Transfers & Rumours Non Tigers 2016/17

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Locked
RagingBull
Super User
Super User
Posts: 7086
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non Tigers 2016/17

Post by RagingBull » Thu May 03, 2018 11:05 am

sam16111986 wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 7:53 pm
RagingBull wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:00 pm
Rugbyflanker wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:43 pm
Here's a quick heads up. Ackerman took over the Lions four years ago when they were SA worse side. In that space he turned them into a superb outfit,that not only kept the Bok power game but he even beat the NZ at their own game at times playing with pace and scoring some incredible trys! They had one of the world's best set of halfbacks and Midfield in Faf,Jantjes,Van Rensburg,Mapoe complimented by an awesome back row of Whitely,Ackermann,Kriel the world class hooker Marx,the brilliant lock Mostert and winger Combrink amongst others
Ok they didn't win it outright but lost two finals to Kiwi teams,one where Ackerman blew a home final resting players in a loss to the Jaguares,the other an early red card. Even so in full flow it was one of the best club sides I've seen. If you need to know more give me a shout
Different comp different styles.
Ackerman style suited Super rugby to a T,
Prem rugby well we will see how it works this season well it either worked out great or not so much bit like Glous every season.
The quality of rugby has improved dramatically. Glaws have a fairly average squad and injuries haven't helped. Their defence looks vastly improved and if they can find a suitable replacement at tighthead and can acquire a reliable flyhalf (Burns is even more unreliable than his brother and Williams is either injured or has fallen out with Ackerman) then I can see them overtaking us.
Disagree with them having an average squad really, looking at their team.
Defence vastly improve yet conceded 64 tries same as last year with a points difference of - 57.

Ackerman is not a Williams fan from what I hear and he seems to prefer his attack minded 10's.

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3662
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Neverland

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non Tigers 2016/17

Post by JP14 » Thu May 03, 2018 3:43 pm

Gloucester’s defence has improved I just don’t think they have ever recovered from that thrashing at Sale points difference wise
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

RagingBull
Super User
Super User
Posts: 7086
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non Tigers 2016/17

Post by RagingBull » Thu May 03, 2018 3:50 pm

JP14 wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 3:43 pm
Gloucester’s defence has improved I just don’t think they have ever recovered from that thrashing at Sale points difference wise
and the 43 points at Kingholm last week v Bath
or the 46 points v Exeter
or the 49 points v Wasps

sam16111986
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3143
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:27 pm
Location: Shepshed

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non Tigers 2016/17

Post by sam16111986 » Thu May 03, 2018 9:04 pm

RagingBull wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 3:50 pm
JP14 wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 3:43 pm
Gloucester’s defence has improved I just don’t think they have ever recovered from that thrashing at Sale points difference wise
and the 43 points at Kingholm last week v Bath
or the 46 points v Exeter
or the 49 points v Wasps
It doesn't appear to be in their mentality to limit the damage. They chase the game gung-ho if behind and go all in on the chase early.

Robespierre
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 895
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:36 am
Location: Toulouse

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non Tigers 2016/17

Post by Robespierre » Fri May 04, 2018 5:29 pm

Anyone heard the rumour of Scott Spedding of Clermont to Northampton?
Semper in excreta

strawclearer
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3527
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:13 am

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non Tigers 2016/17

Post by strawclearer » Fri May 04, 2018 5:46 pm

Robespierre wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 5:29 pm
Anyone heard the rumour of Scott Spedding of Clermont to Northampton?
In talks with Saints and Sale apparently.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Help save the Oceans - #RefuseTheStraw!

Tiglon
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 940
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:54 pm
Location: Bath

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non Tigers 2016/17

Post by Tiglon » Sat May 05, 2018 8:50 am

RagingBull wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 3:50 pm
JP14 wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 3:43 pm
Gloucester’s defence has improved I just don’t think they have ever recovered from that thrashing at Sale points difference wise
and the 43 points at Kingholm last week v Bath
or the 46 points v Exeter
or the 49 points v Wasps
It has already been decided that Ackerman is a genius. Your facts are wasted.

Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1429
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:58 pm

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non Tigers 2016/17

Post by Rugbyflanker » Sat May 05, 2018 11:02 am

Who said be was a genius? Someone trying to be clever methinks....

Tiglon
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 940
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:54 pm
Location: Bath

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non Tigers 2016/17

Post by Tiglon » Sat May 05, 2018 11:18 am

Rugbyflanker wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 11:02 am
Who said be was a genius? Someone trying to be clever methinks....
Nope, me trying to be clever is just now when I googled "Ackerman is a genius" to find someone who said those exact words. Sadly all I've learnt is that Jennifer Ackerman likes to talk about the genius of birds.

I'm not sure if anyone has ever said or written the exact words "Ackerman is a genius" but as with most topics, most contributors to this forum seem to have already made up their minds on Ackerman and will not be interested in any facts that suggest the matter is less than certain. That was the point I was intending to make, and it probably would have come across better if I had chosen a different word, or words, instead of 'genius'.

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3662
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Neverland

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non Tigers 2016/17

Post by JP14 » Sat May 05, 2018 11:52 am

I think Gloucester have good line speed but that doesn’t translate to good defence as Exeter broke them down eventually and they were on their feet therefore Gloucester were steamrolled in the second half.

Their defensive coach is definitely improving things but it isn’t the finished article just yet
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

jgriffin
Super User
Super User
Posts: 6604
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:49 pm
Location: On the edge of oblivion

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non Tigers 2016/17

Post by jgriffin » Sat May 05, 2018 11:55 am

Tiglon wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 11:18 am
Rugbyflanker wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 11:02 am
Who said be was a genius? Someone trying to be clever methinks....
Nope, me trying to be clever is just now when I googled "Ackerman is a genius" to find someone who said those exact words. Sadly all I've learnt is that Jennifer Ackerman likes to talk about the genius of birds.

I'm not sure if anyone has ever said or written the exact words "Ackerman is a genius" but as with most topics, most contributors to this forum seem to have already made up their minds on Ackerman and will not be interested in any facts that suggest the matter is less than certain. That was the point I was intending to make, and it probably would have come across better if I had chosen a different word, or words, instead of 'genius'.
'The Genius of Birds' is an excellent book, £8.99 or less in paperback (cost me £4.99). A nice book to span the summer season and take a fresh look at your local dinosaur relatives. Oh, and Ackermann is good, but deffo no genius, and IMO would NOT have been a fit at Tigers as he would have taken a broom to certain of the squad, as he did at Glaws.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.

Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1429
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:58 pm

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non Tigers 2016/17

Post by Rugbyflanker » Sat May 05, 2018 12:09 pm

A new broom is EXACTLY what was needed imo

Tiglon
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 940
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:54 pm
Location: Bath

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non Tigers 2016/17

Post by Tiglon » Sat May 05, 2018 12:11 pm

jgriffin wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 11:55 am
Tiglon wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 11:18 am
Rugbyflanker wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 11:02 am
Who said be was a genius? Someone trying to be clever methinks....
Nope, me trying to be clever is just now when I googled "Ackerman is a genius" to find someone who said those exact words. Sadly all I've learnt is that Jennifer Ackerman likes to talk about the genius of birds.

I'm not sure if anyone has ever said or written the exact words "Ackerman is a genius" but as with most topics, most contributors to this forum seem to have already made up their minds on Ackerman and will not be interested in any facts that suggest the matter is less than certain. That was the point I was intending to make, and it probably would have come across better if I had chosen a different word, or words, instead of 'genius'.
'The Genius of Birds' is an excellent book, £8.99 or less in paperback (cost me £4.99). A nice book to span the summer season and take a fresh look at your local dinosaur relatives. Oh, and Ackermann is good, but deffo no genius, and IMO would NOT have been a fit at Tigers as he would have taken a broom to certain of the squad, as he did at Glaws.
Might order it and use it to fill the time I would usually spend watching Tigers in the Playoffs. :smt023

RagingBull
Super User
Super User
Posts: 7086
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non Tigers 2016/17

Post by RagingBull » Sat May 05, 2018 7:57 pm

Add the 62 points conceded v Sarries to glous total.

Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1429
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:58 pm

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non Tigers 2016/17

Post by Rugbyflanker » Sat May 05, 2018 8:02 pm

Add the already qualified for Europe and an upcoming final to reasons why

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests