Wuss vs Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Re: Wuss vs Tigers

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Good 5 points, we were probably better last week. It was very noticeable this week how much better the forwards body angle on impact was the majority of the time, let alone the angles being run by all.
The 2nd row does worry though, we need Barrow back even if he gives the odd penalty away, Kitchener seems to be in purely for lineout calling.
On an aside was Denton playing? Spencer looked to be trying too hard, didn't look any better than what we have.
2 weekends off to recover & work on bits & pieces, can we hit the ground running in 3 weeks?
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:04 pm
Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:01 pm
Gareth Owen not Owen Williams

Makes sense . (although my point re Williams still stands....)

Anyone know how long GO is meant to be out for assume pretty much for the season.
he's done for the season
BengalTiger

Post by BengalTiger »

Regarding Owen Williams I would have him back in a flash, very good player, IMHO
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Worcester made a bucket load of errors, forced and unforced, similarities to the Sarries game last weekend.
Leicester have played well the last couple of weeks, the amount of errors has been much better.
I'd give marks out of ten, but cringe!
I can't see Spencer getting into the Leicester team playing like that.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:05 pm Good 5 points, we were probably better last week. It was very noticeable this week how much better the forwards body angle on impact was the majority of the time, let alone the angles being run by all.
Spot on, I was thinking that during the game. We’re running at weak shoulders and we’re lower in the carry. Harrison does frustrate me at times, but his variety of run vs pass is keeping defences honest.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:05 pm

Anyone know how long GO is meant to be out for assume pretty much for the season.
he's done for the season
Talking of Williamsssssss...Mike Williams looked decidedly uncomfortable. He was just starting to find some form - ain't it always the way,

Anyone heard anything?
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Goshengareth

Post by Goshengareth »

Great win. Onwards and upwards. Building consistency and confidence, plus internationals to return. Totally perplexed by the Toomua ahead of Ford views. In Dec and Jan, Ford was playing with a woefully underperforming pack in front of him, and on occasion against some high quality opposition in the European Cup. People are also forgetting the excellent combination of Food and Toomua on occasion earlier in the season when we had a decent run.

I for one can't wait to have them playing alongside each other.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

strawclearer wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:17 pm Talking of Williamsssssss...Mike Williams looked decidedly uncomfortable. He was just starting to find some form - ain't it always the way,

Anyone heard anything?
MOC said on RL after the game that out of Holmes and Williams, who both went off with Hamstring injuries, Mike Williams was worse off.

No indication of how bad or time etc though.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:59 pm
Rugbyflanker wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:48 pm We had more than Sarries imo and on that day Ford showed his colours. Ford goes missing,the typical flatrack bully. Guys like Farrell and Toomua dont, Ford can do world class things at times but Toomua is way more consistent. I never like seeing a winning team broken up just because of the name a player carries.
How can you say Toomua doesn't when you havn't seen him with a backwards pack.
Big Dai wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:53 pm I'd agree with that BUT our centre options are again limited by injury. If you had Owen fit, yep. But we don't
the owen that has been dropped completely by Glous? :smt010 Shame his move hasn't worked out for him yet would've been great to keep hold of him.

The simple game plan is for me biggest difference and Ford kicking from hand suits that very much IMO.
What Jimmy said.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Just need Leicester to sign someone called Owen O'Connor now, it'll keep the kids occupied for days!
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Is BOC England's answer at 7?
HantsTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by HantsTiger »

Season, MoC said on the RL podcast that he was having surgery that's not a few week turnaround :smt010

Is Bakewell having input to the lineouts? They also seem to have improved over the last couple of weeks
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:32 pm Is BOC England's answer at 7?
Don't think so, but then again, who will Eddie want at 7 come the World Cup? A Curry, Underhill, Simmonds, that Willis boy from Wasps? Why not BOC?
Semper in excretia
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

[quote

Is Bakewell having input to the lineouts? They also seem to have improved over the last couple of weeks
[/quote]

As forwards are in the line-outs, one would assume so.
Semper in excretia
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

Hard fought win, the intensity of the entire team is up more than just a notch or two these past few weeks.

Worcester were well up for it too, the attrition rate was as high as I can remember and hope the likes of BOC, Jonah, Williams and their blokes are ok for the next round of Premiership games. Unfortunately I doubt Williams will be or their two that got stretchered off and hopefully BOC wasn’t as bad as it looked as MOC seems reluctant to play Evans who is our only other decent option as a “proper” 7.

Some definite signs of revival as Manu, TV, Toomua, Harrison, Holmes & the forwards look like they are returning to form even before we hopefully get Ford, May, Cole, Genge & maybe even YBY back for the run in.

If they can hit the ground running then we will be a threat to anyone no matter who and where we play.