Tigers v Newcastle Falcons

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ourla
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Newcastle Falcons

Post by ourla »

You can bet on Newcastle at least up to 7/2 to win.

On the handicap the bookies think we'll win by 9.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Well its all or nothing tomorrow.

The upside is, if we lose, it couldnt be to a better Club, 'cos I hope Deano Geordie and John go and win the whole schebang.

That is, IF we lose !!
And I really hope we dont...

Anybody else agree ??
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

If we lose and don't make the playoffs I'm good with anyone winning it bar Chiefs! Fans have become ungracious as of late!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:21 pm If we lose and don't make the playoffs I'm good with anyone winning it bar Chiefs! Fans have become ungracious as of late!
I wouldn't want Wasps or Saracens to win it. (Or Gloucester if they get to the final) Would have to be Newcastle or Exeter for me.
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

It's a very strong side which is great to see as this game is massive.

Just a personal preference but I'd have stuck with Shazam at 9 as he's been excellent and with BY being out for so long and looked a bit rusty when he came on v Saints.

Also I'm hoping Fordy puts on a virtuoso display and proves a few doubters wrong.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

When we beat Newcastle at Kingston Park this year, Brendan O’Connor was all over them breakdown wise and I hope he does it again tomorrow. Shame Evans has lost out to Williams :smt012
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

You and me both postiger! It's been a long time coming!
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

JP14 wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:31 pm When we beat Newcastle at Kingston Park this year, Brendan O’Connor was all over them breakdown wise and I hope he does it again tomorrow. Shame Evans has lost out to Williams :smt012
I think, in his own understated way, BO'C is more crucial to our success than just about any other player. Just my opinion but I think we look a much better team with him in the side. Just such a shame he can't seem to stay concussion free for very long. Then, when he does get injured, we don't pick Will Evans (but that's a different story).

He'll probably have a stinker tomorrow night now I've said that!
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Will be there as usual to cheer the Tigers on. Shame the weather could spoil two attacking sides intent. From watching Newcastle on BT Joel Hodgson looks a great fly half and though I am a huge fan of Floody, this lad has run the show like Goodey did, but he is a lot faster than dear Andy !
Our home form has been awful all season so Deano will come expecting to win. Yes, a very good team out from Tigers, but like we saw v Saints, if the brains aren’t fully switched on we will lose: which Tigers will turn up?
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Ian Cant wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:01 pm Will be there as usual to cheer the Tigers on. Shame the weather could spoil two attacking sides intent. From watching Newcastle on BT Joel Hodgson looks a great fly half and though I am a huge fan of Floody, this lad has run the show like Goodey did, but he is a lot faster than dear Andy !
Our home form has been awful all season so Deano will come expecting to win. Yes, a very good team out from Tigers, but like we saw v Saints, if the brains aren’t fully switched on we will lose: which Tigers will turn up?
Hodgson was woeful against Gloucester last week mainly because he wasn’t getting any front foot ball.
It is up to our pack tomorrow to beat theirs up and we will win.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

sapajo wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:46 pm
strawclearer wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:17 pm I think......that we'll win this in style and bigly! :smt038

(Which is pretty much what I said before the Saints match :smt009 )
Struth talk about the kiss of death :smt002
If we lose this I'll be asking the mods to stop Strawclearer from posting match predictions :smt003 .
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Mark62 wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:06 pm
Ian Cant wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:01 pm Will be there as usual to cheer the Tigers on. Shame the weather could spoil two attacking sides intent. From watching Newcastle on BT Joel Hodgson looks a great fly half and though I am a huge fan of Floody, this lad has run the show like Goodey did, but he is a lot faster than dear Andy !
Hodgson was woeful against Gloucester last week mainly because he wasn’t getting any front foot ball.
It is up to our pack tomorrow to beat theirs up and we will win.
Hodgson isn't a patch on Floody, Hammersley is looking more of a weak link these days. We have to match them up front and the selection of BOC shows the coaches know we have to fragment their rhythm.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:16 pm
sapajo wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:46 pm
strawclearer wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:17 pm I think......that we'll win this in style and bigly! :smt038

(Which is pretty much what I said before the Saints match :smt009 )
Struth talk about the kiss of death :smt002
If we lose this I'll be asking the mods to stop Strawclearer from posting match predictions :smt003 .
So will I!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

POSTIGER wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:31 pm It's a very strong side which is great to see as this game is massive.

Just a personal preference but I'd have stuck with Shazam at 9 as he's been excellent and with BY being out for so long and looked a bit rusty when he came on v Saints.

Also I'm hoping Fordy puts on a virtuoso display and proves a few doubters wrong.
It’s always a risk with folk returning from injury with little game time. I think I’d have preferred Toomua as captain TBH. Hope the forecast poor weather doesn’t mean it will be a kicking game...
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Newcastle will play regardless. It's what we do that worries me. Kicking back to their back three and if the kick chase isn't spot on then we're in trouble.