Tigers v Saints predictions

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Saints predictions

Post by JP14 »

No Tigers players were as worse as the simply awful woman sitting behind me, thought she was an expert on rugby but she didn’t know what she was talking about. Kept wanting the injured players to hurry up, kept shouting isolated when players weren’t isolated and kept saying cynical when she didn’t even knew what it meant.
:smt013 :smt013 :smt013
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:30 pm MOC got his tactics completely wrong but also thought the ref was pretty lax with saints, Both the Saints props seemed to not know the meaning of the word straight.

Reckon MOC was banking on Saints not playing a 7 at 7 which they did.
Agree both this and Stephen 18. I see MOCs previous weaknesses as a coach on display
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:01 pm An excellent line which he overran then impeded by pulling on his shirt,that try would've been scored either way in the next phase or two. You're reaching now!
Please I’ve seen more suspicious obstructions ignored by officials especially by the :censored Pests
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

A class head coach with guts would have taken off Youngs & Mapapalangi after 30 minutes, MOC showed again today he is just an attack coach, nothing more.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Questioning Worth's obstruction really JP? Leave it now please,it was one if the most blatant I've ever seen.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Can’t believe that performance. The last 5 games of hard work thrown away in 80 minutes. The players looked like they thought they just had to turn up to win. Disgraceful attitude and a **** take to all the fans.

Youngs and Cole were two of the worst players on the pitch. Given that they are big name players in the squad, their performances were unacceptable for a derby at Welford Road. As one the captain and other international, we expect better and rightly so.

Cole definitely looks in need of a rest. Looked very slow in defence and a bit of a liability. Was Cilliers injured?

Also Hamilton and Mapapalangi were poor. Didn’t disrupt the breakdown or carry well.
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Greenwhiteandred »

Stephen18 has got it bang on in my opinion. Last few games we have earns the right to go out wide by the big men making multiple carriers over the gain line with quick ruck ball. I can guarantee that Kalimafoni had far less carries today than in any of the prior 4-5 matches (even though I thought he had a good game but was massively under utilised). The tactics were completely wrong and should have been changed early in 2nd half. Clearly other factors contributed to our loss eg line out, discipline, weak defence but we absolutely shout ourselves in the foot offensively.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

We should have been in a position where it shouldn’t have mattered if the try was given or not. Matt Toomua’s pass to Hamilton was indescribably woeful. I’ve passed better in wet conditions off my weak hand!!!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Greenwhiteandred wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:13 pm Stephen18 has got it bang on in my opinion. Last few games we have earns the right to go out wide by the big men making multiple carriers over the gain line with quick ruck ball. I can guarantee that Kalimafoni had far less carries today than in any of the prior 4-5 matches (even though I thought he had a good game but was massively under utilised). The tactics were completely wrong and should have been changed early in 2nd half. Clearly other factors contributed to our loss eg line out, discipline, weak defence but we absolutely shout ourselves in the foot offensively.
22 carries v Saints
26 v Bath
12 v Wasps
25 v Worcester
17 v Sarries
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

Thanks Raging Bull - I was 50% wrong 😄
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Greenwhiteandred wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:13 pm Stephen18 has got it bang on in my opinion. Last few games we have earns the right to go out wide by the big men making multiple carriers over the gain line with quick ruck ball. I can guarantee that Kalimafoni had far less carries today than in any of the prior 4-5 matches (even though I thought he had a good game but was massively under utilised). The tactics were completely wrong and should have been changed early in 2nd half. Clearly other factors contributed to our loss eg line out, discipline, weak defence but we absolutely shout ourselves in the foot offensively.
Kalimafoni made 22 carries for 70 meters, they also used Genge (12 for 75 meters), but still Kitchener and Fitzgerald made 11 carriers for a grand total of 5 meters. These two rarely punch their weight carrying.
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

Was using Kalimafoni as an example - however I think my main point stands. Also 4-5 of K’s carries were from kick offs (maybe Wasps and Sarries he didn’t return kick offs) rather than us using him as a tool to get over the gain line. Seemed like our main weapon was putting Hamilton at centre from line outs rather than our most consistent and effective back row ball carrier. If it ain’t broke why change it. But multiple forward front foot ball carrying was not evident today
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

It smacked of MOC today,poor gameplan,pointless rotation,Lancasteresque laptop premeditated subs. TY was a great player,don't anybody dare mixup the player and the man,but he isn't now. He doesn't deal with pressure well,or sir,and he's too tunnel visioned. He cost us 17 points today and I'd give it Toomua.
TheRock

Post by TheRock »

Number of passes vs Bath
Harrison 112
Ford 41
Toomua 15

Number of passes vs saints
Harrison 62
Ford 50
Toomua 26

http://www.espn.co.uk/rugby/playerstats ... gue=267979

http://www.espn.co.uk/rugby/playerstats ... gue=267979

Bath, sarries, Worcester wins all came from simplifying the game plan and playing mostly off 9. Today we went back to the side to side stuff. Such a massive change from a week ago must of been part of the tactics from the coaches.

Wasn't the only reason we lost, lineout and defence were bad, but I just don't get why we went back to how we were attacking before instead of sticking with what was working.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Despite the repeated promises that they knew that Saints would be a desperate and hungry animal, I suspect the gut feeling that we were going to thump them took over and MOC most have thought that we would walk over Saints so we went back to side-to-side attack rugby