Tigers v Saints predictions

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ellis9
Super User
Super User

Tigers v Saints predictions

Post by ellis9 »

I cannot wait for this match! It cannot come quickly enough!

How do we think this game will go?

Tigers put 50+ points on them?
Tigers win by 20-50?
Tigers win by 10-20?
Tigers win by 1-10?
Saints win? :smt022
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Saints predictions

Post by Mark62 »

Tigers to win by 10 - 20 with a tbp
jamie1880

Post by jamie1880 »

ellis9 wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:07 am I cannot wait for this match! It cannot come quickly enough!

Tigers win by 20-50?
Tigers win by 10-20?
Tigers win by 1-10?
I think it'll be a classic Tigers performance. It'll be tight for a while and then we suddenly break away and win by 20. Saints will be up for it, but they just lack quality in crucial areas.

Very excited. The least nervous we've been for a midlands derby in a while?
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

I am superstitious so will not indulge in any predictions. Thats said, I have no doubt that the Saints team on saturday will not be the same as that thrashed last week by Sorries, it will be a 180 degree turnround in performance, attitude and motivation. No doubt Hartley and Lawes will return and they did us over at the cabbage patch so we cannot afford to be complacent. I believe that we must be at the top of our game to get the win. The Saints home game is the always the most stressful game of the season for me and I hope that we can triumph.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

sapajo wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:45 am I am superstitious so will not indulge in any predictions. Thats said, I have no doubt that the Saints team on saturday will not be the same as that thrashed last week by Sorries, it will be a 180 degree turnround in performance, attitude and motivation. No doubt Hartley and Lawes will return and they did us over at the cabbage patch so we cannot afford to be complacent. I believe that we must be at the top of our game to get the win. The Saints home game is the always the most stressful game of the season for me and I hope that we can triumph.
Lawes has had surgery on his leg, Hartley is having issues with concussion recovery.
Baring medical miracles would be surprised to see either on Saturday
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

jamie1880 wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:42 amI think it'll be a classic Tigers performance. It'll be tight for a while and then we suddenly break away and win by 20. Saints will be up for it, but they just lack quality in crucial areas.

Very excited. The least nervous we've been for a midlands derby in a while?
I'll take that type of performance everyday rather than racing into a lead, looking comfortable, not getting a TBP and then having Saints come back at us in the 2nd half.

I'll always be nervous about it, too many variables in a local derby.

As much as I hated his move there, we need to keep Gibson in his box, despite likes/dislikes he is a good player, very effective.

I'd also be more concerned if Saints play Tom Collins, good finisher and needs to be stopped early.

Keep Thommo away from a flying George North.

One prediction I'll make is that it'll be a niggly match and there'll probably be 2 or more yellow cards - wouldn't be a derby without them :smt002

Despite relative performances of late, I'll take a win by a point but hope for a more emphatic result. Tigers by 10-20 hopefully with a TBP.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tomvarndell »

As long as it's dry and Tigers keep 15 men on the field for 70 of the 80 mins I'd be surprised if we win by less than 20points. The keeping 15 men on the field part is the key for me. Saints are in a bad place at the moment but a red card or a number of yellows against us will change the whole dynamics of the game for me. I really want us to keep this momentum going and anything less than a decent winning margin will be disappointing as I know what the other three top sides would do to Saints at the moment if gifted a home game against them.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Tomvarndell wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:28 am As long as it's dry and Tigers keep 15 men on the field for 70 of the 80 mins I'd be surprised if we win by less than 20points. The keeping 15 men on the field part is the key for me. Saints are in a bad place at the moment but a red card or a number of yellows against us will change the whole dynamics of the game for me. I really want us to keep this momentum going and anything less than a decent winning margin will be disappointing as I know what the other three top sides would do to Saints at the moment if gifted a home game against them.
Do we know who Sir is yet. I haven’t seen any announcement
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Rather hoping our front row will have their front row for breakfast, lunch and dinner - in which case, we'll see our backs go through the full a la carte menu!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tomvarndell »

Yes Sir is more important than normal for this game. I'm certain Northampton's game plan won't be to play glorious running rugby and to target our front row in a fair contest. I got a feeling they'll be trying to kill the game wherever possible and to wind up one or two of out more volatile players so to speak. They'll be quite happy to be involved in a boring stop start arm wrestling contest.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

ellis9 wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:07 am I cannot wait for this match! It cannot come quickly enough!

Tigers win by 20-50?
Tigers win by 10-20?
Tigers win by 1-10?
Manu, said on Saturday that he would be fit for this game, I also heard a rumour that BY would be also it and on the bench
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

Hopefully we'll just keep rolling on and there won't be a reaction from them.
cheers
Rich
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

I expect we will need to keep rigid discipline and knacker them for 60 mins, then roll them over. They will be 101% niggle, spoil, injure and confrontation.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Chobbsy wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:53 pm

Tigers win by 20-50?
Tigers win by 10-20?
Tigers win by 1-10?
Manu, said on Saturday that he would be fit for this game, I also heard a rumour that BY would be also it and on the bench
I thought he said 3 to 4 weeks from injury date and he hoped to be back for the last 2 games
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Mark62 wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:33 pm
Chobbsy wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:53 pm

Tigers win by 20-50?
Tigers win by 10-20?
Tigers win by 1-10?
I thought he said 3 to 4 weeks from injury date and he hoped to be back for the last 2 games
Only saying what he said, but I am sure we will see when the team is announced
God created rugby so footballers have heros too