Sarries vs Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Sarries vs Tigers

Post by JP14 »

Tigers could look back on last year’s AWC semifinal for inspiration and revenge defeat here at Welford Road in December.
1 Bateman
2 TPN
3 Mulipola
4 Wells
5 Kitchener
6 Hamilton (captain)
7 O’Connor
8 Kalamafoni
9 Simmo
10 Toomua
11 Holmes
12 Owen
13 Tuilagi
14 Thompstone
15 Veainu
16 T. Youngs
17 Rizzo
18 Cilliers
19 Williams
20 Mapapalangi
21 Harrison
22 Worth (pretend Ford is injured, c’mon Matt)
23 Tait
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Sarries vs Tigers

Post by Stephen18 »

JP14 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:30 am Tigers could look back on last year’s AWC semifinal for inspiration and revenge defeat here at Welford Road in December.
1 Bateman
2 TPN
3 Mulipola
4 Wells
5 Kitchener
6 Hamilton (captain)
7 O’Connor
8 Kalamafoni
9 Simmo
10 Toomua
11 Holmes
12 Owen
13 Tuilagi
14 Thompstone
15 Veainu
16 T. Youngs
17 Rizzo
18 Cilliers
19 Williams
20 Mapapalangi
21 Harrison
23 Tait
Id go with a similar team the only changed i make is start cilliers for logo as he seems to be struggling to be an impact runner when he starts, i still start harrison as i dont think sarries away is the game to throw simmons in just make sure he gets a good amount of game time 20mins rather than 90secs, and id also start tait over manu.
But i reckon there will be alot of changes this week due to sarries pitch and us having a large number of players who have heavily strapped knees. So i could see moc resting logo, boc, owen, manu and possibly toomua to rest up for the Worcester game.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Stephen18 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:55 am .....i reckon there will be alot of changes this week due to sarries pitch and us having a large number of players who have heavily strapped knees. So i could see moc resting logo, boc, owen, manu and possibly toomua to rest up for the Worcester game.
I'm not sure we have the luxury of being able to 'rest up' any player.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

strawclearer wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:41 am
Stephen18 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:55 am .....i reckon there will be alot of changes this week due to sarries pitch and us having a large number of players who have heavily strapped knees. So i could see moc resting logo, boc, owen, manu and possibly toomua to rest up for the Worcester game.
I'm not sure we have the luxury of being able to 'rest up' any player.
No and i dont think it would be the right thing to do, i think we need to keep building. I just think moc will make the decision to sacrifice this to concentrate on the Worcester game, no insider knowledge i just think he might.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

We dont have the luxury of resting players. Sarries did not look great on Friday night and most of the starting team were on the pitch till past the 70th minute....Sarries did not have much quality to come off the bench.....a tough game which we must look to win....we cant concede it by putting out a weaker team.
Worcester are playing well and are playing as a settled unit and are likely to have Adams available for the match.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

I'd bring OTY, Manu and Muli off the bench 60 mins as impact.
Would not start them as they don't offer anything when all teams are fresh.They need to earn their place...

Matt Tam has to start. He's missed games and been looked after because of injury, he should be fresh and after Quins would be chomping for a start. Captain please.

Other wise - as posters have eluded to with starting squad.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Completely agree with that already said, resting any players would be a massive step backwards. If we manage to secure a LBP, it could mean a lot at the end of the season, hence why we have to pick the strongest team available.

I would bring in TPN, Cilliers, Wells, Hamilton and Smith to add some mobility in the XV. Smith we need in the backs for his defence. Bench Youngs, Mulipola, Williams and Tuilagi who could offer that power in the last quarter.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

wellstiger wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:20 am I'd bring OTY, Manu and Muli off the bench 60 mins as impact.
Would not start them as they don't offer anything when all teams are fresh.They need to earn their place...

Matt Tam has to start. He's missed games and been looked after because of injury, he should be fresh and after Quins would be chomping for a start. Captain please.

Other wise - as posters have eluded to with starting squad.
After nearly two years off injured Manu needs game time to regain full match fitness, he won't get it siting on the bench. I never expected him to be functioning as before until he had 10-15 matches under his belt.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

If there are concerns over BOC knees, surely would be the perfect match to give Evans more game time at 7.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I just realised that Hamilton is in Scotland’s 29 match squad so could be involved in the Calcutta Cup, therefore it looks as though Williams will be starting again
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Just think, if rugby hadn't given into the spin surrounding 4G pitches and how great they are to the game, we wouldn't even need to discuss how we might consider resting players with fragile knees.
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

Bateman
TPN
Cillers
Wells
Kitch
Mapapalangi
BoC
Kalamoafoni
Harrison
Toomua
Holmes
Owen
Manu
Thompstone
Veaniu

Reps: Youngs, Rizzo, Muli, Williams, Evans, Simmonds, Tait, Worth
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Stephen18 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:55 am
JP14 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:30 am Tigers could look back on last year’s AWC semifinal for inspiration and revenge defeat here at Welford Road in December.
1 Bateman
2 TPN
3 Mulipola
4 Wells
5 Kitchener
6 Hamilton (captain)
7 O’Connor
8 Kalamafoni
9 Simmo
10 Toomua
11 Holmes
12 Owen
13 Tuilagi
14 Thompstone
15 Veainu
16 T. Youngs
17 Rizzo
18 Cilliers
19 Williams
20 Mapapalangi
21 Harrison
23 Tait
Id go with a similar team the only changed i make is start cilliers for logo as he seems to be struggling to be an impact runner when he starts, i still start harrison as i dont think sarries away is the game to throw simmons in just make sure he gets a good amount of game time 20mins rather than 90secs, and id also start tait over manu.
But i reckon there will be alot of changes this week due to sarries pitch and us having a large number of players who have heavily strapped knees. So i could see moc resting logo, boc, owen, manu and possibly toomua to rest up for the Worcester game.
Manu needs game time
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Spicer wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:37 pm Bateman
TPN
Cillers
Wells
Kitch
Mapapalangi
BoC
Kalamoafoni
Harrison
Toomua
Holmes
Owen
Manu
Thompstone
Veaniu

Reps: Youngs, Rizzo, Muli, Williams, Evans, Simmonds, Tait, Worth
Pretty much in agreement with this. Debatable whether Fitzgerald or Williams is better on the bench and I think I'd start Simmonds. If there's any doubt about O'Connor's knees, I'd start Evans. I suspect Ford will bench again at the expense of Worth unfortunately.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Nobody should be deselected on account of the pitch IMO. There are 3 clubs in the Prem alone with artificial pitches iirc. If you are not physically capable of playing on them your not capable of playing on any pitch IMO. Team seems to largely pick itself given recent evidence. Toomua and the team should be more comfortable with him at 10 this week. Think we need to have a decent start. Sarries love to be in control anyway and given the squad they have a bit of scoreboard pressure could pay dividends. It's the hope that kills you right. But there is some logic in being at least hopeful for this one IMO.