Paddy Jackson

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Re: Paddy Jackson

Post by Chobbsy »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:42 pm As I was driving to work I heard that Paddy Jackson was being released by Ulster. Would people be happy to have him at the club or not?
He has been found not guilty, is proven class and probably won’t be playing for Ireland for the foreseeable future. He is an upgrade on Joe Ford.
However would the club and us supporters want the scrutiny that comes with this signing and the fall out from various groups?
Regardless of the fact that he has been found not guilty, Ulster have sacked him, that for me says a lot, there must be more to it, so from me "thanks but not thanks"
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

I believe that Clermont are interested in signing him.
Semper in excretia
BIttySmalls

Post by BIttySmalls »

It would be worth signing one of them just to see if those sitting atop Mount Pious follow through with their threats to 'never support the club again'. I would suggest it is all virtue signalling bluster.

Maybe we should all make our personal messaging accounts public and see how many people take offence? I would suggest that in this era of 'seeking to be offended' that everyone's account would have issues for someone.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

He may have been found not guilty but it would seem there was behaviour that many would consider dishonourable and unacceptable.

By the sound of it Ulster felt this way and sacked him and wouldn't be happy if Tigers looked at it any differently.
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

He's not guilty of rape.

He's admitted to some pretty :censored: behaviour.

If he came to the club would any of you be happy if your ten year old kid thought he was awesome and looked at him as a role model?
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

JP14 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:52 pm As a determined egalitarian, I would too cancel my season ticket effective immediately if Paddy Jackson came here. Though I highly doubt the club will sign Jackson, it is still imperative for the club to know how the fans will react should the former Irish international come here. I’m all for 2nd chances, but sometimes people stand too far off the mark.
Are you deliberately ignoring my earlier question or have you missed it?

Why will you choose to support Exeter when they are one of the clubs rumoured to be interested in signing Paddy Jackson?
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Robespierre wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:38 am I believe that Clermont are interested in signing him.
Don't thinks they are - the word "trust" appears often in the article - https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/sport/rug ... t-14538773
Hehehehehehehehe
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

ellis9 wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:46 pm
JP14 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:52 pm As a determined egalitarian, I would too cancel my season ticket effective immediately if Paddy Jackson came here. Though I highly doubt the club will sign Jackson, it is still imperative for the club to know how the fans will react should the former Irish international come here. I’m all for 2nd chances, but sometimes people stand too far off the mark.
Are you deliberately ignoring my earlier question or have you missed it?

Why will you choose to support Exeter when they are one of the clubs rumoured to be interested in signing Paddy Jackson?
I think you misunderstood my previous post. I will only support Exeter if they are in the Premiership Final which I am going to as I would rather support them then a plastic club such as Saracens or Wasps. I don’t really care if Exeter sign Jackson, I would disappointed if an English club took Jackson it, that’s all. I don’t support Exeter, I only support Tigers and Quins.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

ellis9 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:50 pm
JP14 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:30 pm
Smudge wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:41 pm Sorry, .You are judging him when proper judges and a jury found him Not Guilty. That is how justice works.
I am also sorry if "laddish" offends you but you have clearly not been on any rugby tours. The motto for which is usually, "what happens on tour, stays on tour".
You can’t apply to that to most things anymore, it’s why places are reluctant to take in teams because of what can go on and it also why my “tour” this is to the Premiership Final where I will be supporting Exeter if they make it as their a family club with traditional values and got a good financial structure without the need for sugar daddies.
Do you want to try that in English?

You do realise Exeter are rumoured to be interested in signing Jackson don't you?

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/jackson- ... nd-france/

https://www.ruck.co.uk/transfer-rumours ... rt-olding/
I did also ask for it in English as I couldn't make sense of it.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Good grief-----------I have read these anti Jackson posts with some incredulity. I'll wager anyone who has been on a Rugby Tour, or any other Tour for that matter, has come across women who inhabit ''places'' where they can pick up or be picked up. They dont go there for any other reason than to meet up with someone, in the main. Many women allow drink to dull their senses, thoroughly enjoy their moments of pleasure and then , when sober, some start to regret what they let themselves in for. Especially if their boyfriend finds out, then the lies fly..............So the cant and hypocrisy is laughable, especially as the lads were found NOT GUILTY.
I'll bet a number of current Rugby Players have replicated what these two got up to, just like dozens of nancyballers, and every other sport going. But they werent caught out.....
This behaviour will replicate every minute, every night, all over the world..
JWM
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by JWM »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:42 pm As I was driving to work I heard that Paddy Jackson was being released by Ulster. Would people be happy to have him at the club or not?
He has been found not guilty, is proven class and probably won’t be playing for Ireland for the foreseeable future. He is an upgrade on Joe Ford.
However would the club and us supporters want the scrutiny that comes with this signing and the fall out from various groups?
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES.
ST in new Clubhouse stand ... sadly, my back's no longer up to standing :-(
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

ellis9 wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:23 pm
JP14 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:30 pm

You can’t apply to that to most things anymore, it’s why places are reluctant to take in teams because of what can go on and it also why my “tour” this is to the Premiership Final where I will be supporting Exeter if they make it as their a family club with traditional values and got a good financial structure without the need for sugar daddies.

You do realise Exeter are rumoured to be interested in signing Jackson don't you?

And I corrected it, see above
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

JP14 wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:34 am
ellis9 wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:23 pm

And I corrected it, see above
Yet still not answered my question.

Let me re-phrase it. If Exeter reach the final and Tigers don't and Exeter announce they are signing Jackson, would you still support them?
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Major point being missed here.

The trial over, Ulster Rugby accepted the verdict. However, they then looked at the social media traffic of the two players both before and after the incident and they were sacked for that. Not, therefore, for a drunken frolic but for on-going, hard-core mysogenistic, brutal views.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Old Hob wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:39 pm Major point being missed here.

The trial over, Ulster Rugby accepted the verdict. However, they then looked at the social media traffic of the two players both before and after the incident and they were sacked for that. Not, therefore, for a drunken frolic but for on-going, hard-core mysogenistic, brutal views.
:smt023
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives