Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2018-19

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ellis9
Super User
Super User

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2018-19

Post by ellis9 »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:40 pm Difference is Ellis you are just stirring the pot as per 😉
Why am I?
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

His point wasn't that Sales backline was better than ours,just that they had a stellar backline and you jumped all over it like a dog on a bone,and it wasn't the first time. Your fierce protectiveness over Tigers borders on obsession at times,chill Winston. 😂
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:58 pm His point wasn't that Sales backline was better than ours,just that they had a stellar backline and you jumped all over it like a dog on a bone,and it wasn't the first time. Your fierce protectiveness over Tigers borders on obsession at times,chill Winston. 😂
So why can I not respond to someone's post by saying there's something even better than what has been suggested?

If someone said it took them 4 hours to do something, to join in the conversation, someone may say that they know someone who did it in 3 hours. The original person wasn't looking for someone who had done it quicker but someone chose to tell them. It's called conversation.

Your obsession in knocking them borders obsession.

I don't need to chill, I'm already chilled enough thanks.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Is it better though? Another one of your character traits, passing your opinion over as fact 😉
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

:smt068
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Haha JP,I like Ellis. His blind faith is at an unprecedented level and the tint to his glasses is glaring but he's a fan like all of us.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:11 pm Is it better though? Another one of your character traits, passing your opinion over as fact 😉
Not this fact and opinion thing again! Of course it's my opinion!

JP14 said the Sale backline is strong. That's his opinion. Why not tell him he is passing his opinion for fact?
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Because he doesn't come across like you do 😂 forget it now anyway,let's talk Tigers!
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:24 pm And aren't you kind of contradicting yourself a tad? How did we play bosh if we were playing 3 playmakers?!
Well this is the whole issue, the entire team contradicts itself, it's personnel and it's gameplan is confused.
You can't make sense of what makes no sense!
In effect England play with four stand offs, Youngs, Ford, Farrell and Slade, and people are wondering why England go sideways.
If you can watch the first clash of the codes encounter from 96 and you'll see what a back row should be like in Quinnell, you'll see effective runners for the pivots to find and you'll see variety.
Everyone is expecting the likes of Ford or Cipriani or Farrell to create something but without effective runners they are predictable.
They are not in the same class of union players such as Toomua or Flood at his peak who was steps ahead of others up top.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Foden and Ashton running off Flood was a joy to watch at times!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

BFG wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:38 pm
Rugbyflanker wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:24 pm And aren't you kind of contradicting yourself a tad? How did we play bosh if we were playing 3 playmakers?!
Well this is the whole issue, the entire team contradicts itself, it's personnel and it's gameplan is confused.
You can't make sense of what makes no sense!
In effect England play with four stand offs, Youngs, Ford, Farrell and Slade, and people are wondering why England go sideways.
If you can watch the first clash of the codes encounter from 96 and you'll see what a back row should be like in Quinnell, you'll see effective runners for the pivots to find and you'll see variety.
Everyone is expecting the likes of Ford or Cipriani or Farrell to create something but without effective runners they are predictable.
They are not in the same class of union players such as Toomua or Flood at his peak who was steps ahead of others up top.
Good point.

Who did Flood have as options though? For club he had Hipkiss, Smith, Alessana, Manu and for country Tindall, Barritt, Manu, Noon hard runners that could straighten the line. Flood had options to work with, to tie defenders in with to create space out wide.

You look at the England backline and who's going to straighten the line? Farrell? Nope. Slade? When he did he dropped it. Just to easy to mark the first receiver and then drift wide.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Spot on Sam,like I pointed out earlier. The two playmakers has never been proven,you have to have direct runners in rugby or you fail. Especially with England too because we are hardly a monster carrying pack as it is. Some of our metres made stats for our pack at times are quite frankly embarrassing for an international team. I'll stretch that to Tigers too,at times 6/8 of our pack were in negative metres made for carries and you will never win anything like that!
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Talk of having 12 replacements in the Top14 and D2 from next season,I hope it doesn't catch on!
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

ellis9 wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:39 pm
JP14 wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:55 pm Saying that your comment is pointless doesn’t mean that you’re aren’t allowed it was just unnecessary of you, your stiring up beef for yourself all the time!
It wasn't unnecessary. You said Sales team looks good on paper, I responded by saying ours is better. Why is mine pointless but yours isn't? We said the same thing but about different teams.
Ellis9, the comment about Sale's team was highly relevant as the discussion at the time was about Ashton going there. You comment about Tigers was tenuous to what had been being discussed and was effectively changing what was on discussion. I doubt that anyone disagrees with your comment, but it does rather sidetrack the topic which is supposed to be about teams other than Tigers.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:03 pm Foden and Ashton running off Flood was a joy to watch at times!
Ashton has said that Flood was the best 10 for him, always tracked him looking for the short ball that opened the gap for Ashton's run.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.