Tigers v Saints predictions

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Saints predictions

Post by JP14 »

strawclearer wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:57 pm A tweet from Nick Mullins that I thought worth repeating...

"The pack Saints can’t pick for Welford Road: Brookes, Hartley, Ford-Robinson, Lawes, Day, Ribbans, Wood, Brüssow. No Mallinder either. Just what you need for a trip to the nearest & dearest."
Brookes was probably dropped so he wouldn’t get embarrassed by Genge again. Hill will make reasonably opposition to Genge but Cole will have a field day with Ma’afu
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

I know I'm pushing it but on paper we should be able to put 50 points on this team who have nothing but pride at stake.

It's some time since I've felt this level of confidence in the team and assuming a good 5 pointer and with the sharks playing the falcons I look forward to enjoying a glass or two tomorrow night :smt030
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

I'll wait till 5pm tomorrow before celebrating.....
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

jgriffin wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:49 pm I'll wait till 5pm tomorrow before celebrating.....
So you're expecting to be celebrating? :smt002
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

Saints pack is certainly below par but their backs contain some fine players . I don't think it will be quite as easy as some think .
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

strawclearer wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:57 pm A tweet from Nick Mullins that I thought worth repeating...

"The pack Saints can’t pick for Welford Road: Brookes, Hartley, Ford-Robinson, Lawes, Day, Ribbans, Wood, Brüssow. No Mallinder either. Just what you need for a trip to the nearest & dearest."
That is a lot of really good players out! Good back line tho' Just hope there is no complacency from the Tigers? Patience needed by the bucket full.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

I think Quins demonstrated very well what can happen if you turn up expecting the result to be a formality, it wasn't so long ago Tigers lost to Wuzz at WR. Tigers need to win, full stop.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

loretta wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:45 pm Given that Wasps have also got to play Saints, along with Wuss and Newcastle, we have to keep winning and win well if we're to avoid dropping below 3rd.

The good thing is, we can!
Of course they can :smt027 :smt027
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Timmers
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Timmers »

Loving the Bench.

Wells and particularly Evans providing much needed energy, good to see worth on the bench and Holmes, the 2nd fastest player in the squad deserves a run out after injury 👍
Matt smith was the obvious choice as the most reliable replacement for Tait/manu. Lack of pace is far outweighed by reliability in the tackle, clear out qualities and positional sense across the back line.

Lots of excitement in the back line all because the forwards have found their feet. I expect scrum dominance throughout and hope for a comfortable home win.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

The only consistency in Saints’ season is that after each thumping they have bounced back with some impressive victories. Having supported Tigers home and away for 50 + years I have seen some real upsets caused by us v Saints like them taking our amazing unbeaten home record in the season they got relegated. I enjoyed our win at Twickers even though we had probably the least away support I have seen for years! Perform like we did v Bath in the second half and we will win- perform like we did in the first half v Wasps and Bath and it will be a long afternoon! This is what makes Saints V Tigers such a great game: form really does go out of the window. Saints have said some time ago they want to do the double over us! Shout loud and be proud. TIGERS.
Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tomvarndell »

Ian Cant wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:26 pm The only consistency in Saints’ season is that after each thumping they have bounced back with some impressive victories. Having supported Tigers home and away for 50 + years I have seen some real upsets caused by us v Saints like them taking our amazing unbeaten home record in the season they got relegated. I enjoyed our win at Twickers even though we had probably the least away support I have seen for years! Perform like we did v Bath in the second half and we will win- perform like we did in the first half v Wasps and Bath and it will be a long afternoon! This is what makes Saints V Tigers such a great game: form really does go out of the window. Saints have said some time ago they want to do the double over us! Shout loud and be proud. TIGERS.
Ive read what you've said but think you are wrong. You say saints have bounced back after each thumping they've received with some impressive victories. Well bar game one when Sarries whipped them that's not really happened. In fact it has not. They won four on the bounce after losing to Sarries and have only won twice since then so you saying they've bounced back with some impressive victories after each thumping is just wrong. Saints have pretty much been poor since October.
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

I’m more worried about this game than some others recently. The fact it is at home gives me confidence but whilst I hope I’m wrong I’d doubt there will be more than 2 scores in it at the end.

And I’m usually optimistic!
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Here we go,coyt! Got butterflies lol
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Great start! TY back to his old self though!
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Where were our guards?! Junior level rugby!