No top 4 for Tigers?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Mark62
Super User
Super User

Re: No top 4 for Tigers?

Post by Mark62 »

As others have said Exeter and Saracens very likely to be in the top 4 the other places up for grabs.

The one thing I would say is that man for man our best match day 23 is comparable with any squad in the league and if things click we can beat anyone. Very injury dependent I know.but can anyone quote a better match day 23 than this.

Genge, TPN, Cole, Spencer, Wells, Denton, O’Connor, Khalamafoni, Youngs, Ford, May, Toomua, Tuilagi, Thompson, Veianu.

Youngs, Bateman, Cortes, Kitchener, Thompson, Harrison, Eastmond, Holmes.

Looks great on paper, shame it’s played on grass 😂
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Mark62 wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:42 pmshame it’s played on grass 😂
Or not in some cases :smt002

Not quite sure what the Top 4 order will be but I'm (optimistically) confident that last year's failure will be a rather large kick up the Aris' to our players and Tigers will be back in the playoffs.

Lots of variables though....
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

That's a superb 23! And with Baxter,McCall,Dai, Ackerman would be guaranteed top 2 but sadly we don't have them!
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:40 pm That's a superb 23! And with Baxter,McCall,Dai, Ackerman would be guaranteed top 2 but sadly we don't have them!
I was thinking the same sadly. The squad is good enough to be in the top 2 of the premiership. Any top coaching set up would ensure we got there. Yet to be seen whether we have one, last season would indicate otherwise.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

sapajo wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:54 am Not us according to Andy Goode

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/saints-w ... andy-goode

Its the Stains for him!

Total tosh!!
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

ellis9 wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:28 pm I am confident Tigers will finish higher than both Saints and Gloucester. I am willing to make a donation to the Matt Hampson Foundation if this doesnt happen.
Now are you only donating if Tigers doesn’t finish higher than both teams or just one?
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

JP14 wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:13 pm
ellis9 wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:28 pm I am confident Tigers will finish higher than both Saints and Gloucester. I am willing to make a donation to the Matt Hampson Foundation if this doesnt happen.
Now are you only donating if Tigers doesn’t finish higher than both teams or just one?
Either! Just one if you like?
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Predictions do not have that much meaning for me. Predicting Sarries and Chiefs in the top 4 (or even 2) is more stating the obvious than making a prediction. Beyond that anything could happen. I looked at some predictions from last season and one of them had Falcons in trouble by the end of the season if not actually relegated....who would have thought? Not me so I am clearly no good at predicting.
Apart from the obvious ( top 2/4 ) I think there will be quite a few surprise results meaning the rest of the pack will change places frequently over the course of the season. I do think Tigers have as much chance as any of being in the top 4 and part of me feels the changing places makes it more exciting.
What I do know is I have put a tenner on Tigers to win the Premiership and if they do the money will pay for tickets to the final for me and she who must be obeyed. There... I've said it/predicted it. Confident ..... if wrong!!
As Good As It Gets
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

ellis9 wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:18 pm
Cheques should be made payable to The Matt Hampson Foundation
Please send to: The Matt Hampson Foundation, Office 14, Burrough Court, Burrough-on-the-Hill, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire LE14 2QS
nasher

Post by nasher »

Top 4? With a performance like that against the chiefs and a coach who has had 2 years, a great deal of quality recruitment to admit the team were under prepared we will be lucky to be in the top six. Baxter knew we were under prepared before the kick off. Has he got a mole or ,shrewd operator that he is, recognised that MOC is not up to coaching a northern hemisphere team? After Saturday every other coach in Europe will have noticed as well. Unless there are changes it will be a long difficult season for us remaining fans and remember wasps are only at the end of the :smt022 M69.
:smt022
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

nasher wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:46 pmHas he got a mole or ,shrewd operator that he is, recognised that MOC is not up to coaching a northern hemisphere team?
He doesn't need a mole or need to be a 'shrewd operator' (though he is, along with a damn fine coach and man-manager by the looks of things). All he needed to do was have someone compare the team put out for Saturday (on Friday lunchtime) with those who played in our pre-season matches....put 2+2 together and realise that quite a few had very little, or no, time in pre-season and it was likely that they would struggle fitness wise.

Schoolboy errors from our Head Coach.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

4071 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:14 pm
ellis9 wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:18 pm

Cheques should be made payable to The Matt Hampson Foundation
Please send to: The Matt Hampson Foundation, Office 14, Burrough Court, Burrough-on-the-Hill, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire LE14 2QS
Remind me of this in May. There's 21 games to go to finish above them and we no longer have MOC in charge so it's even more of a realistic achievement.