MOC GONE

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Re: MOC GONE

Post by Soggypitch »

Rowntree is no DoR. Why would Lancaster leave Leinster?! Ford is a possibility, it will be interesting to see the possibilities. I'm just not up to speed on available coaches.
Soggypitch
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

Isn't Ford coaching in the US?
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

Why Deano, he is the past and wouldn't return in a million years, we have got to look outside the Tigers old guard, they are gone and have moved on.
Not convinced about Murphy being given temporary charge of the team as he hasn't improved out attacking play or handling skills, it time to get rid of all the old guard employed by the board as it hasn't work out and bring in a whole new team of coaches, all this nonsense about the Tigers way etc is over, things have moved on from that era as it has from the other dominant sides who had their day eg Bath and Wasps.
Looking forward to a whole new team of coaches taking the club forward in their own way.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Coops wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:47 pm Isn't Ford coaching in the US?
No I read today he's just taken a temporary appointment to coach Germany! Most on here don't like him but he's a nice and honest bloke and we could do worse than give him a temporary contract based on performance.
Soggypitch
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

LE18 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:29 pm
cheltexile wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:22 pm So it begins. Replacement? Place your bets now.
Ford, Lancaster, Rowntree?

Deano won't come back, he chucked his toys out.
He would 100% come back (although can't see him leaving Falcons mid contract) but Chairman Tom would have to go.

I think he would quite like to come back if only to put two fingers at certain members of the board both past and present.
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

And hasn't Lancaster just signed a new contract to stay put in Ireland? (Not that contracts are worth ought...)
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

sapajo wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:33 pm MOC has gone that is brilliant news and long overdue and the board has shown its current membership is not currently fit for purpose. Murphy is not a shock but frankly he is to inexperienced to take over permanently and as our so called skills coach I am underwhelmed with the lack of skill on the pitch. I fear he will be given the job just because he is an ex tiger and cheap and we need that like a bullet in the head. We must now sign a truly world class coach and finally put an end to this disgraceful merry go round of ineptitude.
The statement says he's doing the role on an interim basis. In fairness to Murphy, when he's been in charge during the Anglo-Welsh games the team have played a great deal better (on the whole) than the First 15 did in the league games.

In terms of his experience, I don't think that's an issue. Deano, Cockers and Pat Howard had no head coaching experience (that I know of) before being very successful with us.

In truth, news this decision is one game and 2-3 months too late and has put us on the back foot with few class options available to us.
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

As for the temporary role - who else could there have been apart from Geordie?
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Grimlish wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:53 pm As for the temporary role - who else could there have been apart from Geordie?
Bakewell. But I think GM is the right choice for now. At least he really understands the cub.
Soggypitch
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

strawclearer wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:35 pm Excellent!

I note the Club Statement is from Tom - not Cohen or Glynn.
I thought that was interesting...
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:53 pm
sapajo wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:33 pm MOC has gone that is brilliant news and long overdue and the board has shown its current membership is not currently fit for purpose. Murphy is not a shock but frankly he is to inexperienced to take over permanently and as our so called skills coach I am underwhelmed with the lack of skill on the pitch. I fear he will be given the job just because he is an ex tiger and cheap and we need that like a bullet in the head. We must now sign a truly world class coach and finally put an end to this disgraceful merry go round of ineptitude.
The statement says he's doing the role on an interim basis. In fairness to Murphy, when he's been in charge during the Anglo-Welsh games the team have played a great deal better (on the whole) than the First 15 did in the league games.

In terms of his experience, I don't think that's an issue. Deano, Cockers and Pat Howard had no head coaching experience (that I know of) before being very successful with us.

In truth, news this decision is one game and 2-3 months too late and has put us on the back foot with few class options available to us.
Like I said earlier, that was the AWC, what was the opposition strengths etc, this is the Prem, a very different standard and folks on here have doubted GM ability to take on top job. We need to stop this ex Tigers, got to go with a hard nosed outsider, someone remote from the players who can get to know them, keeping a respectable distance/relation between boss and employee and make tough decisions!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

LE18 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:37 pm
strawclearer wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:35 pm Excellent!

I note the Club Statement is from Tom - not Cohen or Glynn.
Was that your birthday prezzie?
Indeed!

Mind you - as 'happy returns' go, it wasn't for MO'C!

Hate to see anyone lose their job in 'unfortunate circumstances' and I wish him well - but he was clearly well out of his depth.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

Won't be popular or even realistic but Brendan Venter is the kind of character we need right now imho.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Perhaps the club will look to get Rowntree as an assistant senior coach, can't see him replacing Stanko or Bakewell.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

At last! Don't really understand why it took them so long to do it as the writing's been on the wall for a while now.

So who will be up to the job? Geordan Murphy will surely be no more than a temporary measure, and Deano most definitely won't be throwing his hat into the ring. Two names that have been banded about, Mike Ford and Stuart Lancaster would fit the bill if either can be persuaded to come. Jim Mallinder could be a possibility but he is currently England Rugby's "pathway performance coach" (whatever that may be!). And Jake White? Isn't he in Japan?
Semper in excretia