Remarkable article about Dean Richards

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Jacko27

Remarkable article about Dean Richards

Post by Jacko27 »

BBC Rugby webpage has an article about Dean Richards signing a new three year contract with Newcastle. Nothing remarkable about that but what is astonishing is the amazing photograph of Dean. Deano appears to have what could just possibly be construed as the beginnings of the vestiges of what might be a smile. :smt001
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Remarkable article about Dean Richards

Post by chewbacca »

Probably a touch of wind :smt001
I'm not cynical just experienced
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Jacko27 wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 11:32 am BBC Rugby webpage has an article about Dean Richards signing a new three year contract with Newcastle. Nothing remarkable about that but what is astonishing is the amazing photograph of Dean. Deano appears to have what could just possibly be construed as the beginnings of the vestiges of what might be a smile. :smt001
Wind.

It's wind.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Then you should have been at Welford Road circa 9-45 pm last Friday night, , when he never stopped grinning and smiling .
As he had every right to................
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

...and talking of articles on favourite coaches of the past, here's Mr Cockerill at his motivational best!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/43968841
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Going to upset a lot of people here but I really don’t get the Deano love in.

He was a great player, possibly the last of the Corinthians, and was fortunate to manage one of the greatest squads in English club rugby history.

From there he was distinctly average at Hairy queens until blood gate for which he was at the very least partially responsible.

He is very good at assembling teams, and getting Walder in to coach was a master stroke, but for me the jury is still out for Newcastle, until after next season, when they will be playing in the champions cup, and they will be targeted by other teams much as Tigers have been for the last 20 years.

Only then will we see his true worth IMHO
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Mark62 wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 1:24 pm Going to upset a lot of people here but I really don’t get the Deano love in.

He was a great player, possibly the last of the Corinthians, and was fortunate to manage one of the greatest squads in English club rugby history.

From there he was distinctly average at Hairy queens until blood gate for which he was at the very least partially responsible.

He is very good at assembling teams, and getting Walder in to coach was a master stroke, but for me the jury is still out for Newcastle, until after next season, when they will be playing in the champions cup, and they will be targeted by other teams much as Tigers have been for the last 20 years.

Only then will we see his true worth IMHO
I think that's harsh. The Quins Premiership winning side was due to Deano, even though he wasn't DOR at the time. Had he not done what he did, he would have won the league with Quins and gone on to win more titles with them. I get your point about next season and how they will deal with Champions Cup Rugby etc but he has done an excellent job wherever he has been DOR.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Just as Rob Baxter has done, Dean has methodically built a very good side. Patience has been his virtue since joining the Falcons and now we see a 'smiling assassin' at WR - good on him!!

Just as it was all undone at Quins by disrespect for the game and crass stupidity, which IMO, all those found to be cheating should have had a life ban. The game last Friday, showed how good the Falcons were under Dean's direction to take advantage of a side that IMO stopped playing at 68mins and thought naively that it could be won without the ball. I don't believe Dean would have employed such a disastrous tactic, I don't believe it is in his rugby repertoire? Who wouldn't raise a smile having secured a playoff spot and top flight ERC status. May be the model he and Rob adopt is one that should be intensely looked at by the Tigers for next season when they may possibly be playing second tier ERC?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

hate to say this but I saw Dorian West smile as well. Mind you, both of them would, given the results.