Tigers v Saints predictions

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Saints predictions

Post by sapajo »

MOC shares my opinion of Carley in his post match interview on BBC radio Leicester. That said it was more diplomatic but he was clearly very unhappy about him and our performance!
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

sapajo wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:36 pm MOC shares my opinion of Carley in his post match interview on BBC radio Leicester. That said it was more diplomatic but he was clearly very unhappy about him and our performance!
I'm far from an expert, but I didn't see any match turning decisions by the ref that were unjust.
Last edited by Robespierre on Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Semper in excretia
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Not surprising blaming Carley by MOC,heard every excuse in the book by him at Leinster!
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

My views from the game

Toomua made three errors that cost us tries. Youngs line out throws were a joke.
Too many players static when receiving the ball.
Referee very inconsistent.
Play offs are now a distant chance.
Players thought that they could turn up and win easily.

Gutted and very disappointed.
:smt022
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

G.K wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:28 pm I think Quins demonstrated very well what can happen if you turn up expecting the result to be a formality, it wasn't so long ago Tigers lost to Wuzz at WR. Tigers need to win, full stop.
Tigers were generally poor, apart from Genge the forwards were lethargic and lacked intentisty along with a general lack of precision across the team. Back row second best again, similar to how they were in the middle of winter. I did warn about this. :smt009
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

At least Toomua broke the line and gave us options,Ford was far worse,offered nothing. I'd put the house on us winning today if Matt was at FH!
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:44 pm At least Toomua broke the line and gave us options,Ford was far worse,offered nothing. I'd put the house on us winning today if Matt was at FH!
Perhaps. But you would have needed a fit Tait, Owen and Manu to offer any threat in the centre. That's a weakness we've had all season. As well as a dysfunctional back row. No dedicated 7 cost us today.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:27 pm Glad someone agrees me re Ford! 70% possession and on the front foot most of the game and your FH should be mustard,don't get the attraction with him at all.
I was never in favour of Ford being swapped for Burns. I've seen very little this season to persuade me I was wrong.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

We have had a centre crisis every end of season run in for the last 5 seasons at least!
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

More people blaming Ford than Youngs.
Our lineout was far more costly than Ford, the backline looked good IMO when it got quick ball in space, some hands from the likes of Veainu didn't help at times.

Agree with the backrow balance we looked better v Bath with Evans at 7 and the same happened today.

Also what is going on and us giving pointless penatlies? Worth during the disallowed try, Kalamafoni in the saints 22 discipline.
HantsTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by HantsTiger »

Lack of line speed was the thing that bothered me most, we were static too often and Saints could pick their lines. Did we train this week or go on holiday?

We screwed up earlier in the season, this shouldn't have derailed our top 4. This was a one-off free hit for Saints and they were bang up for it, we looked like we just needed to turn up and walk away with a big fat 5, instead we got a fat lip....

Too many changes from last week, I appreciate that Tait was enforced, but we saw what OTY brought from the bench and that was what we needed again this week.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

I said the same G.K and was ridiculed on here!
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:54 pm More people blaming Ford than Youngs.
Our lineout was far more costly than Ford, the backline looked good IMO when it got quick ball in space, some hands from the likes of Veainu didn't help at times.

Agree with the backrow balance we looked better v Bath with Evans at 7 and the same happened today.

Also what is going on and us giving pointless penatlies? Worth during the disallowed try, Kalamafoni in the saints 22 discipline.
I agree, whilst Tigers had possession I'm not sure how much was front-foot. Lineout incompetence cost Tigers dear.

The dull penalties are infuriating, gains nothing and costs dear.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

I blame Saracens.......hammering Saints last week set them up with more determination and they got the result.....Tigers were not great and East Midlands derbies are never won in paper.
For top four, Tigers needs two wins and they should make it.
Gloucester have Sarries away on the last day of the season and I would not expect Sarries to want a defeat even if they have got the home semi final in the bag.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

It’s fair to say we created enough chances to win the game but butchered them either with backs giving up the ball in the final phase/s or the lineout crumbling when we’d kicked to the corner instead of taking points.

I’d suggest that the backs got us into roughly the right areas on most occasions but we just didn’t have the accuracy or discipline to convert them.