Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Wasps Sunday March 25th

Post by strawclearer »

This weekend...

Bath lost, Saints lost...and Tigers beat Wasps!

Can it get any better?
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

strawclearer wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:21 am This weekend...

Bath lost, Saints lost...and Tigers beat Wasps!

Can it get any better?
Actually a Saints win would have helped our cause for a top 4 finish but as usual Saints let us down :smt003 :smt003
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Stu_F wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:08 pm
sapajo wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:06 pm le Roux was demonstrably concussed after a head to head collision in the tackle with Polota Nau. He had blood leaking from his head down his face and was struggling to keep upright. Why no mandatory HIA it beggars belief that no one spotted it?
Wasps had no backs replacements left, would they have been entitled to put Robson back on for an HIA? Cos there was no way Daly could come back as he seemed to have seriously injured his hand, broken finger?
With a head injury like that, SURELY he should have gone off for a HIA? At the very least the ref should have asked the question if only to cover his own backside. Regardless if they had no backs left or not.
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

fleabane wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:24 pm “Genge is a monster, he is the new farmer white.”

Brilliant!

Thank you Dr H Flashman MBE, spot on!
I must admit I did like the name the TV gave Ellis "Stone Genge" It made I laugh
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Robespierre wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:27 pm That was the best game I've seen at Welford Rd for many years! Particularly the second half performance of the pack who turned the game around after having been under the cosh in the first half. I'd practically lost my voice at the final whistle but the post match beer was so much the better!
I second that, back to the days of never giving us, we were very lucky in parts, but to be the best you have to be good and lucky, lets hope this is us on the way back to being good and lucky again.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

The way I'm feeling this morning, I think I need an HIA!! The post match beer slipped down a treat but it must've been the vin rouge later in the evening that's to blame! Will the highlights be shown on tv cos I'd love to see the match again? Was it a full house? Certainly seemed to be.
Semper in excretia
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Chobbsy wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:45 am
fleabane wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:24 pm “Genge is a monster, he is the new farmer white.”

Brilliant!

Thank you Dr H Flashman MBE, spot on!
I must admit I did like the name the TV gave Ellis "Stone Genge" It made I laugh
I think we've got Nick Mullins to thank for that one.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Did anyone else think that Haskell was pretty ineffective throughout the game.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Chobbsy wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:42 am
sapajo wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:06 pm le Roux was demonstrably concussed after a head to head collision in the tackle with Polota Nau. He had blood leaking from his head down his face and was struggling to keep upright. Why no mandatory HIA it beggars belief that no one spotted it?
Wasps had no backs replacements left, would they have been entitled to put Robson back on for an HIA? Cos there was no way Daly could come back as he seemed to have seriously injured his hand, broken finger?
With a head injury like that, SURELY he should have gone off for a HIA? At the very least the ref should have asked the question if only to cover his own backside. Regardless if they had no backs left or not.
I'm no doctor, but I don't think blood from the head equals demonstrable concussion or mandatory HIA.

There are doctors to monitor this so it isn't the referee's call, or his liability.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Tiglon wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:02 am
Chobbsy wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:42 am
I'm no doctor, but I don't think blood from the head equals demonstrable concussion or mandatory HIA.

There are doctors to monitor this so it isn't the referee's call, or his liability.
It wasn't the blood I had a problem with it was what caused the blood
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Robespierre wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:41 am The way I'm feeling this morning, I think I need an HIA!! The post match beer slipped down a treat but it must've been the vin rouge later in the evening that's to blame! Will the highlights be shown on tv cos I'd love to see the match again? Was it a full house? Certainly seemed to be.
Bonjour Robespierre. Full match will be available on Aviva Premiership website in the next couple of days. Here's a link. Enjoy! Previous matches also available here.

https://www.premiershiprugby.com/full-match-video/
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:28 am
Robespierre wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:41 am The way I'm feeling this morning, I think I need an HIA!! The post match beer slipped down a treat but it must've been the vin rouge later in the evening that's to blame! Will the highlights be shown on tv cos I'd love to see the match again? Was it a full house? Certainly seemed to be.
Bonjour Robespierre. Full match will be available on Aviva Premiership website in the next couple of days. Here's a link. Enjoy! Previous matches also available here.

https://www.premiershiprugby.com/full-match-video/
Merci, votc!
Semper in excretia
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Good day out yesterday and a good game to watch in the end, being one point on the right side for the result that is!
Much better watching than the lumps flopping and boshing it out on Friday night and Saturday afternoon.
I found the ref frustrating and to be fair that's probably for both sides, very inconsistent picking up the occasional ruck infringement or feeding when it was rife throughout, I thought the hookers were supposed to try and hook these days, the inconsistent length of the advantages made up for losing an hour, and he tells them to play it at the scrum and then changes his mind to give a penalty and even changes his mind who's feed it is!
Tait's cover tackle was great and Toomua saved a try rolling Young over the line.
Polota-Nau was the difference at the set piece in my opinion, class player.
Wasps did miss Ashley Johnson to come on, Johnson v Polota-Nau would've been some clash!
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

BFG wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:51 am Good day out yesterday and a good game to watch in the end, being one point on the right side for the result that is!
Much better watching than the lumps flopping and boshing it out on Friday night and Saturday afternoon.
I found the ref frustrating and to be fair that's probably for both sides, very inconsistent picking up the occasional ruck infringement or feeding when it was rife throughout, I thought the hookers were supposed to try and hook these days, the inconsistent length of the advantages made up for losing an hour, and he tells them to play it at the scrum and then changes his mind to give a penalty and even changes his mind who's feed it is!
Tait's cover tackle was great and Toomua saved a try rolling Young over the line.
Polota-Nau was the difference at the set piece in my opinion, class player.
Wasps did miss Ashley Johnson to come on, Johnson v Polota-Nau would've been some clash!
I agree Polota-Nau was huge in the set piece but so was Genge
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

Taf and Genge coming on certainly made the difference - I thought Tom Youngs was pretty average yesterday at best and our 1st choice starting front row should surely now be Genge , Taf and Cole . Thought Kalamafoni and Hamilton were excellent yesterday,as was Kitch apart from that dreadful restart mistake . Not very impressed with Harrison - butchered a certain try , and although Simmons was a bit anxious when he came on he just has a bit more pace and threat . We were pretty lucky overall but tried hard and defended well.