Tigers v Saints predictions

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers v Saints predictions

Post by fortysix »

What and I do not understand, and I hinted last week, is why Ford dclines penalties at goal, unless its a gimme. Today we would have been 3-0 up immediately, and we see to be rushing all the time, pushing pushing for that magic 5 points.

All the French teams automatically put points on the board as and when , and if we had done so today, nothwithstanding the three butchered tries, we would have won, with time to spare.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

100% disagree TB. Sarries were bitten last year losing to Chiefs the week after winning the European final. That cost them dearly with Chiefs having the luxury of a week off,if Sarries are guaranteed a home SF they will absolutely rest players,no doubt whatsoever.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Just got back, been drowning my sorrows!

Appalling performance. Line out and tackling/defence were truly abysmal, lacked any accuracy in attack.

I have to work in Northampton and am not a happy bunny tonight, the players let us down badly today. No excuses.
Soggypitch
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

fortysix wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:10 pm What and I do not understand, and I hinted last week, is why Ford dclines penalties at goal, unless its a gimme. Today we would have been 3-0 up immediately, and we see to be rushing all the time, pushing pushing for that magic 5 points.

All the French teams automatically put points on the board as and when , and if we had done so today, nothwithstanding the three butchered tries, we would have won, with time to spare.
I think that was Tom Youngs decision
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

sapajo wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:36 pm MOC shares my opinion of Carley in his post match interview on BBC radio Leicester. That said it was more diplomatic but he was clearly very unhappy about him and our performance!
Shows again his weakness as a coach, for me there where no issues with the ref, MOC got his tactics wrong, we’ve been successful over the last few weeks keeping the ball tight, clearing quick ball, then all of a sudden today we kept going wider quicker to drawing their players in, and failed to change it again when it wasn’t working like earlier in the season, made changes we didn’t need to like Tatafu not starting for Youngs and didn’t change what we did need to, it was proven we need an out and out 7 , but choose to keep in Mapapalangi at 6 forcing Hamilton to play 7 which he’s not, and stuck to his pre planned changes and times even though it was clear that Youngs and Mapapalangi needed to come off at half time instead he wasted a further 15 and 25 mins, and whats the point of bring Wells on With 2 mins left when neither Fitzgerald or Kitchener where doing anything. The lose was all on him and the players, northampton defence was good but we lost that through not taking chances and stupid errors,.
And is there a team in the premiership who have score less points against teams whilst they’ve got players in the sin bin than us.
Last edited by Stephen18 on Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

MOC got his tactics completely wrong but also thought the ref was pretty lax with saints, Both the Saints props seemed to not know the meaning of the word straight.

Reckon MOC was banking on Saints not playing a 7 at 7 which they did.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Great post Stephen!
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Blimey, where have you lot been for the last few games !? Two wins should see us into the Top 4, which considering where we were in January is a miracle. That said, lineout was abysmal today and we butchered enough chances to win that game comfortably.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

A 7 at 7? Who was that? Harrison is an 8 all day,not an international one but a very good domestic one. Which makes it all the more embarrassing!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:34 pm A 7 at 7? Who was that? Harrison is an 8 all day,not an international one but a very good domestic one. Which makes it all the more embarrassing!
Please Harrison isn't a 8, he's a 7 all the saints fans know it watch him play and it's clear 7 is his best position,too small to be an proper 8.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

As poor as sir was today, IMHO, we were the masters of our own downfall. Missed tackles, lord knows how many botched linrouts, silly penalties. I know the game is played on the edge with small margins being the difference, but don't give the ref a chance to ping you for daft things like that pullback in midfield in the second half.

We win the last two, we are in the top 4. But we won't win the last two playing like that.

Can we have 14 more Genge's on the field please?!
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:36 pm
Rugbyflanker wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:34 pm A 7 at 7? Who was that? Harrison is an 8 all day,not an international one but a very good domestic one. Which makes it all the more embarrassing!
Please Harrison isn't a 8, he's a 7 all the saints fans know it watch him play and it's clear 7 is his best position,too small to be an proper 8.
Agreed, RagingBull
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Harrison is an 8 all day,bar in an England shirt,carries far better in space and the wider channels. He doesn't get anywhere near the 7 shirt when Wood and Gibson are both fit.
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

I know we’re all disappointed - but come on, surely I’m not alone in wanting to draw attention to the fantastic performance by Saints?! They were disciplined, committed and outplayed us in every aspect of the game.

Decent game for the referee as well - the predictable carping about him is frankly not a good look. Much better to just take it on the chin and accept Tigers were squarely beaten by the better team on the day.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Yes the referee had no influence on the result whatsoever