Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 1

Post by JP14 »

TheRock wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 3:44 pm
JerryGas wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 2:54 pm Rugby paper linking us with Samoan loose head Nephi Leatigaga currently with Biarritz.
According to people on facebook Ged Glynn went over to sign him last Wednesday but they couldn't agree terms so he's not coming.
Where on FB?
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Actually no don’t worry about saw the post on the FB Fan group, according to comments, he was supposed to have signed on Wednesday but negotiations broke down don’t know whether they’re going to a reapproach him with a new offer
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

I've had it confirmed that Ged Glynn went over to talk to Nephi Leatigaga last Wednesday. He’s contracted to Biarittz for another year. Tigers are trying to get him released.

He's seen as a direct replacement for Logo. We came very close to keeping Logo before Falcons/Deano put a timeline on their offer.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

James Voss is a prospect, he is being loaned to Coventry next season to get regular games will play for us in A league etc.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

johnthegriff wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 10:00 pm James Voss is a prospect, he is being loaned to Coventry next season to get regular games will play for us in A league etc.
Will we see him in preseason?
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

strawclearer wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 8:52 pm I've had it confirmed that Ged Glynn went over to talk to Nephi Leatigaga last Wednesday. He’s contracted to Biarittz for another year. Tigers are trying to get him released.

He's seen as a direct replacement for Logo. We came very close to keeping Logo before Falcons/Deano put a timeline on their offer.
I would think that Tigers would be able to compete with a ProD2 club
Brianf

Post by Brianf »

Michele Rizzo announcing he is off on his Facebook page...

I have really enjoyed my four seasons with Tigers. Probably words can’t really explain..thanks to all my teammates,coaches,staff and all the supporters for this unbelievable experience!
SEE YAAA LESTÀ!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

As expected been a surprisingly good servant to the club.

On incoming news
Really hope Mafi can bring this type of play to Tigers to nice forwards type tries for him on the weekend.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mp0B9c7z44
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSisBynw0AE
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Rizzo was great for us last season but some reason didn’t get the love from MOC and has hardly played which is a shame. He must be close to retirement by now I’d have thought
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

JP14 wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 2:27 pm Rizzo was great for us last season but some reason didn’t get the love from MOC and has hardly played which is a shame. He must be close to retirement by now I’d have thought
Yes - 36 by the start of next season
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Tiglon wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 9:31 am
Rugbyflanker wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 8:23 pm Shaun Knight scares the **** out of me!
Surely we'd only sign him if he agrees to play for free, and pays a fine for every penalty he gives away. That might help the club break even next year :smt002
Why on earth would we sign a player who every time I remember watching him against us has ended up in the bin by half time! :smt003
LondonRich
Tiger Cub

Post by LondonRich »

Wasps have just confirmed that Kyle Eastmond is leaving (contract expires end of the season). I think he'd be a great addition to the squad, but I imagine he'll have a few options out there for him.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

LondonRich wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 4:21 pm Wasps have just confirmed that Kyle Eastmond is leaving (contract expires end of the season). I think he'd be a great addition to the squad, but I imagine he'll have a few options out there for him.
Ford’s best season at Bath was with Eastmond in the centres, I doubt we would have the money for him though
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

As good as Kyle Eastmond is, he's missed a lot of rugby through injury in the last couple of years. I know you can't guarantee the fitness of any signing but surely his record would mark him out as a high risk? Can we really afford that when two of our front line centres (Manu and Owen) are also highly injury prone?
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

POSTIGER wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 6:04 pm As good as Kyle Eastmond is, he's missed a lot of rugby through injury in the last couple of years. I know you can't guarantee the fitness of any signing but surely his record would mark him out as a high risk? Can we really afford that when two of our front line centres (Manu and Owen) are also highly injury prone?
Cut price deal to compensate his injury record seems something that sits firmly in Tigers recent acquisitions in recent times.

In fairness, Eastmond would give us different options, and would ramp the pressure on Ford and Toomua to play their best rugby:

Ford, Toomua, Eastmond
Ford, Eastmond, Manu
Toomua, Eastmond, Manu

If signing Eastmond meant Owen leaving I'd accept that. Add Worth, Smith, Tait and Olowofela at 12/13, opens the opportunity for Hardwick to be a proper understudy at 10.

To be honest though - I'd imagine he'll be trying to get back to league.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100