Gloucester lose final

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Mark62
Super User
Super User

Gloucester lose final

Post by Mark62 »

Really good 2nd display from Cardiff Blues whilst Gloucester seemed to bottle again.

They were however not helped by 2 howlers from the French officials not giving a perfectly good Gloucester try then awarding a try to Cardiff when the player was offside. Potential 14 point swing
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Re: Gloucester lose final

Post by Big Dai »

Agreed. I thought the TMO was brought in to detect such errors. The game is degenerating into farce.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

The TMO or the linesman should be intervening, Gloucester were robbed. I’m not sure Woodward was released either...
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

Effectively a 14 point swing. Glaws were absolutely robbed. That disallowed try was an appalling decision.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

It is starting to get serious. I was upset with the way we lost out to Newcastle and the poor refereeing/tmo etc but
not wanting to be called arrogant or a bad looser didn't say too much but these two incidents tonight from someone who is considered a good referee have a serious effect on the season and in the professional game can mean huge financial losses and cost people their jobs.
Something needs to be done.
A life long Tiger
KevinR

Post by KevinR »

I've noticed that the rugby pundits have been begging up Garces recently. Remember, he was the ref when Munster got away with murder at the breakdown against Tigers at Thomond Park and Veainu 'accidentally' had his jaw broken by Conway!
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Big Dai wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 9:59 pm Agreed. I thought the TMO was brought in to detect such errors. The game is degenerating into farce.
The TMO could have done nothing about disallowed Gloucester try as the whistle was blown to stop play before he'd got anywhere near putting the ball down. Garces backed himself called it as being a forward pass immediately. Wrong, but at least comfortable in his own ability to make a decision.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Agreed. But he backed himself wrongly.
Should have let the thing run and check if he wants to use the TMO properly. Other advantage situations run and run
We are either going to use the TMO or not. Frankly I'd go not. The result would have been the same.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Apparently Gloucester tweeted something that crossed the mark and they apologised. Anybody see the original post?
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

JP14 wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 7:33 am Apparently Gloucester tweeted something that crossed the mark and they apologised. Anybody see the original post?
Check out @RugbyInsideLine’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/RugbyInsideLine/sta ... 89344?s=09
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Thank you Big Dai, not the worst tweet in the world but I guess if you’re a Premiership club you can’t put stuff like that, even though they were right...
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

JP14 wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 7:48 am Thank you Big Dai, not the worst tweet in the world but I guess if you’re a Premiership club you can’t put stuff like that, even though they were right...
I think, if there is evidence that you have been badly done to you should be able to state, politely and in decent language, what you feel. Bad refs can ruin the game as easily as cheating/violent players.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Big Dai wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 9:59 pm Agreed. I thought the TMO was brought in to detect such errors. The game has degenerated into a farce.
Fixed that for you :smt004
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Refs make mistakes that's part and parcel of the game. The TMO should never make that error it's just unacceptable and if I was a Glaws fan I'd have said far worse last night when caught up in the moment.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

G.K wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 12:23 pm
Big Dai wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 9:59 pm Agreed. I thought the TMO was brought in to detect such errors. The game has degenerated into a farce.
Fixed that for you :smt004
Tense stuff