Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Re: The Six Nations Thread

Post by Robespierre »

Roly wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:47 am
Robespierre wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:00 am
Tiglon wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:35 am Brown would be my choice - he's the most experienced, most dependable and is mentally the toughest of the options. With the pace we will have at 11, 13, 14 he doesn't need to be Usain Bolt.

Most of all he has the kind of personality and attitude you want in your team. He's a leader, and Tigers are currently showing what happens when you don't have enough of those.

And last time we beat New Zealand the full back was the well known speed merchant Alex Goode, with none other than Brown on one wing, Ashton on the other, and Manu alongside Brad "lightning" Barrett in the centres. Pace isn't everything, and luckily Eddie Jones understands that.
Fine, you would choose Brown and I'm sure he'll give 100% and won't let the team down. I may be in the minority, but personally I'd much rather have a fullback like Stuart Hogg in the team - maybe this English player doesn't exist!!
Hogg is a flat-track bully and well over-rated.
By whom? Excluding your good self, of course.
Semper in excretia
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Roly wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:47 am
Robespierre wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:00 am
Tiglon wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:35 am Brown would be my choice - he's the most experienced, most dependable and is mentally the toughest of the options. With the pace we will have at 11, 13, 14 he doesn't need to be Usain Bolt.

Most of all he has the kind of personality and attitude you want in your team. He's a leader, and Tigers are currently showing what happens when you don't have enough of those.

And last time we beat New Zealand the full back was the well known speed merchant Alex Goode, with none other than Brown on one wing, Ashton on the other, and Manu alongside Brad "lightning" Barrett in the centres. Pace isn't everything, and luckily Eddie Jones understands that.
Fine, you would choose Brown and I'm sure he'll give 100% and won't let the team down. I may be in the minority, but personally I'd much rather have a fullback like Stuart Hogg in the team - maybe this English player doesn't exist!!
Hogg is a flat-track bully and well over-rated.
Watson and May are the closest we have to the Hogg type of player, and both are in the starting line up alongside Brown. Seems a sensible balance to me.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

As Te'o, gets his chance, you have to feel that that could be it for Manu Tuilagi, whose last international start was way back in June 2014.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Regardless of club form, Brown has always played well for England and is dependable the back. With Daly, Watson and May he doesn’t need to be destroying teams on his own and is the best fit for England and how they play at the moment.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

That's team I would have picked!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Former Tigers Tiziano Pasquali on the bench for Italy.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

The best side he could have picked in the circs.

Come on England!!!
Soggypitch
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Our U20s did pretty well last night, White got his 1st try on his 1st start but Lewis got yellow carded at the end
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

JP14 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:01 am Our U20s did pretty well last night, White got his 1st try on his 1st start but Lewis got yellow carded at the end
White looked over coached and robotic although the passing is very good.
Lewis looked out of his depth in my opinion.
I thought it was a penalty try to Italy much sooner when Lewis was carded, which would've given Italy more time to go for the win!
The back three apart, in the main Italy had the edge in my opinion which is unusual at this level!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

BFG wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:12 am
JP14 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:01 am Our U20s did pretty well last night, White got his 1st try on his 1st start but Lewis got yellow carded at the end
White looked over coached and robotic although the passing is very good.
Lewis looked out of his depth in my opinion.
I thought it was a penalty try to Italy much sooner when Lewis was carded, which would've given Italy more time to go for the win!
The back three apart, in the main Italy had the edge in my opinion which is unusual at this level!
I was surprised that he was called up in my opinion, thought Mahoney merited a call up
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Scotland playing poorly but poor officiating from the officials Wales throwing forward passes left right and centre and Scotland being called up for nonexistent knock-ons
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

Scotland are the architects of their own downfall. So many errors.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Was worried about Scotland away, but after watching that, England should be able to take them apart, especially with the forwards.

Don’t think Wales were that great either, just Scotland were so poor it made them look good. Against a proper pack like England I think Wales will struggle.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

If Italy had realised that the England set-piece was so fragile earlier they could have won. Remind me who coaches the Eng U20 forwards?
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Spicer wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:09 pm Scotland are the architects of their own downfall. So many errors.
How bad were Scotlands Halfbacks! :smt005