Gold Member

Re: MOC to be sacked?

Post by Rugbyflanker »

sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

JP14 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 4:42 pm Kay is a very good pundit but I could punch him for bringing back O’Connor. Or Perhaps his recommendation was deliberate in order for Tigers to decline and for Cohen to resign or get ousted and for to usurp power?
I thought a few of the senior players were vocal in their support of MOC?
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

MOC had more than a full pre-season to prepare the team for this campaign. The performance of our stellar backs has been for the most unimaginative and disappointing, apart from a few games with MT at 10 playing heads up rugby rather than stick to the script. For me a bigger question than can the squad improve is can MOC improve. For me not the head coach Tigers need.
I'm not cynical just experienced
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Great post chewbacca! Compare that with "the genius" Ackermannn who barely had a preseason, one solitary visit after he was employed,hardly no time to pursue his own targets yet gets to the final of the CC and has the chance to qualify for RCC through league placing
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 11:08 am Great post chewbacca! Compare that with "the genius" Ackermannn who barely had a preseason, one solitary visit after he was employed,hardly no time to pursue his own targets yet gets to the final of the CC and has the chance to qualify for RCC through league placing
Tigers can also qualify for the Championship Cup through league placing. We couldn't be in the final of the Challenge Cup because we were never in it!

Surely as DOR, David Humphreys has set the targets and game plan etc and Ackerman coaches the players to do it.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

My point being that MoC has had more time and knows the setup more and this season is a huge failure on all fronts. I expect next season to carry on where this one left off,cant wait!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 11:24 am My point being that MoC has had more time and knows the setup more and this season is a huge failure on all fronts. I expect next season to carry on where this one left off,cant wait!
I agree on that front but you can't compare Ackerman and Gloucester to us. David Humphreys is the DOR at Gloucester and was already in place and knows the club. Ackerman just had to come in and coach to Humphreys vision. If Gloucester don't finish in the top 6, I wouldn't call that successful, whether they win the Challenge Cup or not.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

ellis9 wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 11:27 am
Rugbyflanker wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 11:24 am My point being that MoC has had more time and knows the setup more and this season is a huge failure on all fronts. I expect next season to carry on where this one left off,cant wait!
I agree on that front but you can't compare Ackerman and Gloucester to us. David Humphreys is the DOR at Gloucester and was already in place and knows the club. Ackerman just had to come in and coach to Humphreys vision. If Gloucester don't finish in the top 6, I wouldn't call that successful, whether they win the Challenge Cup or not.
There's truth in both sides of the argument. Ackerman has had a decent first season at Gloucester with little prep time (although as Ellis points out there is a structure above him which has been more consistency than that at Tigers, which mitigates it somewhat), but getting them to 5/6/7th in the league is far from "job done" and there's still a lot to prove.

Tigers are still ahead of Glouc in the league so to portray Glouc's season as good and Tigers' as bad seems slightly unfair. Next season will give us a much better idea of what Ackerman and MOC might achieve at their clubs.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

I would,its not like the AWC,its still a proper cup,especially in the latter stages and with the circumstances I mentioned too. Add new country,new league to that etc,i expect you to disagree but hey ho ;)
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Never said it was job done and MoC should've had a way more seamless fit inconsistency or not with the amount of time he was here before and amount of players he knew intimately.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

ellis9 wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 11:27 am
Gloucester invested loads into their squad with the likes of Ackerman, Williams, Ruskin and Woodward for this season. For them to not make top 6 would be a massive failure in their eyes and no real progress from last season.

If we make top 6, whilst the worst season in 14 years, wouldn’t be the end of the world. We still get top tier European rugby which is important for us to play in and for the TV rights money.

All the other successful teams like Exeter, Saracens and Wasps have all given their coaching set up a few years to bed in and get their systems in place. We all need to give MOC and Bakewell time and next season should be the means test. Next season we must set making top 4 the minimum which is deemed acceptable.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 11:45 am I'll leave it there,too many Cyclops but it is a Tigers site i suppose. Let's move on to today,i called the Falcons game and see another loss today,the big question is can we muster a solitary,pathetic point?!
I don't think having the opinion that "it's too early to say Ackerman is success or MOC is a failure" is being one eyed. I even said "there is truth in both sides" which I think is entirely the opposite of being a cyclops.

I also see a loss today, but I am hopeful we can muster one glorious point :smt002
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Did you see MOC's face when interviewed after the game, such a miserable looking bloke! I don't expect him to be a smiling laughing guy, especially after the season he's just presided over, but gosh, who can't look just a little relaxed, perhaps he has foresight that something nasty is coming!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

LE18 wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 7:17 pm Did you see MOC's face when interviewed after the game, such a miserable looking bloke! I don't expect him to be a smiling laughing guy, especially after the season he's just presided over, but gosh, who can't look just a little relaxed, perhaps he has foresight that something nasty is coming!
One would hope!
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

We may not have won a trophy and narrowly failed to get in the play offs.....minimum target of Champions Rugby achieved so do not expect to see any exits in the coaches.....they now have a unit that can work with the players that they want and new signings....next season will be a defining season for either the team or the coaches......
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk