Super User
Super User

Re: Eastmond

Post by RagingBull »

biffer wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:51 pm
RagingBull wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:59 pm
sapajo wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:13 pm

More powerful runner ball in had than Toomua ? I think not

Next you will be saying he is a better defender than Toomua. I know he is not!
Eastmond is a miles bettering ball runner
You are Donald Trump and I claim my five pounds. Bigly.
I have the bestest of backline's some may say a yuge backline. All other teams look at my backline and think why does he have such a great backline and I say to them that I just want to make Leicester Tigers great again.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Robespierre wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:02 pm
ourla wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:52 am I've a good feeling about this one.
Me too! He’s a proven international player who played well with Ford at Bath and is a welcome addition to the squad. May the knockers get back into their holes and reserve judgment until he has several games under his belt.
Agreed, I think this could turn out to be a decent signing.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Robespierre wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:02 pmMay the knockers get back into their holes and reserve judgment until he has several games under his belt.
Absolutely no chance, first sign of an error or not scoring a hat-trick and the hand-wringers will be out promoting their foresight and knowledge.

I for one am happy to have Eastmond on board, always a player that tended to cause 5p/50p moments when he got the ball against us.

Needs to be given a chance over a period of time. Injury record or not, supposed attitude issues or not, if the price is right then he's potentially a quality addition, and if he works in harmony with Ford as he did before, all the better.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:39 pm I for one am happy to have Eastmond on board, always a player that tended to cause 5p/50p moments when he got the ball against us.
Damn decimalisation! Thrupenny bit, half a crown still sounds so much better! :smt023 :smt044
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

fentiger wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:43 pm
WhitecapTiger wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:39 pm I for one am happy to have Eastmond on board, always a player that tended to cause 5p/50p moments when he got the ball against us.
Damn decimalisation! Thrupenny bit, half a crown still sounds so much better! :smt023 :smt044
:smt003 more of a ring to it
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:39 pm
Robespierre wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:02 pmMay the knockers get back into their holes and reserve judgment until he has several games under his belt.
Absolutely no chance, first sign of an error or not scoring a hat-trick and the hand-wringers will be out promoting their foresight and knowledge.

I for one am happy to have Eastmond on board, always a player that tended to cause 5p/50p moments when he got the ball against us.

Needs to be given a chance over a period of time. Injury record or not, supposed attitude issues or not, if the price is right then he's potentially a quality addition, and if he works in harmony with Ford as he did before, all the better.
!
Good post WT!
Semper in excretia
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:47 pm
fentiger wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:43 pm
:smt003 more of a ring to it
Now now! :smt044 :smt044
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

It helps not to compare him with Toomua for whom he is not a replacement (unless I've completely misunderstood the situation)!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

westwinds31 wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:47 pm
Robespierre wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:02 pm
ourla wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:52 am I've a good feeling about this one.
Me too! He’s a proven international player who played well with Ford at Bath and is a welcome addition to the squad. May the knockers get back into their holes and reserve judgment until he has several games under his belt.
Agreed, I think this could turn out to be a decent signing.
Agreed. Quick and skillful. Doesn't shirk his defensive duties. Also played fullback in league so could be emergency cover there for is if we need it. Knows and has worked well with Ford previously.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Welcome to Tigers, Kyle. Forget the doubters as he is one hell of a talented player ( at Bath he was pretty impressive). Had injury problems at Wasps but could be another Tait for us. Well worth the gamble. Hope we also give Hardwick plenty of game time as well as he has plenty of potential.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Like him, he could be a very good signing for us, tricky, jinky runner! :smt045

Wasn't he part of the England Team when they were winning?
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

2012? 😂
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

Unlike the Saracens press release that the Vunipola's have extended their contracts to 2022, there is no indication of the length of Eastmond's contract. As he was gathering dust on the "availability shelf" from Wasps is that an indication that he is on a 12 month contract - to see how past injuries go or is he hopefully on a 2 or 3 year contract?? Some one here must know.
When oh! When are the other signings being announced and those we have released but still have no club to go to - Traynor, Brady etc....
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

AngusMcCoatup wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:38 am Unlike the Saracens press release that the Vunipola's have extended their contracts to 2022, there is no indication of the length of Eastmond's contract. As he was gathering dust on the "availability shelf" from Wasps is that an indication that he is on a 12 month contract - to see how past injuries go or is he hopefully on a 2 or 3 year contract?? Some one here must know.
When oh! When are the other signings being announced and those we have released but still have no club to go to - Traynor, Brady etc....
Tigers never release the length of any players contract. They aren't going to start doing so with Eastmond.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

What I have seen of Eastmond I like and with Owen etc I believe he is a good fit?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat