Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Re: Sale away (Yes...Enya...zzzzzzzzz)

Post by TigerCam »

jgriffin wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 9:43 pm
drc_007 wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 8:51 pm Ford needs players to run attacking lines so he can pick them out and put them into gaps. Not sure that is in the MOC gameplay which seems to be simply pass it wide to a static player.

Some of the dropped passes seemed to be simply a player not expecting the ball, not sure that is acceptable at this level.
Agree entirely!
Poor handling skills has been the bane of the Tigers season
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
TigerAwood

Post by TigerAwood »

Loved the finish pressure off let's see what Mulipola can do for his finale for the Club. Sorry to lose another character from the Tigers best of luck to him in Tigers Mk2
ghdav27

Post by ghdav27 »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 6:21 pm Yes RB and use Toomua and Manu as decoy runners with Holmes going around the back. Holmes works off 9 too,he absolutely has to play.
His lack of game time has been bizarre. Looks a top player!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

A backline next season of:

Youngs
Ford
Toomua
Tuilagi
May
Holmes
Veainu
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Surprised and pleased by the result. Tigers looked a different team than the last two weeks, which beggars the question, why couldn't they play more like that then :smt017

Fowards were better, mainly by having BoC back to his best, I'd say he's he best forward we have, lineout also better and scrum dominant.

Both half backs played well and Holmes has to start ahead of Thommo, still a few too many silly mistakes and aimless kicks but not as bad as some other games.

Doesn't change the fact though, that under MoC Tigers have had the worst season since at least 2000.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I think during the preseason, Tigers really need to analyse this season’s games and look at when it is or not necessary to throw the offload. Vieanu didn’t need to do the fancy switch to Kalamafoni who wasn’t expecting it he should have just flung the ball to his inside to George Ford.

I hope that Geordan Murphy really drills into the players that they should expect the ball at all times, Coley is going to hate that but anyhow 🤣
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

That was a great win at Sale, good performance from all, Matt Tait showed again what a useful member of the squad he is.
I do not understand why people keep saying this was our worst season in the professional era or since the year 2000, does no one remember why Deano got sacked after we finished in the lower reaches of the Premiership qualifying for the Heineken Cup only via the Wildcard playoff on two occasions.
Roll on next season, new signings to strengthen the squad and some of our own produced youngsters forcing their way into the reckoning for selection. European finals in Newcastle might not have quite the magic of Bilbao but it should be cheaper, can't wait. :smt026
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Good luck getting a hotel in Newcastle ;)A friend of mine luckily has an apartment which is already booked,love Newcastle,great city great people.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

johnthegriff wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 9:17 am That was a great win at Sale, good performance from all, Matt Tait showed again what a useful member of the squad he is.
I do not understand why people keep saying this was our worst season in the professional era or since the year 2000, does no one remember why Deano got sacked after we finished in the lower reaches of the Premiership qualifying for the Heineken Cup only via the Wildcard playoff on two occasions.
Roll on next season, new signings to strengthen the squad and some of our own produced youngsters forcing their way into the reckoning for selection. European finals in Newcastle might not have quite the magic of Bilbao but it should be cheaper, can't wait. :smt026
Great point there. We finished 6th then 5th in 02 and 03.

So much to be positive about for next season.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Tiglon wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 9:45 am
johnthegriff wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 9:17 am That was a great win at Sale, good performance from all, Matt Tait showed again what a useful member of the squad he is.

Hang about!Tigers won the HC in 2002 beating Munster, and got to the quarters in 2003. I would regard both those seasons as better than 2017 / 2018.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

G.K wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 11:01 am
Tiglon wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 9:45 am

Hang about!Tigers won the HC in 2002 beating Munster, and got to the quarters in 2003. I would regard both those seasons as better than 2017 / 2018.
Got my dates wrong :smt003 03 and 04. I agree that 2002 was a rather successful year!
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

I watched the annual Army v Navy match yesterday, ruined by what was a soft red card, not the first match that I have seen ruined by officials this season.
I thought the Tigers turned up yesterday, nothing new in that as they have turned up before this season, especially when everything is sunny.
It's the going missing that bothers me, some of these players are a coaches nightmare in my opinion.
One man that never goes missing is BOC.
I thought McGuigan turned up and made our previous line out woes look self inflicted, a fine cameo performance and I am bothered that he will not be Polota-Nau's second next season.
Most thought Tigers would drop off in the last 20 minutes,
McGuigan, Mulipola and maybe Williams providing parting gifts!
The physical impact of the league was evident yesterday, an up for it team against a tired looking team, the lack of TMO was refreshing!
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Yes it did look a soft red card in the Army v Navy game on the Navies Sam Matavesi but who was the Referee Tim Wigglesworthless who gave it on "Intent!" of headbutt.
Yes it was refreshing to have a world class Referee with no TMO involvement, interference or decision making. I feel we would have been in the playoffs but for the Referee's & TMO's incompetence at the Newcastle game. I hope JP Doyle learnt a few skills from Wayne Barnes whilst he ran the touch yesterday . :smt023
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

JP14 wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 7:27 am...
I hope that Geordan Murphy really drills into the players that they should expect the ball at all times, Coley is going to hate that but anyhow 🤣
DC is one of my favourite players but whether I'm at WR or watching on the telly I can't stop myself from shouting 'don't give it to Coley' whenever he is the nearest support player on one side.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

TomWeston wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 5:54 pm
JP14 wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 7:27 am...
DC is one of my favourite players but whether I'm at WR or watching on the telly I can't stop myself from shouting 'don't give it to Coley' whenever he is the nearest support player on one side.
To be fair he is getting better. Unfortunately it doesn’t come naturally to him.