Tigers in turmoil article

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers in turmoil article

Post by Rugbyflanker »

I did mention in my OP that there's most likely a genuine reason why MoC was back late (if he was!) and it's just been blown out of proportion.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

strawclearer wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:36 am Foy has more credibility than the abject rag he writes for so it's perhaps dangerous to see this simply as 'silly season page-filling'. Cohen is in the usual dilemma of 'damned if he does (deny it); damned if he doesn't'. My guess is that he'll say nothing unless and until credible others support Foy's article.
Yep, I’m afraid the “it’s the Daily Mail so it must be sensationalist claptrap” argument doesn’t fit here. Chris Foy, despite being their employee, is normally pretty on the money and is a good rugby journalist (as is Kitson at the paper I wouldn’t touch with a 20ft barge-pole).
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

mariochanvelli wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:06 am http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... s-job.html

"The core group of senior players who were heavily involved in the removal of Cockerill back in January, 2017 are not thought to be agitating for change at this stage. But some have concerns over what is seen as a hard-line, dictatorial approach."

Any thoughts?
Well the Open Supporters Forum on Tuesday 4th September should be exciting then.
I suggest those wishing to know " what is going on? " should apply asap & attend these are normally well attended & informative meetings.
https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/fa ... in-2018-19
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

A core of players allegedly instrumental in the removal of Cockers presumably in favour of Mauger who was himself subsequently removed to make way for their chosen one MoC don't have a credible track record of selecting head coaches do they. Why would anyone listen to them.
I'm not cynical just experienced
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

What baffles me are the constant references to so called senior players.
I mean they haven't won anything worth bragging about for quite a while now, who are these so called senior players and what foundations for carrying such clout do they possess!
Gone are the days of the hard nuts and self driven types who needed little motivation for a dust up week in and week out, what we are left with are a bunch of consistently plucky losers and repetitive fitness woes who at the first sign of hard times start pointing fingers in other directions.
If a dictorial approach is applied then to be quite honest it's no surprise to me, I would've exiled most of them long before now.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

BFG wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:08 pm What baffles me are the constant references to so called senior players.
I mean they haven't won anything worth bragging about for quite a while now, who are these so called senior players and what foundations for carrying such clout do they possess!
Gone are the days of the hard nuts and self driven types who needed little motivation for a dust up week in and week out, what we are left with are a bunch of consistently plucky losers and repetitive fitness woes who at the first sign of hard times start pointing fingers in other directions.
If a dictorial approach is applied then to be quite honest it's no surprise to me, I would've exiled most of them long before now.
Agree 100%. I have posted before that the removal of RC had something to do with players flexing muscles against being made to harden up, as they were increasingly softy academy types, hence the pretty-boy AM playbook - and we all know how good that was.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

MoC to be released.
Mike Ford new head coach.
George Ford gets his wishes.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Don't Big Dan please!!!! But I said the same a while back,cut me open and I bleed red,white and green but if that happened it would seriously test my resolve!
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

What we all want for Tigers is a settled period with coaches in place and players giving their all for the shirt. I will support my team, as I have done home and away for 50 years. The BODs however, need to give the fans a clear message about the direction of the club both as a business and in terms of realistically pushing for trophies. The first priority ( and I too thought replacing Cockers with O’ Connor, was like for like) is to back the Head Coach .Other boards ( including our own Leicester City) give the Head Coach the staff they see fit to do the job. Last season was farcical with us having no forwards’ coach for huge chunks of the season and Tigers ‘ teams ( Academy excluded) seemed to lose games too easily. At least last week vCardiff, the team showed guts in forcing a win. All I ask is that the whole club unites and every team the club puts out is competitive in all competitions.
The rumours are out there so get a clubperson to refute them then go and beat Exeter. Simple!
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

Always been on the fence since MoC returned - mainly because I don't think any coach should return to a club they have left. But this does sound like a management figure is just annoyed that their coach choice wasn't accepted by MoC. And to be fair, why is a sacked Widnes coach better than the coach that MoC suggested?

I can understand the senior players thing - if you don't have the squad on board then the coach is the wrong choice.

I'm still on the fence about MoC but this season needs to be a top two spot in the league and at least a European QF. He's had a full season to get the squad playing his way now.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

If O’Connor does go now, which would be stupid but if they have Murphy acting as head coach, then work done in preseason won’t be really affected. Then bring in like a consultant like London Irish did till the end of the season or an attacking coach, who’s in charge of attack at St. Helens? Bring that bloke in.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Whoa hang on. You are causing me confusion of loyalties there. St Helens is my home town so I am not sure we should take from Saints!!! A 50:50 share at most :smt052
As Good As It Gets
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:27 am Ok from top to top 😂 I did say a long time ago that MoC would end it tears and I've got that horrible feeling back. Let's hope in wrong but I just believe that Mike Ford is gonna snake his way in and he would be even worse than Matt! Why didn't we just scour the world like Cohen said? Think small you get small though so if/when it does go belly up its our own fault!
(Just thought i'll post this in here)

TBH MOC isn't the problem with Tigers, he wasn't the answer but the problem was starting about 4 years before MOC joined, as the recent defensive coach debacle has shown he is not exactly in charge of recruitment we have missed out on at least 3 players MOC wanted that Glynn and Cohen didn't.

Suspect the only reason MOC was hire was because they thought they could control him, and for the same reason I just don't see them hiring Mike Ford.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Yes MoC seems like a puppet who can be manipulated. And if it that is true we are in bigger trouble than I thought!
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

Can't believe he's still here tbh.

Looking at the way Bath and Saints have worked in the off season I think we are in serious trouble with his 'dynamic' approach to rugby.