LEICESTER TIGERS 2017/18 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 3!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2017/18 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 3!

Post by sapajo »

I would think we would benefit from parting ways with:-

Kitchener, Cilliers, Ryan, Brady, Williams, Traynor, Baumann and controversially Evans (injury prone) and Thompstone (passed his best, Holmes is the future)

Time will tell but fact is it will be limited to Cilliers as the rest are still in contract?
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

JackFlashJonny wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 10:02 am The worrying thing is how on earth people cannot see that is a joke...especially with the :smt030 :smt030 :smt030 it could not be more obvious :smt017
Who has responded to RagingBull's post and indicated that they thought it was not a joke?

Secondly, I was unaware that :smt030 was universal code for "this is a joke". Apologies.

What worries me is how on earth someone can't tell the difference between "passed" and "past". The difference cannot be more obvious.

Your comment on Evans is a bit harsh, if you offload every rugby player who has had a couple of injuries, you won't be left with much of a team.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

By the sounds of it Traynor, Baumann and Ryan were only signed on a year contract and are being allowed to leave.

Williams has been told he is surplus to requirement and might be going to Sale. There was also a rumour ages ago that Thompstone might be leaving. Brady is definitely being let go, I imagine his contract has expired too.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Tiglon wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 10:56 am
JackFlashJonny wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 10:02 am The worrying thing is how on earth people cannot see that is a joke...especially with the :smt030 it could not be more obvious :smt017
Who has responded to RagingBull's post and indicated that they thought it was not a joke?

Secondly, I was unaware that :smt030 was universal code for "this is a joke". Apologies.

What worries me is how on earth someone can't tell the difference between "passed" and "past". The difference cannot be more obvious.

Your comment on Evans is a bit harsh, if you offload every rugby player who has had a couple of injuries, you won't be left with much of a team.
:smt017 Both yourself and Trendy asked if it was a joke?!...It is just pretty obvious I would say but alas the moment has passed you by so there is no need to dwell on the past here :smt030

The Evans comment wasn't me it was Sapajo and I think it is a little harsh we have been unfortunate this season to have our two stand out 7's injured quite a lot as both Evans and BOC have the potential to be great 7's

Maybe time for a new section RB with confirmed ins/outs so it is clear for all?
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

My mistake I clearly had a senior moment over Welsh surnames! I actually meant Gareth Owen and not Will Evans 😢
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

sapajo wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 11:30 am My mistake I clearly had a senior moment over Welsh surnames! I actually meant Gareth Owen and not Will Evans 😢
I used to go out with a Welsh girl who had 36DDs. It was a ridiculously long name.

[coat]
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

JackFlashJonny wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 11:18 am
Tiglon wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 10:56 am
JackFlashJonny wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 10:02 am The worrying thing is how on earth people cannot see that is a joke...especially with the :smt030 it could not be more obvious :smt017

Both yourself and Trendy asked if it was a joke?!...It is just pretty obvious I would say but alas the moment has passed you by so there is no need to dwell on the past here :smt030

The Evans comment wasn't me it was Sapajo and I think it is a little harsh we have been unfortunate this season to have our two stand out 7's injured quite a lot as both Evans and BOC have the potential to be great 7's

Sorry, turns out I'm not very good at reading!

I think both me and Trendy assumed it was almost certainly a joke but wanted to double check as it seemed completely out of the blue and out of context in the thread (unless I missed something), hence the "that is a joke, right?!" rather than "I Can't believe we're getting rid of Toomua!" :smt001
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

JackFlashJonny wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 11:18 am
I'm going to do one next week after the Sale game hoping we will get a confirmed list some time after that.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 11:00 am By the sounds of it Traynor, Baumann and Ryan were only signed on a year contract and are being allowed to leave.

Williams has been told he is surplus to requirement and might be going to Sale. There was also a rumour ages ago that Thompstone might be leaving. Brady is definitely being let go, I imagine his contract has expired too.
Can't see thompstone going with malouf and brady off.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

You got to say our turnover of players is a red flag to issues. Whether it is a cause of the issues or simply symptomatic I'm not quite sure. But you look at the success stories of recent times, Chiefs, Sarries, now Falcons it's built over a period of time and the turnover limited. We just seem to be recycling players left, right and centre, with limited progress. I know some of things might be down to the coaching upheavels. at some point there has to be a plan and some time and patience given to see that plan take shape.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

ourla wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 12:03 pm You got to say our turnover of players is a red flag to issues. Whether it is a cause of the issues or simply symptomatic I'm not quite sure. But you look at the success stories of recent times, Chiefs, Sarries, now Falcons it's built over a period of time and the turnover limited. We just seem to be recycling players left, right and centre, with limited progress. I know some of things might be down to the coaching upheavels. at some point there has to be a plan and some time and patience given to see that plan take shape.
As far as I can tell that's simply because we have turned over Head Coaches/DoR. Consistency of leadership results in consistency of player retention. This is why it would be a disaster for MOC not to work out. We would start all over and have another churn of players for the new Head Coach.

It's no surprise that the teams with the longest serving leaders have the most stable squads.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Everyone moans about squad churn, but considering the squad isn’t good enough currently, we need to ship out players to bring in better replacements.

Thompson, Mafi, Mapapalangi, O’Connor, Evans, Denton, Kalamafoni is a much better group of backrowers than what we’ve had this season for example.
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

strawclearer wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 11:36 am
I used to go out with a Welsh girl who had 36DDs. It was a ridiculously long name.
[coat]
Coat here!
It was not unusual for Welsh Valley Girls to have 36 Double Diamonds , the challenge was trying to handle them afterwards and not drop them as you guided them home! :smt030 :smt054
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

Thank goodness Sapajo corrected himself - I normally agree chapter and verse with his wise words . I too can't see much merit in keeping the welsh centre - always injured and past his best anyway . The English Evans however just needs more game time - a worthy successor to B O'C . Some of the recruitment over the past 12 months has been a joke - Traynor , Bauman , Ryan - never fit and can't be trusted even to bench .
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Such a shame about Owens injuries,hes been very good for us when hes played! Harrison,Toomua,Owen,Tuilagi has looked our best MF together