LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD Part Deux

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD Part Deux

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Took £126 bet was worth £300. Not the first time I've bottled it but I do ok on rugby, especially the AP. Gone for an accumulator for the seasons first round 55/1 and I'm taking both Bristol and Wuss at home to upset Bath and Wasps respectively. Only one away win,Sarries at Newcastle. Worth a tenner all day!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/new-batc ... remiership

Henri Lavin, Leicester Tigers, flanker

Lavin feels like a very Leicester Tigers type of flanker and there are few better compliments you can pay him coming out of the U18s than that.

There’s some Martin Corry dog in him, a sprinkling of athleticism that is reminiscent of Lewis Moody and a dash of Dean Richards’ uncompromising nature. He’s raw and a work in progress, but you can see him fitting in well in those Leicester packs of old.

Tigers have brought in Dave Denton and Guy Thompson over the summer, so their back-row has been bolstered at the senior level, but they have also shown that they aren’t afraid to throw in younger players if they are ready. Both Ben White and Sam Lewis have had roles with the senior squad when they were fresh out of the junior academy in recent years, whilst Lavin himself made his senior debut as a schoolboy back in February, when he came off the bench against Wasps in the Anglo-Welsh Cup.

Ged Glynn, Head of Rugby Operations at Leicester:

“Henri is an understated, underestimated and unsung Tiger of the future. His strengths are his robust, uncompromising defence, his direct ball carrying and his strong inspiration of followship.”

“He is quietly confrontational and definitely somebody you would prefer to play with and not against.”

He could be in a very good position to get game time next season, especially if Mapapalangi is going on loan to Cov.
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

“Henri is an understated, underestimated and unsung Tiger of the future. His strengths are his robust, uncompromising defence, his direct ball carrying and his strong inspiration of followship.”

I have a degree in English and I have no idea what he means here. Answers on a postcard please.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

POSTIGER wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:42 pm “Henri is an understated, underestimated and unsung Tiger of the future. His strengths are his robust, uncompromising defence, his direct ball carrying and his strong inspiration of followship.”

I have a degree in English and I have no idea what he means here. Answers on a postcard please.
Presume he means future captain material.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

He inspires people to come together maybe?
Richardfje

Post by Richardfje »

https://www.ruck.co.uk/transfer-news-ky ... b-at-last/

Can anyone tell me if there is any substance to their rumour because I believe Eastmond could be very good for us in the next few seasons with the world cup approaching and their being a lot of players away if he can stay fit?
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Richardfje wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:36 am https://www.ruck.co.uk/transfer-news-ky ... b-at-last/

Can anyone tell me if there is any substance to their rumour because I believe Eastmond could be very good for us in the next few seasons with the world cup approaching and their being a lot of players away if he can stay fit?
The rumour has apparently been doing the rounds for a while now and I for one, would be pleased to see him at Tigers despite what other posters have written about his apparent « attitude » problem. He’s clearly a class player and supporters should welcome him with open arms.
Semper in excretia
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

POSTIGER wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:42 pm “Henri is an understated, underestimated and unsung Tiger of the future. His strengths are his robust, uncompromising defence, his direct ball carrying and his strong inspiration of followship.”

It's business speak. Postiger. Followship means something along the lines of:

A willingness to accept direction and guidance from leaders in an organization. An employee who practices followship recognizes that any effective organization needs both leaders and followers.

The cynic in me thinks it sounds like a fancy definition of a "yes man".
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

Robespierre wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:47 am
Richardfje wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:36 am https://www.ruck.co.uk/transfer-news-ky ... b-at-last/

The rumour has apparently been doing the rounds for a while now and I for one, would be pleased to see him at Tigers despite what other posters have written about his apparent « attitude » problem. He’s clearly a class player and supporters should welcome him with open arms.
Yeah I keep seeing this about his attitude, I’ve never heard anything myself but love to hear what people have heard, as far as I knew he left Bath because they offered him an amount of money, then they decided they didn’t want to pay that much, I don’t think that an attitude problem to want what you’ve been told you’ll get. As for wasps it sounds like he was well liked there they just needed to save some cap and he was injured a lot there. I think he be a good signing if the price is right he plays well with Ford and has played with Manu at England, and if it true that Toomua is leaving next season it’s good there getting someone in early so they can bed into the team.
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:39 am

A willingness to accept direction and guidance from leaders in an organization. An employee who practices followship recognizes that any effective organization needs both leaders and followers.

Thanks VOTC. That makes a little more sense now. The inspiration bit still confuses me somewhat!
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

VOTC never knew that bit of corporate BusinessSpeak,guess I switch off when the politicians or the CEOs of school academies speak, as they largely know and say S.F.A
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

POSTIGER wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:11 pm

Thanks VOTC. That makes a little more sense now. The inspiration bit still confuses me somewhat!
I think you’ve got it the wrong way round. It’s gibberish management-speak used by someone who probably doesn’t understand it (who could?) but the the use of ‘inspiration’ would suggest that Henri is the leader who inspires others to follow rather than the follower.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

TomWeston wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:40 pm
POSTIGER wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:11 pm

I think you’ve got it the wrong way round. It’s gibberish management-speak used by someone who probably doesn’t understand it (who could?) but the the use of ‘inspiration’ would suggest that Henri is the leader who inspires others to follow rather than the follower.
This is getting out of hand.

I've spent my whole working life in the corporate world.

It means "he phosfluorescently communicates premium season-readiness"

That is all.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

I thought it was a Tolkien reference.. Followship of the wings
I'm not cynical just experienced
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

jgriffin wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:12 pm VOTC never knew that bit of corporate BusinessSpeak,guess I switch off when the politicians or the CEOs of school academies speak, as they largely know and say S.F.A
Unfortunately I had to sit through years of meetings peppered with this sort of gibberish. Time I'll never get back.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!