Sale away (Yes...Enya...zzzzzzzzz)

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Sale away (Yes...Enya...zzzzzzzzz)

Post by chewbacca »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 12:55 pm Tbh if the worse happens (5-0 points loss) MoC should be sacked immediately!!!
Lets hope the BoD have spared no expense and scoured the world to line up a world class replacement should that happen. I am neither cynical nor sarcastic :smt003
I'm not cynical just experienced
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Be a good name for a black and white silent comedy short "Cohen and the exhaustive search"
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Brianf wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 12:25 pm Sale team

15.Mike Haley; 14.Byron McGuigan, 13.Sam James, 12. Will Addison, 11.Marland Yarde; 10. AJ MacGinty, 9. Faf De Klerk; 1. Ross Harrison, 2. Rob Webber, 3. WillGriff John, 4. Bryn Evans, 5. Andrei Ostrikov, 6. Jono Ross (capt.), 7. Tom Curry, 8. Josh Strauss.

Replacements: 16. Marc Jones, 17. Alexandru Taxus, 18.Halani Aulika, 19. Josh Beaumont, 20. Ben Curry, 21. Will Cliff, 22. Johnny Leota, 23. Luke James
Their front row is considerably weaker than ours but their back row is 🔥🔥 plus another Curry on the bench and Leota as well. Don’t think we will win this one, backed Sale on Superbru to win by 2. I’ll still watch in hope of a Tigers win but not in expectation
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

JP,are you JP on Superbru? I'm 6th worldwide in the AP picks but there's only 2k players I think
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 4:56 pm JP,are you JP on Superbru? I'm 6th worldwide in the AP picks but there's only 2k players I think
Yes surprisingly, I think I’m in top 100 for all tournaments I play in (just Premiership, Champions Cup & Superugby at the moment)
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

POSTIGER wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 12:20 pm MT is a big miss, his defence is much underrated as is his general leadership of the backline. That puts even more responsibility on George Ford's shoulders - let's hope he's up to it.
Spot on. Toomua has provided some of the few high points of this largely forgettable season for me, particularly when he stepped up to play 10.

What message does naming a largely unchanged 15 for the final game of the season send out?
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

markharbtiger wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 8:07 am
POSTIGER wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 12:20 pm MT is a big miss, his defence is much underrated as is his general leadership of the backline. That puts even more responsibility on George Ford's shoulders - let's hope he's up to it.
Spot on. Toomua has provided some of the few high points of this largely forgettable season for me, particularly when he stepped up to play 10.

What message does naming a largely unchanged 15 for the final game of the season send out?
That MOC is a stubborn head coach who won’t change because he believes that he is right
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

chewbacca wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 3:15 pm
Rugbyflanker wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 12:55 pm Tbh if the worse happens (5-0 points loss) MoC should be sacked immediately!!!
Lets hope the BoD have spared no expense and scoured the world to line up a world class replacement should that happen. I am neither cynical nor sarcastic :smt003
MOC will not be sacked whatever happens today.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Surely MOC will lose his job if we don’t make Europe???
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Bookies have Gloucester with a +25 on the handicap betting.....lose or win next week, they will be in the Champions Cup so not expecting anything but a Sarries win.....makes the Tigers result irrelevant. However, we cannot rely on other teams and must get at least the guarnateed point to secure qualification.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

I'm struggling to see Tigers win this one, but the sight of Genge and BOC on the teamsheet gives me at least a little hope. Toomua is obviously a big loss, but maybe Ford will be more comfortable when he is the only general in the backline - I do wonder whether having 2 playmakers in a team confuses things a little for those involved sometimes.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

I think it’s probably 50/50 whether Tigers win this one. I think Tait is crucial, if he can be strong defensively, we’ll do just fine. Toomua is a big miss but we have the firepower in the back 3 to score tries.

Holmes should do well, his support work is excellent. Any half breaks he should finish off which is something we’ve been missing from May and Thompstone.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

D-Day today,you owe it to the fans players,come on!!!
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

This isn't deliberate negativity....I really think we might take a hammering today. Confidence will be low and the pressure high after fluffing our play off chances.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

That's my feelings too,more stick coming my way from other fans!