Tour to SA

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: Tour to SA

Post by JP14 »

Lawes needs to earn his place again too after being out a long time with injury. Launchbury needs to start at 4 against South Africa against Twickenham with either Isiekwe, Hill or our incoming Will Spencer alongside him.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Not for me JP ,if he starts the season well he's in. I'd even play him at 6 ahead of Robshaw and Shields.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:17 pm Not for me JP ,if he starts the season well he's in. I'd even play him at 6 ahead of Robshaw and Shields.
Oh yeah, course, if he plays well for Northampton then I definitely want him in there, I just don't want him to be shoehorned in if there are locks more deserving of the No5 jersey than he is.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

I liked the dynamic of the front row with a scrummaging prop and a carrying,ball playing one. Marler didn't touch the ball once but still had a very good game while Sinckler played superb at times. Keep those two together and Cole with Mako. George has done himself no favours though, Hartley has been a big miss!
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:41 pm Hartley has been a big miss!
Those are words I never thought I'd see on a Tigers forum :smt046
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:25 pm
Rugbyflanker wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:41 pm Hartley has been a big miss!
Those are words I never thought I'd see on a Tigers forum :smt046
It is always weird to see a player you thought would be an improvement prove not to be (Slade is another)and the player you though was a makeweight turns out to be part of the glue that holds the side together.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Slade was very poor,he looks like he's one of Eddie's "fell by the wayside" players he mentioned. I personally wouldve gone with Loz anyway. Looks like the 13 shirt is between JJ,Teo and Manu although with having to potentially leave players like Watson and Nowell out I can't understand why Daly isn't played at 13.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

For me Daly has to play in the backline, but the way Brown and May are playing, probably would be best keeping him at 13.

Anyone else stoked for seeing May in a Tigers shirt again? Seems to have nailed down that left wing berth for England!
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:18 pm For me Daly has to play in the backline, but the way Brown and May are playing, probably would be best keeping him at 13.

Anyone else stoked for seeing May in a Tigers shirt again? Seems to have nailed down that left wing berth for England!
May seems to have nailed down the right wing berth in the wacky world of EJ. Daly needs to play at 13 simples.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

If Daly plays 13 then Nowell or Watson?
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Depends on form but Watson shades it for me overall.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:42 pm If Daly plays 13 then Nowell or Watson?
Newell on the wing and Watson at fullback, as Eddie doesn’t seem to want to give Woodward ago.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

A big no to Watson at FB, defensively awful but can get away with it on the wing. I'm still a big fan of Brown at FB.
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:13 pm A big no to Watson at FB, defensively awful but can get away with it on the wing. I'm still a big fan of Brown at FB.
I’d agree browns defence is better than Watsons, but from what I’ve seen in these tests and the barbarians game his pace is becoming the issue at that level. he’ll tackle anyone who runs at him but most where just running around him and he couldn’t get close to them. Watson had a nightmare six nations but to be fair to him, there’s only a couple of England’s lions players who have shown any kind of form internationally since then, he’s a better attack’s no threat than Brown.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

I do agree his pace is an issue,but only on the wing. His positioning at FB is spot on and he's by far our best back 3 player in the air. Watson at wing only for me,he's too poor as the last man