Transfers & Rumours Non Tigers 2016/17

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non Tigers 2016/17

Post by Robespierre »

JP14 wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:59 pm Charlie Matthews will be leaving Harlequins at the end of the season, certainly wouldn’t mind coming to us. I definitely rate him.
Not for me! There's this boy coming from Jersey who seems to be very promising and Spencer from Worcester who will be good for Tigers.
Semper in excretia
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Robespierre wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:10 pm
JP14 wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:59 pm Charlie Matthews will be leaving Harlequins at the end of the season, certainly wouldn’t mind coming to us. I definitely rate him.
Not for me! There's this boy coming from Jersey who seems to be very promising and Spencer from Worcester who will be good for Tigers.
Ok maybe on second thoughts we can’t fit him in but he is definitely a quality team player who has an engine and is a cog player in my eyes
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

I see Tom Arscott has joined Deano at Newcastle Rulebenders. Who knows what skullduggery those two might get up to together?
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

trendylfj wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:51 am Exeter have just announced that they have "promoted" 13 academy prospects into their senior group for next year. They are doing a brilliant job down there.

https://www.exeterchiefs.co.uk/news/new ... ext-season
I look at what Exeter take in and see similar traits to what Leicester have often turned away in recent years.
Their seven pillars philosophy is a sound approach.
WildGoose
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by WildGoose »

Oddly I've heard the opposite from a mate at Quins (NB - not a playing member, I don't have dressing room intel!) and apparently he is considered the epitome of a "big time Charlie"...

I'm sure he's handy, just think we can do better on/off pitch
JP14 wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:25 pm
Robespierre wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:10 pm
Ok maybe on second thoughts we can’t fit him in but he is definitely a quality team player who has an engine and is a cog player in my eyes
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Wow,just read Twomey is being let go. Must be the injuries because this guy is a very good player when fit,worth a risk?
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

One of the Harlequins is definitely leaving for NZ (Charlie Piper) wonder if others are going there as well
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Why is it that players at another club are somehow better than ones we already have? Quins discard two locks in their mid twenties and immediately there are suggestions we sign them as obviously they are great players and better than those already in our squad, or maybe they are not and that is why Quins have struggled this season and why they are not retaining these players.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Err I did mention his injuries which must be the reason. Matthews is pish ,Twomey is a good player,ask any Quins fan,him and Horwill are their best pairing by far
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:51 pm Err I did mention his injuries which must be the reason. Matthews is pish ,Twomey is a good player,ask any Quins fan,him and Horwill are their best pairing by far
Yeah, Twomey is excellent when fit. So that's for about 6 weeks each season...

Matthews is a conundrum. He's not pish, by any means. In terms of actual talent, he's top drawer. He's just incredibly inconsistent and appears to have no real dog in him. Which means that on a good day he's a stand-out, but equally often he might as well not be on the pitch. When things aren't going his way he won't throw himself around and try and get into the game, he'll just get bullied and float off and be ineffectual somewhere on the fringes..

Real shame - he wasn't far off Launchbury's level when they were playing together for the U20s.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Fissler now suggesting Paddy Jackson and Stuart Olding might be heading to Sale. If true (and I doubt it is) he would join Israel Folau if that rumour is true (which I also doubt). Steve Diamond might be looking to get a grant for opening up a rehab centre?
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

I believe it. Dimes has a track record of taking on loose cannon,Cips and JOC etc
TigerMac3
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by TigerMac3 »

So... Gloucester supposedly confirmed the signing of both Franco Mostert and Gerbrandt Grobler. Chuck in Slater and that’s some serious 2nd row power. Off for a cry...
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

TigerMac3 wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:10 am So... Gloucester supposedly confirmed the signing of both Franco Mostert and Gerbrandt Grobler. Chuck in Slater and that’s some serious 2nd row power. Off for a cry...
Where's the Mostert rumour I know TRP said something last week but reckon he might of heard SA lock to Glous done deal and thought it was Mostert and not Grobler.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:31 am
TigerMac3 wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:10 am So... Gloucester supposedly confirmed the signing of both Franco Mostert and Gerbrandt Grobler. Chuck in Slater and that’s some serious 2nd row power. Off for a cry...
Where's the Mostert rumour I know TRP said something last week but reckon he might of heard SA lock to Glous done deal and thought it was Mostert and not Grobler.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.glou ... 512504.amp

Looks to be both. Glaws will have a very strong second row next season.