Sarries v Wasps

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Sarries v Wasps

Post by Soggypitch »

Didn't see it but sounded a great game and Sarries seem back to their best.

According to the reports I've read Farrell had a great game, ball in hand, running and kicking. Did he eclipse Cips?

Does this give Farrell the 10 shirt for SA? If so who on the bench Ford or Cips I wonder........possibly Cips as he can cover 15, but I reckon Eddie will go with who impresses most in training.
Soggypitch
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Sarries v Wasps

Post by Grimlish »

Marred for me by some truly bizarre referee/TMO decisions. The one which was most bizarre and most crucial was to deny Daly a try in the corner, brilliantly executed , which was denied on the grounds the bal touched the Line and the post simultaneously and therefore was in touch. It just didn’t happen and no rocking and rolling or frame by frame analysis was ever going to show it had happened. Happened just as Wasps finally managed to get some traction early in the second half and with their given scores would have put them just 3 point behind instead of the 10 they achieved.

I am increasingly concerned that the approach of the TMOs has become hurried or slapdash. They seem to be under pressure to produce quick decisions which have no more accuracy than the original ref’s decision. So, it adds nothing. I don’t think TMOs are wrong in principle but do think there has been a decline in performance.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

It would be interesting to know what percetage of tries are referred to the TMO. It seems as though they check just to be on the safe side. The Daly try was good, no idea how they could see that the flag was touched first.
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

Yes it was very odd. On the replay I would have expected the corner flag pole to move as the ball hit the line if it had been simultaneous, as the TMO suggested, but to me it did not even twitch. Not sure if it would gave made much difference as the momentum did shift to Wasps soon afterward and Sarries did resist and come back to score more.

Offside
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Very good game but let's not get it twisted. No other team in Europe would've scored over 30 points considering the complete forward domination,but that's how good Wasps backs are,Sarries pack was tremendous,won every facet,lineout, maul,scrum,breakdown, collision,gainline. The final could be special!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Wasps looked a better team with thompson on though.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Yes, the written off Daly try was absolutely ridiculous. Morals clouding the TMO's judgement?

On a good note, Thompson was fantastic in open spaces but is often shunted back in the tight, I hope that next year a forward will bind on him to him when carrying around the corner.

On a good note for England fans, M.Vunipola and Super Maro were amazing, looks as though their week off during the Champions Cup knockout stages has done them a lot of good!
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

JP14 wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 1:37 pm Yes, the written off Daly try was absolutely ridiculous. Morals clouding the TMO's judgement?
Morals? In what way should they cloud judgement in this case?

It was simply a poor decision and no doubt the TMO will not be held openly accountable.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I was just throwing a suggestion that maybe this TMO doesn’t like the Pests for their financial fiascos which therefore affected his decision. I’m probably horribly wrong yanno but oh well...

You are right though he should be held responsible.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

JP14 wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 4:41 pm I was just throwing a suggestion that maybe this TMO doesn’t like the Pests for their financial fiascos which therefore affected his decision. I’m probably horribly wrong yanno but oh well...

You are right though he should be held responsible.
You mean you're suggesting that the TMO is unprofessional, biased, allowed that bias to affect decisions, has zero integrity, cheated, cannot be trusted, was materially affected by his personal opinion of a club?

Sounds libellous to me.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

As I’ve said I’m probably horribly wrong so what does it matter?
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

I couldn't be happier that Wasps have lost and are still looking for their first Premiership title. It's not very often I want Saracens to win but yesterday was one of those occasions!
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Won't be as happy as me Ellis if they win the final!
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

JP14 wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 5:15 pm As I’ve said I’m probably horribly wrong so what does it matter?
Personally I think it does matter....and that the best approach to any online forum is to only say what you’d be prepared to say publicly (and ideally in the presence of the subject of the comment)!
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Decisions are made by the referee, advice is given by other officials. The ref was looking at the big screen and saw the same pictures we did, I have no idea how he got it wrong but he did. Mind you referees in both matches seemed to have lost the ability to see a forward pass, I bet they will recover it when they cover a Tigers match and it won't be decisions that favour us.