any slack but I am equally sure he deserves to be!

:smt038 to Ellis9 for the excellent commentary, thank you.
I used to be indecisive now I just can't make up my mind
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Sherpa2 wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:37 am
strawclearer wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:23 pm "For the past few seasons we have been lacking in passion and heart" (GM)

Less you forget, that would be the Captain whose wife has been battling for her life during pretty much his entire Captaincy your throwing stones at; personally I never saw his commitment to the club he has served excellently ever waiver, despite the turmoil, fear, and at times I am sure, despair, he was dealing with off the pitch.

I am sure he would not ask to be cut any slack but I am equally sure he deserves to be!

:smt038 to Ellis9 for the excellent commentary, thank you.
[/quote]

Well - I guess that's about the most offensive message I've ever received on here. I'm perfectly well aware of OTY's personal problems and have personally messaged both him and Tiff on a number of occasions expressing my support. I know that Tom wants the trials and tribulations to not effect the rugby side of his life and he would be mortified for that sort of 'sympathy' to be directed his way. I have never doubted Tom's commitment to the Club and have never 'thrown stones' at him. I have no qualms in asking whether anyone at the Forum asked about the captaincy.

If you wish to apologise publicly to me - fine. Otherwise, I'll simply start my 'ignore list' with your name.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
AusTiger
Tiger Cub

Post by AusTiger »

Thanks for the updates Ellis9. :smt023
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Cheers for the commentary Ellis, well appreciated.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni