Cohen, Glynn, to be sacked?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: MOC to be sacked?

Post by Spicer »

He had all of pre season and the entire season and we are worse off than before. Admittedly he didn't really bring in many of his own players as there wasn't time.
I think we will do better next season simply as we have done some okay recruitment in our weaker areas.
I don't rate MOC at all but I won't begrudge him a final try this season.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

fleabane wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 3:22 pm The real question is what objectives was MOC set in a season when he has had his opportunity to mould the team. I cannot believe that they were less than ECC semis and Premiership final, (and thereby qualification for next seasons ECC). They could not have been as low as just get into the top six!

So what happens when you miss all your targets and your appraisal comes around?

Excuses? None!

I think that any inaction by the board would be to cover themselves and their inexplicable decision, after “scouring the world” for a top class coach, to appoint MOC.

They have said that the players liked him. That’s a lot like letting schoolchildren choose their own teachers because they like them, rather than appoint those who can teach and improve their chances, who can lead and motivate them to reach greater heights, whilst not being their best friends.
Why do they like him though? It could be because they like his coaching style, for example. Just because they like him, it doesn't necessarily mean they like him as a friend or because it's easy with him as coach.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

They like him because according to other posters hes cheap and hes ex staff. The players picked him knowing he won't drop them,the whole thing stinks! This of course could all be complete lies but isn't it out there that the players had final say on his appointment?
Last edited by Rugbyflanker on Mon May 07, 2018 8:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Much criticism of the Board for appointing MOC, those of us with long memories will remember the adverse comments when Tony Russ was sacked to bring in Bob Dwyer, the demands for Dwyer to go followed by those questioning why he was sacked and the incredulity at the appointment of Deano as D.O.R. I think most fan would have given Deano at least until the end of the season in his final year but maybe other things were going on. Wellsy took over with some success but a cock-up over length of contract I understand (not necessarily a board decision) led to wells resigning and Paddy Howard taking over. Pat eventually went back home and Lofreda was installed, most were happy about it but by the end of the season the players were definitely not so he was binned to bring in Meyer and he brought with him M.O'C, personal problems cut short Heineke's time with us but actually fans were not happy with our lowly position, Cocker took over assisted by Matt O'C with outstanding results which resulted in contracts for the pair, we continued to do well until Matt O' Connor left to take over Leinster who had just lost O'Driscoll and Sexton and a few others, a difficult time. It is fair to say Tiger's performances dropped, maybe because our backs coaching was inadequate or maybe because whoever we had for the 10, 12, 13 positions plus their back-ups seemed to get injured. Mauger came in to solve the problem but for what ever reason it did not work, Cocker initially got the blame and the boot (wrongly in my opinion), and soon after Aaron followed. Whatever was said about recruitment and only the Board members no all the details Matt O'Connor got the job, he appears to have the support of most of the players so at the time of writing he is still with us, obviously their will be questions and answers but when we look at finishing fifth would Toomua throwing a better pass to Hamilton v Saints or the TMO not seeing the block as Holmes scored a try or refs decisions against Falcons which denied us a try and possibly gifted one to Newcastle have made M O'C a better coach because we would have had the semi-final we wanted.
Next year we have to be challenging for the top two position I expected this, I cannot stand Rugbyflanker being right and me being wrong for a second year.
Just let me put one thing in context, the players that supported the choice of Matt O'Connor were not taking an easy option, he makes them work hard, and the team is selected to be the best team in his opinion from the players available, we do not always know the physical and mental state of squad members and of course we may disagree with selection but our jobs do not depend upon it, his does, He like Cocker before him will select who he thinks is right we of course will always know better no matter who selects the team.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 6:16 pm They like him because hes cheap and ex staff. The players picked him knowing he won't drop them,the whole thing stinks!
That statement could be construed as libellous.

I assume you have a lot of solid proof before putting a statement like that out in the public domain
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

“we do not always know the physical and mental state of squad“ writes johnthegriff. The mental state is one of the responsibilities of MOC, as is the players physical state. Injuries may take their toll, but how players are trained, their recuperation programmes and the selection of players whose mental and physical state demonstrates their readiness to play, are all down to MOC.
Valhalla I am coming!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Unbelievable!

Someone posts something that could be libellous and it's not deleted, I make a jokey comment, with added emoji as apparently this helps prove it's a jokey comment and it gets deleted!

I really don't get this forum sometimes!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

ellis9 wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 7:55 pm Unbelievable!

Someone posts something that could be libellous and it's not deleted, I make a jokey comment, with added emoji as apparently this helps prove it's a jokey comment and it gets deleted!

Wondered where it went 😂😂

You know what they say political correctness will be the end of us all :smt023
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Mark62 wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 7:58 pm
ellis9 wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 7:55 pm Unbelievable!

Wondered where it went 😂😂

You know what they say political correctness will be the end of us all :smt023
I hate political correctness!

I guess this comment will get deleted too!
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

If all forum comments were construed as libellous wouldn't we all have been sued by now? Isnt it free speech?
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 8:02 pm If all forum comments were construed as libellous wouldn't we all have been sued by now? Isnt it free speech?
Not when you make direct allegations against an identiafiable group of people no
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

I'm only echoing what has already been said on here before. Bet it's complete rubbish but it's been posted as reasons for his appointment previously.
Last edited by Rugbyflanker on Mon May 07, 2018 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 8:02 pm If all forum comments were construed as libellous wouldn't we all have been sued by now? Isnt it free speech?
Apparently not when I say things!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

ellis9 wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 8:11 pm
Apparently not when I say things!
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean the Mods aren't after you!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

I do apologise to anyone,posters,mods,players,staff alike if I ever offend anyone. It's been a poor season and emotions are running high. I was accused of enjoying our plight recently but nothing could be further from the truth,im gutted at present and fans of other clubs are enjoying rubbing it in immensely!