Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Wuss vs Tigers

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:22 pm
Toomua is getting quick front foot ball, Ford, given the same is fantastic
Nail on head. Lots of Ford criticism when he was playing behind an unconvincing pack, that aspect is far far better, judge Ford on how he handles it with the same parameters.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

also it's debatable if Toomua is the best 10 at the club but one thing is certain he is definitely the best 12 and George Ford is a better 10 then who ever the next best 12 is in that position
BengalTiger

Post by BengalTiger »

I havent heard from him, I hope Rolly has not been taken ill!!
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

BengalTiger wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:32 pm I havent heard from him, I hope Rolly has not been taken ill!!
He's been at my Remy. Someone has. The level has dropped in the past three weeks.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Louis

Post by Louis »

The last two matches were not utter cack. Winning away from home too, mirabile dictu.

I feel a dangerous sense of optimism. I may have to put my hands together in a rhythmic, noise making motion that signifies an elevated mood. I noticed we did this thing I've heard about in rugby, you know the one, where the oblong roundy thing goes over the whitey liney thing near some big H-shaped stick-like object. I am given to understand this is a Good Thing.

Bring on Pests (H), the Olde Enemy (A), Stains (H), Leicester North (H), and Enya (A). 5 from each would put us at 72. Obviously everyone else will lose everything, despite that being physically impossible.

Hmm, one can take this optimism too far. :smt038
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Mmm lots of front front foot ball at home v Sarries with a completely dominant scrum,Ford did nowt. Compare that with Farrell in the same game who managed the game far better,most of the time going backwards. As for the debate Toomua is the better ten for me and suits our game plan much better but sadly I still see George parachuted straight back in.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:41 pm Mmm lots of front front foot ball at home v Sarries with a completely dominant scrum,Ford did nowt. Compare that with Farrell in the same game who managed the game far better,most of the time going backwards. As for the debate Toomua is the better ten for me and suits our game plan much better but sadly I still see George parachuted straight back in.
But we didn't get lots of front foot ball.
Outside our scrums in that game our forwards where :censored:.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

We had more than Sarries imo and on that day Ford showed his colours. Ford goes missing,the typical flatrack bully. Guys like Farrell and Toomua dont, Ford can do world class things at times but Toomua is way more consistent. I never like seeing a winning team broken up just because of the name a player carries.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:48 pm We had more than Sarries imo and on that day Ford showed his colours. Ford goes missing,the typical flatrack bully. Guys like Farrell and Toomua dont, Ford can do world class things at times but Toomua is way more consistent. I never like seeing a winning team broken up just because of the name a player carries.
I'd agree with that BUT our centre options are again limited by injury. If you had Owen fit, yep. But we don't
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Dave J wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:18 pm
Great win! But Eddie can keep Ford ;)
There is definitely a big decision looming for MoC as to who plays 10 when the 6 Nations are over, George Ford is a top class player but it's hard to deny that Tigers look a much more potent force with Toomua @ FH
If the side is still winning and healthy then those coming back from injury and Ints must prove themselves to get a place in the 23. So maybe only the bench for the Ints?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Back to a simple game, and we’re creating problems. None of this getting to the edge nonsense....which needs 15 players who make zero errors. Add to this Manu is inch by inch believing that he can get back to near his best. Veainu.....is a magician...he causes havoc in the defences. Was it player led, or did ‘O’Connor realise that it wasn’t working. When is Genge back ? Suddenly the future looks bright. Injuries are a worry....two weeks playing on these pitches.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:48 pm We had more than Sarries imo and on that day Ford showed his colours. Ford goes missing,the typical flatrack bully. Guys like Farrell and Toomua dont, Ford can do world class things at times but Toomua is way more consistent. I never like seeing a winning team broken up just because of the name a player carries.
Farrell doesn't go missing. Did you see him against Scotland? Other than his try he was shocking.

Ford is an intelligent player who has played fairly well for us this season. Toomua is a quality player and is making the most of our revamped forward pack. Let's see what the 10/12 combination of Ford and Toomua can bring with decent ball. Manu and TV being back and approaching form makes life a lot easier for a Tigers 10 as well.

I hope we've tied down Bakewell to a long tem contract because the impact on our forwards has been incredible. Our defence is now looking a lot better with Brett allowed to focus on this instead of spreading himself between defence and forwards coaching. Some things to keep working on but things are looking up.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

How can you say Toomua doesn't when you havn't seen him with a backwards pack.
Big Dai wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:53 pm I'd agree with that BUT our centre options are again limited by injury. If you had Owen fit, yep. But we don't
the owen that has been dropped completely by Glous? :smt010 Shame his move hasn't worked out for him yet would've been great to keep hold of him.

The simple game plan is for me biggest difference and Ford kicking from hand suits that very much IMO.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:59 pm
How can you say Toomua doesn't when you havn't seen him with a backwards pack.
Big Dai wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:53 pm I'd agree with that BUT our centre options are again limited by injury. If you had Owen fit, yep. But we don't
the owen that has been dropped completely by Glous? :smt010 Shame his move hasn't worked out for him yet would've been great to keep hold of him.

The simple game plan is for me biggest difference and Ford kicking from hand suits that very much IMO.
Gareth Owen not Owen Williams
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:01 pm
Gareth Owen not Owen Williams

Makes sense . (although my point re Williams still stands....)

Anyone know how long GO is meant to be out for assume pretty much for the season.