The next New Head Coach / DOR?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Who would you like to see as the next Head Coach / DOR of Leicester Tigers?

Poll ended at Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:53 am

Ben Ryan
10%
Vern Cotter
13%
Stuart Lancaster
8%
Geordan Murphy
28%
Ronan O Gara
5%
Andy Farrell
1%
Graham Rowntree
3%
Milton Haig
3%
John Mitchell
5%
Daryl Gibson
8%
Wayne Smith
4%
Robbie Deans
6%
Jim Mallender
1%
Mike Ford
4%

Total votes: 118

Tigerbeat

Re: Who would you like to see as the new DOR / Head Coach?

Post by Tigerbeat »

You only get one chance to vote but should be able to select up to three choices by ticking them. Did you do that? It worked okay for me.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Re: The next New Head Coach / DOR?

Post by ellis9 »

TTRITH wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:41 am
ellis9 wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:36 am
No there isn't. Yes he could be given an academy job but we couldn't have him in his current role as well as having a DOR.

You have contradicted yourself.
I don't see how? I've said I don't want him sacked (leaving the club), but for him to be moved aside, into a different role.

I agree wholeheartedly that whilst he is in his current guise, a DoR is ultimately pointless.
You contradicted yourself as I said there's no place for a DOR and Glynn (having previously mentioned him in his current role) and you didn't clarify you'd give him a different job role, just that he could focus on the academy. As soon as you made it clear that you'd give him a different job title, it made sense.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Tigerbeat wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:46 am You only get one chance to vote but should be able to select up to three choices by ticking them. Did you do that? It worked okay for me.
Ticking them? What?
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

ourla wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:45 am Interesting that Murphy didn't take the Cardiff DoR job.

Did he see this coming?
Interesting that Toomua 'U-Turned' (sort of) on his comments about loving being here. I get he had stated/assumed reasons for heading home.

Did he see this coming? Or was he blind to it and made his choice without knowing this was coming?
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:47 am
ourla wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:45 am Interesting that Murphy didn't take the Cardiff DoR job.

Did he see this coming?
Interesting that Toomua 'U-Turned' (sort of) on his comments about loving being here. I get he had stated/assumed reasons for heading home.

Did he see this coming? Or was he blind to it and made his choice without knowing this was coming?
Nah he moved for the Rugby World cup, that is pretty obvious.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

ellis9 wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:47 am
Tigerbeat wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:46 am You only get one chance to vote but should be able to select up to three choices by ticking them. Did you do that? It worked okay for me.
Ticking them? What?
Worked fine for me, click on the boxes on up to three names (from the list provided) that you would want/consider then when happy click 'submit vote'.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

RagingBull wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:49 am
WhitecapTiger wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:47 am

Did he see this coming?

Nah he moved for the Rugby World cup, that is pretty obvious.
:smt005 just mixing it up a bit.... :smt002
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I would be seriously worried about losing Genge to Bristol though.
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

RagingBull wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:55 am I would be seriously worried about losing Genge to Bristol though.
Yep. That worries me big time.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
champanzie
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by champanzie »

The 'Tigers way' style of coach is not working for us and has'nt for several years. We need to move with the times. We need fresh blood from outside and feel we need an entire new coaching set up. The coach's we have are all stale and set in their ways.

Forwards apart from Denton and Spencer had not improved from last year - New forwards coach needed
Backs still look clueless and no direction - New backs coach needed
The whole team had no attacking threat. Nobody running into gaps, no moves completed, no tries scored - New attack coach needed
Fitness for the whole team was way off - Strength and conditioning coach needed
Defence was terrible, seen a stat that we missed nearly 50 tackles on Saturday. Deacon not up to the job - New defence coach needed.

I don't know if anybody has watched 'All or nothing' about Man City. If not give it a watch, That is how a club and business should be run! This is similar way Sarries set up is run. Tigers now have to base their coaching model on a team like Saracens.

We are not going to improve unless major changes happen and Murphy is not the answer!
Come on you tigers!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:53 am
Ticking them? What?
Worked fine for me, click on the boxes on up to three names (from the list provided) that you would want/consider then when happy click 'submit vote'.
I voted for one. How do I now tick 2 others?
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

champanzie wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:58 am
Forwards apart from Denton and Spencer had not improved from last year - New forwards coach needed
Are you suggesting that Bakewell is not upto scratch?
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

champanzie wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:58 am The 'Tigers way' style of coach is not working for us and has'nt for several years. We need to move with the times. We need fresh blood from outside and feel we need an entire new coaching set up. The coach's we have are all stale and set in their ways.

Backs still look clueless and no direction - New backs coach needed
The whole team had no attacking threat. Nobody running into gaps, no moves completed, no tries scored - New attack coach needed
Fitness for the whole team was way off - Strength and conditioning coach needed
Defence was terrible, seen a stat that we missed nearly 50 tackles on Saturday. Deacon not up to the job - New defence coach needed.

I don't know if anybody has watched 'All or nothing' about Man City. If not give it a watch, That is how a club and business should be run! This is similar way Sarries set up is run. Tigers now have to base their coaching model on a team like Saracens.

We are not going to improve unless major changes happen and Murphy is not the answer!
Run the club like Saracens and Man City?

Please tell me you're joking?!
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

The vibes for Bakewell seem to have been good to me.

That said he has been responsible for rebuilding the line out over the summer and that certainly didn't come together in that first game.

Let's be honest... who knows what is going on behind the scenes. The players will clearly give nothing away.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

ellis9 wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:05 am
WhitecapTiger wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:53 am

Ticking them? What?
I voted for one. How do I now tick 2 others?
Not sure you can once you've submitted the vote