Premiership v Gloucester!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Up next....Premiership v Gloucester!

Post by wormus »

JP14 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:22 am
I would say with 24 missed tackles in one half, it was probably their inaccuracy that caused them to miss out on a TBP, not the quality of the Tigers defence, but as I say I didn't see it so maybe I'm wrong! [/quote]

Neither did I, I’m just basing it off the report and the stats [/quote]

The highlights of the this weekends Aviva Premiership games is on Channel 5 this Monday @ 7 to 8pm
So we may see about 5 mins between adverts & Flatman!
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Re: Premiership v Gloucester!

Post by johnthegriff »

I did see the game and agree with others BOC was our best man. Some seem to be making judgements based on what they expected to see or perhaps on what others have said whilst not seeing the game themselves. Ford did ok neither more nor less, he did get a couple of kicks wrong but he took his try well and only missed one difficult goal kick with a very noisy shed behind him. Both teams missed a few tackles in an open game, for me the turning point was the justifiable yellow card, that was a bit daft. When we needed a replacement prop causing the removal of Tait from the field it left us a man short wide out, a situation made worse by the fact that Williams was down with a head injury so Glos could stroll over. Manu is still rusty but lasted the game, the lineout went well apart from one apparent overthrow but it might have been the lifters. I thought this was a better performance despite the fact that we lost. Gloucester were the better team on the day but we deserved the LB. We did have four players absent due to England call up, their replacements yellow card apart were adequate although clearly not as good as the absentees.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

JP14 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:48 am
Hot_Charlie wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:59 pm
Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:59 pm Always said give J Ford a chance but at the end of the day he is a championship standard player. Really can’t expect anything more from him and the club should be ashamed of their recruitment.
Which DOR oversaw his recruitment and which coach wanted him in the first place?
He was signed before MOC came here yet he plays him a lot
Not really. Apart from the dead rubber ERCC game in France and the AWC, his Premiership appearances have been very limited (until the Gloucester match) as a replacement in the dying minutes of the game (other than when forced by injuries elsewhere in the back line). I don't think he's MOC's ideal player at all.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

All I've seen was what was written after the match on social media.

It isn't comfortable reading.

The majority opinion was that the team played with little commitment, no passion, poor accuracy and bad discipline.

That and MoC ought to do the decent thing and walk, instead of trotting out mealy mouthed platitudes.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

http://www.espn.co.uk/rugby/playerstats ... gue=267979

Some of the stats are absolutely shocking. Add Mulipola and Williams together and you get 5 runs for 0 metres, 8 tackles missed out of 30, 1 yellow card and 1 pass. It's contributions like that from some of our forwards that are holding us back. Not even close to good enough.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

The fans on Facebook are right, the whole board should be held accountable, including Kay, for this mess and I know the fans shouldn’t be unfaithful but currently Tigers are a waste of precious supporter’s money at the moment.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

JP14 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:14 am The fans on Facebook are right, the whole board should be held accountable, including Kay, for this mess and I know the fans shouldn’t be unfaithful but currently Tigers are a waste of precious supporter’s money at the moment.
Well if Social Media is anything to go by, there wont be many season tickets sold for next year. Fans should forget this whole 'support through thick and thin' rubbish and vote with their feet for the rest of the year.

See it more as a protest than cessation of support.

Empty terraces/stands look bad on TV and they look bad in the ledger - change has to come and it may have to be forced.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Roly wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:19 am
JP14 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:14 am The fans on Facebook are right, the whole board should be held accountable, including Kay, for this mess and I know the fans shouldn’t be unfaithful but currently Tigers are a waste of precious supporter’s money at the moment.
Well if Social Media is anything to go by, there wont be many season tickets sold for next year. Fans should forget this whole 'support through thick and thin' rubbish and vote with their feet for the rest of the year.

Empty terraces/stands look bad on TV and they look bad in the ledger - change has to come and it may have to be forced.
I’d rather do that then see us turn to football with the cardboard signs
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

JP14 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:21 am

I don't know actually, public humiliation of the Coaching Team and/or Board may be the catalyst required for change.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Roly wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:01 am

I don't know actually, public humiliation of the Coaching Team and/or Board may be the catalyst required for change.
#WengerOut hasn’t worked yet, so cardboard signs are necessarily the answer.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

JP14 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:27 pm
Roly wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:01 am

#WengerOut hasn’t worked yet, so cardboard signs are necessarily the answer.
football chairmen tend to take action when you shout sack the board.

also Arsenal have an absentee owner, any other club he would have gone years ago
KevinR

Post by KevinR »

Now seen the highlights and the Glos tries were defensive howlers: Malouf & Veainu jumping out of the line and then Harrison left all on his own guiding the blind-side of a ruck on our line. You'd expect better at this level TBH. Combined with the yellow card, it feels like another game we could have won.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Gloucester were nothing special. Impressed by their backrow who were all under 23 I think and already better than ours. Just Tigers were dreadful in parts of the match and there was a significant lack of quality. Mulipola and Tuilagi in my mind were both poor, living off the back of past reputations. Whereas from what I’ve read the Gloucester team was picked on form and it showed.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

wormus wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:23 pm
JP14 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:22 am
I would say with 24 missed tackles in one half, it was probably their inaccuracy that caused them to miss out on a TBP, not the quality of the Tigers defence, but as I say I didn't see it so maybe I'm wrong!
Neither did I, I’m just basing it off the report and the stats [/quote]

The highlights of the this weekends Aviva Premiership games is on Channel 5 this Monday @ 7 to 8pm
So we may see about 5 mins between adverts & Flatman!
[/quote]

36 missed tackles total I counted, absolutely pathetic, Youngs, Williams, Malouf were the worst.

Only ones deserving of credit were BoC and Harrison who put more effort into clearing rucks than most of the forwards combined.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Harrison tackle count was superb for a SH!