Tigers v Quins

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Tigers v Quins

Post by Stephen18 »

LestaTiger wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:29 pm The team I would like to see next week, depending on injuries and Eng U20 players would be...

15 Veainu
14 Holmes
13 Malouf or Tuilagi (depending on injury)
12 Toomua
11 Thompstone
10 Hardwick
9 Simmons

1 Gigena
2 Youngs (c)
3 Mulipola
4 Barrow
5 Williams
6 Evans
7 O’Connor
8 Mapapalagi

Replacements
16 Tatafu Polota-Nau
17 Bateman
18 Betts
19 Fitzgerald
20 Kalamafoni
21 White
22 Ford
22 Tuilagi or Owen
23 Olowofela
Id say this is to much reliance on youth and players returning from injury we have to get wins now not experiment 3-4 through the squad is as much as we can afford in the games at the moment, and i dont believe the u20s will be released and people seem to think malouf will be out for a while.
id like a team of
Bateman
Youngs
Chillers
Wells
Kitchener
Hamilton
O connor
Mapapalangi
Harrison
Toomua
Holmes
Owen
Tuilagi
Thompstone
Veaniu

Gigena
Nau
Logo
Barrow
Evans
Simmons
Worth
Tait
And be looking to make changed earlier 50-55mins
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Dream on , all of you, the Tigers Matchday Live said Ford had a ''strong game'' so heaven help the team because he will be at No 10 against the mighty Quins.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

fortysix wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:28 pm Dream on , all of you, the Tigers Matchday Live said Ford had a ''strong game'' so heaven help the team because he will be at No 10 against the mighty Quins.
:smt010
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

fortysix wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:28 pm Dream on , all of you, the Tigers Matchday Live said Ford had a ''strong game'' so heaven help the team because he will be at No 10 against the mighty Quins.
Wouldn't be surprised if part of George's contract is that Joe has to play in his absence...

15. Telusa Veaniu
14. Jonah Holmes
13. Manu Tuilagi
12. Charlie Thacker
11. Adam Thompstone
10. Matt Toomua (c)
9. Harry Simmons
1. Greg Bateman
2. Tatafu Polota-Nau
3. Logo Mulipola
4. Harry Wells
5. Graham Kitchener
6. Sione Kalamafoni
7. Will Evans
8. Brendan O'Connor

16. Tom Youngs
17. Michele Rizzo
18. Pat Cilliers
19. Mike Fitzgerald
20. Luke Hamilton
21. Sam Harrison
22. George Worth
23. Mat Tait
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

drc_007 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:51 pm
JP14 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:46 pm
drc_007 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:42 pm When is Genge due back?
Home game vs Wasps, so the 25th
Cheers
I think so anyway I would hope earlier he is in some form of training
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

I didn't see the Glouc game, but two tries with Ford at 10 and zero tries with Toomua at 10 does suggest that Ford didn't have the worst game ever.

Add in a try for himself, converting both tries and 5m gained from 1 run, against 8m from 7 by Toomua, and 19m from 13 by Manu. While making 7 tackles and missing 2 isn't good, it doesn't compare that unfavourably with his teammates (see Malouf, made 1 missed 4!!).

Stats don't tell the whole story, but it sounds like he was far from Tigers' worst player on the day - maybe time to stop the "J Ford is worse than my grandmother" hyperbole?

Would I pick him? Maybe, maybe not, but as I've said before - if we lose the next match or don't reach top4/6 it will certainly not be due to picking Joe Ford.

Some people observe that George Ford kicks a lot more for Tigers than England. Have a look at the quality and speed of ball that the England pack produce, compared to that which the Tigers pack produces. Then you might see where the problem actually lies...

Ford, Toomua or Hardwick at 10, we need the forwards to up their game if we're going to beat Quins.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

When Quins get it together they’re decent, but they are very inconsistent. Our local Under 16s would fancy getting a result at WR at the moment. Despite all of the moaning, Top 6 is definitely within reach and 4th achievable, if we can get a run of wins and some confidence.

Getting back to former glories is another thing. Leaving MoC out of it, I remember the season that we brought in Barbieri and Giraldini..recruitment has been woeful. Kalamafoni tries hard but he’s not going to trouble the top defences.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

westwinds31 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:57 am Top 6 is definitely within reach and 4th achievable.
The first is doable - but the teams above Tigers would probably have something to say about that - the second lies within the realms of fantasy I'm afraid
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

After what I have seen this season I would be playing Manu at 12 with two 7's playing in Evans and O'Connor.
Leicester need to come back against the grain more often and I want to see Manu doing that with the two mobile 7's on the park in support inside and out.
Likewise in defence with Roberts in the Quins team two 7's makes some sense and seeing how Wasps dealt with Quins then Leicester need to target the breakdown in my opinion!
For this Quins match Leicester are very possibly going to need to defend against Smith, Roberts and Marchant, if Toomua is playing 10 then they can send Roberts up Toomua's channel all day and Toomua will be just fine, Smith is also tricky to defend and I'd fancy Toomua to handle him, but I'd really like to see Manu steaming up Smith's channel!
1) Bateman
2) TPN
3) Cilliers
4) Wells
5) Kitchener
6) Hamilton
7) Evans
8) O'Connor
9) Simmonds
10) Toomua
11) Veainu
12) Manu
13) Owen
14) Thompstone
15) Tait
Gigena, Youngs, Mulipola, Barrow, Kalamafoni, Harrison, Smith, Ford.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

westwinds31 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:57 am When Quins get it together they’re decent, but they are very inconsistent. Our local Under 16s would fancy getting a result at WR at the moment. Despite all of the moaning, Top 6 is definitely within reach and 4th achievable, if we can get a run of wins and some confidence.

Getting back to former glories is another thing. Leaving MoC out of it, I remember the season that we brought in Barbieri and Giraldini..recruitment has been woeful. Kalamafoni tries hard but he’s not going to trouble the top defences.
Kalamafoni has scored some good tries for Gloucester, but it was when Morgan/Moriarty was doing the hard graft at 8
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Bateman, TPN, Cilliers,
Fitz, Wells,
Kalomifoni, BOC (c), Evans
Harrison, Toomua,
Holmes, Owen, Many, Vieanu
Worth.

Reps: Mulipola, OTY, Betts, Tino, Hamilton, Simmons, Tait, Thompstone
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Some players after their performance against Gloucester need dropping such as Youngs and Williams. Always liked Williams as a player but he needs to get back the form that got him in the EPS.

Wells, Evans and O’Connor would allow us to attach the breakdown which will be crucial against Quins. Liking the backrow others have suggested on this thread, so considering their is nothing to lose with a different selection I would pick:

Bateman TPN Cilliers
Wells Kitchener
Kalamaofoni Evans
O’Connor
Harrison J Ford, sadly need a reliable kicker in there
Toomua Owen
Thompstone Veainu
Tait (C)

Gigena Youngs Mulipola Barrow Hamilton White Worth Tuilagi
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Can't even be bothered to pick a team anymore just totally disillusioned at present! Sad really...
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:43 pm Can't even be bothered to pick a team anymore just totally disillusioned at present! Sad really...
It could be a very good game, both teams more or less same caliber, so both really got to win, I'm expecting a home win, we need it.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:20 pm Some players after their performance against Gloucester need dropping such as Youngs and Williams. Always liked Williams as a player but he needs to get back the form that got him in the EPS.

Wells, Evans and O’Connor would allow us to attach the breakdown which will be crucial against Quins. Liking the backrow others have suggested on this thread, so considering their is nothing to lose with a different selection I would pick:

Bateman TPN Cilliers
Wells Kitchener
Kalamaofoni Evans
O’Connor
Harrison J Ford, sadly need a reliable kicker in there
Toomua Owen
Thompstone Veainu
Tait (C)

Gigena Youngs Mulipola Barrow Hamilton White Worth Tuilagi
One Williams is playing out of position, I believe he’s a lock rather than a 6, two it shows that the forwards aren’t being coached when they can’t carry for toffee, on paper Williams is a very good player that should be causing the defence issues all the time