Saints away game to be played at Twickenham

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Saints away game to be played at Twickenham

Post by wormus »

Tickets are now available directly from the Northampton Saints website and their ticket office on
01604 581000 and not a premium ticket line. Early bird tickets are available Adults @ £20, behind the goals north east & south east. @ £28 from the 22 to goal lines on the east side and very few @£36 L22 , L27 & M35. It appears they are only selling the east stand areas under Early Bird promotion , there are Childrens @ discounts but no concessions. But at these prices it is cheaper than going to Franklin's Gardens so Early Birds!! :smt059
I found getting on to the Saints website for ticket availability difficult as they are pushing the hospitality & coach travel package, so BUY TICKETS > Events & use "Donate to Rob Horne box" then the stadium plan comes up with blue blocks & seat availability in green. Payment to Northampton Saints / Stubhub? but no handling fee if print @ home tickets. I was advised Ticketmaster tickets are more expensive.
No doubt Johnthegriff will be running his normal excellent service and I'am advised the Seven Stars are running a coach from Rugby too. So much better than going to see Baff & the Micheal Winner lookalike.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Michael Winner? Craig? Jon Culshaw surely
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

wormus wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:51 pm Tickets are now available directly from the Northampton Saints website and their ticket office on
01604 581000 and not a premium ticket line. Early bird tickets are available Adults @ £20, behind the goals north east & south east. @ £28 from the 22 to goal lines on the east side and very few @£36 L22 , L27 & M35. It appears they are only selling the east stand areas under Early Bird promotion , there are Childrens @ discounts but no concessions. But at these prices it is cheaper than going to Franklin's Gardens so Early Birds!! :smt059
I found getting on to the Saints website for ticket availability difficult as they are pushing the hospitality & coach travel package, so BUY TICKETS > Events & use "Donate to Rob Horne box" then the stadium plan comes up with blue blocks & seat availability in green. Payment to Northampton Saints / Stubhub? but no handling fee if print @ home tickets. I was advised Ticketmaster tickets are more expensive.
No doubt Johnthegriff will be running his normal excellent service and I'am advised the Seven Stars are running a coach from Rugby too. So much better than going to see Baff & the Micheal Winner lookalike.
Thank you
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
LessThanSte
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by LessThanSte »

One question - I had a quick look at tickets early which are all in the East stand currently. Does anyone know if the intention is that they only use a limited part of the ground, or just the East stand to test the new facilities?

Edit: So I took the brave step of ringing the Saints ticket office - the plan is currently to sell the bottom and middle tiers, and subject to demand then to offer the top tier. She said that Stubhub, Ticketmaster and the RFU should have tickets available for other parts of the ground, but Saints only had the East stand.
#48 FTW :)
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Drat. Bought tickets in east stand. :smt010
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

jgriffin wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:22 pm Drat. Bought tickets in east stand. :smt010
Shouldn't be a problem, you will be able to have a nice chat with our dear neighbours! :smt002
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

jgriffin wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:22 pm Drat. Bought tickets in east stand. :smt010
Hi JG Do not worry about buying tickets directly from Saints and "Test the East stand Early Bird Promotion."
I selected two in M29 @ £28 and there were lots available, I donated to the Rob fund and with Print@home I now have my tickets, Saints still liaise with Stubhub BUT buying direct there is NO Ticketing Fees (£3-50 per booking) or extra charges that you get with Ticketmaster through the RFU .
https://www.eticketing.co.uk/rfu/EDP/Event/Index/2503
The RFU are only advertising the East Stand and ends at present. So you can bet that tickets for the West stand will be much more and through Ticketmaster or others.
Having been to the Bath v Tigers match before I cannot recall them opening up the top tier unless the demand is spectacular as the cost of stewarding & operations is immense so I was advised.
Don't worry JG there will be plenty of Tigers I hope about us and looking out for your name on the back of your Tigers jersey. Enjoy. Wormus :smt041
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

LessThanSte wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:56 pm One question - I had a quick look at tickets early which are all in the East stand currently. Does anyone know if the intention is that they only use a limited part of the ground, or just the East stand to test the new facilities?

Edit: So I took the brave step of ringing the Saints ticket office - the plan is currently to sell the bottom and middle tiers, and subject to demand then to offer the top tier. She said that Stubhub, Ticketmaster and the RFU should have tickets available for other parts of the ground, but Saints only had the East stand.
It is a test event for the new East stand
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WirralExile »

Having booked travel for this game with johnthegriff after the Falcons match, I thought I'd better sort match tickets out. The RFU had emailed me last week about "The Derby" and the link only gave me access to Ticketmaster with their regular charges. I then recalled this thread and the same tickets appeared to be available from the Saints website and also gave the option to donate to Rob Horne. We're now booked in to block M29 in the East Stand; didn't appear to be much choice in other parts of the ground.

A bit surprised that Tigers weren't selling an allocation though.
Wirral Exile
Same birthplace as Oz, but not quite as lippy!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

No advantage to tigers selling tickets as it’s an away game and tickets readily available through other outlets
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

WirralExile wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:17 pm Having booked travel for this game with johnthegriff after the Falcons match, I thought I'd better sort match tickets out. The RFU had emailed me last week about "The Derby" and the link only gave me access to Ticketmaster with their regular charges. I then recalled this thread and the same tickets appeared to be available from the Saints website and also gave the option to donate to Rob Horne. We're now booked in to block M29 in the East Stand; didn't appear to be much choice in other parts of the ground.
I hope you took Wormus's advice that he gave above and booked direct with Saints on the phone or website rather than being ripped off by Ticketmaster. No service charge and a print at home ticket service. The RFU want to test that the new modified East Stand is operational and strong enough before the Autumn Internationals hence the push on that stand.
Do not worry there are other Tigers in M29 to shout with you and motivate Tigers further.
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

Incidently those in Rugby might like to know that the Seven Stars Albert Square Rugby CV21 2 SH are running two coaches down to Twickenham for Saints v Tigers leaving the 7 Stars @ 10:00am at a cost of £15 per Adult. :smt038
There are spaces on the second coach at present. 01788 535478 so call Graham if interested, a real ale and Tigers pub. : :smt030
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

No fees through RFU site plus still the option to donate.

Print@Home aswell.
jamiewilkinson

Post by jamiewilkinson »

Game will be shown live on channel 5 apparently