The Clash

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

norfolkexpat
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: The Clash

Post by norfolkexpat »

Must admit I think Fords reluctance to take kicks actually benefitted us .... Bath were shot physically and mentally after 60 minutes. Great forwards performance, and the backs were pretty brilliant as well.
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

Great result forwards really dragged us throught that, Kalamafoni really coming good at 8 now, really going to force the best out of Denton and Thompson if they want the 8 shirt. Youngs and Evans also made a massive impact off the bench. Only thing to look at is if Toomua takes over kicking duties, that kept them in the game for a long while.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

A real Leicester performance. Well done lads.
I'm not cynical just experienced
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Evans looks to have bulked up :smt027
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

chewbacca wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:30 pm A real Leicester performance. Well done lads.
A Leicester of old performance - dogged, gritty and tough.

we remain in 4th over the weekend.

Tompstone YC was harsh in my opinion - Wilson also has a duty of care in jumping.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Stephen18 wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:11 pm Great result forwards really dragged us throught that, Kalamafoni really coming good at 8 now, really going to force the best out of Denton and Thompson if they want the 8 shirt. Youngs and Evans also made a massive impact off the bench. Only thing to look at is if Toomua takes over kicking duties, that kept them in the game for a long while.
Wouldn't mind with Hamilton likely off up north Kalamafoni at 6 with Thompson at 8.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

westwinds31 wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:36 pm Evans looks to have bulked up :smt027
Was thinking that made some great runs into contact and gained good yardage.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Did anyone else wanted to throw something at the Television over that Channel 5 commentator’s insistence to call Kitchener Kirchener. Dear, oh dear
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Well done Worcs. Tigers are 3rd.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Coops wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:37 pm
chewbacca wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:30 pm A real Leicester performance. Well done lads.
A Leicester of old performance - dogged, gritty and tough.

we remain in 4th over the weekend.

Tompstone YC was harsh in my opinion - Wilson also has a duty of care in jumping.
YC was a farce
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Yellow card was harsh. But by the letter of the law it is a yellow sadly. Not many Tigers fans here though sadly.

Thought Evans made a good impact off the bench. Think he will be a very important player for Tigers next season.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Not quite sure how he had a duty of care to a man who had only just jumped up and kneed him in the face about half a second earlier. Until he got kicked in the face Thompson had no idea he was there. The law is nonsense, it should be the jumping player binned not the other one.
beech

Post by beech »

It would be interesting to know what the officials expected Thomstone to do. If a player jumps that high it is likely that he is going to fall. I have a high opinion of Wayne Barnes but I am sure that he got this wrong. Fortunately it didn't affect the result.
tf22
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Here’s my ratings:
Genge - Undeniably he bossed things up front initially but got too eager on a couple of occasions and Bath handled him well in the loose. 7/10

TPN - Very good shift from the Aussie, some great carries to earn hard yards and I believe only overthrew one ball at lineout time. 7.5/10

Cole - Did his bit at the scrum, disrupted ball at the breakdown and showed a pair of great hands to catch a ball he wasn’t even expecting a drive on upfield. 7/10

Fitzgerald - Subject to some powerful hits by the excellent Obano but as the game went on started to make ground. 6.5/10

Kitchener - Bit poor from Kitch today, ran onto the ball at full pelt and still couldn’t score also missed a tackle on Tom Dunn that enabled Bath to head into the sheds in the lead at halftime. 5.5/10

Mapapalangi - Wasn’t as good as last week, a bit hit & miss with the offload but put in a great hit on Wilson. 6/10

Hamilton - Trucked the ball upfield every time and disrupted ball at the breakdown. Didn’t really do anything wrong. 7/10

Kalamafoni - Surely his best performance in a Tigers shirt, the step on Faletau was class and his power and determination to gain him two tries as well as 54 metres ball in hand was mightily impressive. 8.5/10

Harrison - Did what he had to do, organised his backs and forwards reasonably well and finished well to get us the TBP. 7/10

Ford - A bit mediocre kicking wise but passing and conduction was as you have come to expect from the flyhalf. 6/10

May - One piece of lovely footwork and ever-willingness to run with the ball meant he clocked in around 50 metres. 7/10

Toomua - I think a tad anonymous from the former Wallaby, but he made his tackles and passed out of hand well. 6/10

Tait - N/A got injured.

Thompstone - Scored a try and showed up off the wing but got yellow carded needlessly when he was never in contention to jump in the 1st place. 6/10

Vieanu - One knock-on that wasn’t a knock-on in the 1st place can be forgiven for always looking a threat ball in hand as well as showing a turn of pace along with the show-&-go to score Tigers final try.

Youngs - Made a considerable impact coming off the bench. 7/10

Bateman - Didn’t do anything wrong 6/10

Mulipola - Carried the ball meaningfully 6/10

Wells - N/A came on but too late in the game to make an impact

Evans - Agressive impact from the young flanker who clocked in 22 metres in his 20 minute stint. 7/10

Simmons- Didn’t do anything wrong that was noteworthy 6/10

Smith - Came on for Tait and did his bit with some good carries upfield. 6.5/10

Olowofela - N/A didn’t come on unfortunately which is a great shame.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tomvarndell »

Great win for us. Are we, though, the only team who ever get men sin binned for deliberate knock ons? I'm still fuming from the Worcester game earlier his season where their player stayed on the pitch but also wonder today how Bath 8 doesn't get a yellow for something we seem to see yellow for. Went for it with one hand and had the ball beat him Jonny is away.